JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#26)
Old
jox's Avatar
jox jox is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 135 Convertible
Default 02-13-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow
Any luck guys?
Yep, I'm slowly making progress on a Iphone solution. As soon as i have something working I will show you!
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
indy99gpgt indy99gpgt is offline
Engineer
 
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2011
Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 02-13-2012, 10:34 PM

I havent had time to mess with it since the idea came about. I would like to though! Ive been busy trying to buy a house. Most of my free time is dedicated to that.

2Slow, could you send me the VBA code again. rzahn10@gmail.com

I cant seemt to remember where i put it at.


2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
Ramjet's Avatar
Ramjet Ramjet is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 126
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: Z4 s35i 7DCT
Default 02-14-2012, 04:48 AM

Sooo much want this App!


E89 N54 / ***** / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless DP's / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
2Slow's Avatar
2Slow 2Slow is offline
Velocity Challenged
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2010
Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 02-14-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy99gpgt
I havent had time to mess with it since the idea came about. I would like to though! Ive been busy trying to buy a house. Most of my free time is dedicated to that.

2Slow, could you send me the VBA code again. rzahn10@gmail.com

I cant seemt to remember where i put it at.
Email sent.
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
dragazn dragazn is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Join Date: Mar 2009
Car: e92
Default 02-16-2012, 09:12 AM

i would like to join in on the development, whoever gathering people, please let me know how to join in guys. I have a coding background as well.
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
mzman mzman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Sep 2011
Car: 135i, 944T, M3, MRoad, Miata
Default 02-16-2012, 11:20 AM

Maybe we can setup a shared dropbox folder for development sharing? I'd also like access to some source code instead of starting from scratch.
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
2Slow's Avatar
2Slow 2Slow is offline
Velocity Challenged
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2010
Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzman
Maybe we can setup a shared dropbox folder for development sharing? I'd also like access to some source code instead of starting from scratch.
Below is the basic serial comm code, need someone who knows how to set up an open source account to take it from here. There are a few other guys who may have taken it further into iOS code.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9r...UwNzgzNDA4ZDdh
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
BOosted 335i's Avatar
BOosted 335i BOosted 335i is offline
Meth Addict
 
Posts: 84
Join Date: Jul 2010
Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 04-15-2012, 06:23 PM

i know its been awhile since this thread started & couple of months since last post but anyone working on a android app for tablet/smartphone?Trying to keep the thread alive


E90 335i Auto, Cold Weather, & Sports Prem. Package, Navigation
Mods
: JB4/MHD, ACF ST, Precision T/S 6062, AD-Eng Mounts, Precision RaceWorks Stg 3+LPFP, //HPF Exhaust Titanium Tips, Custom HighLow OCC, Precision RaceWorks Coils,RACE InterCooler, Custom Meth Kit, Justin(v8Bait)Tuning
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
aflatau aflatau is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 75
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: 335i
Default 04-15-2012, 11:39 PM

I am an iOS developer as well, the problem I see is just communicating between the iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad and the JB4.
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
Xearo's Avatar
Xearo Xearo is offline
Because Racecar
 
Posts: 202
Join Date: Jun 2011
Car: '08 135i
Default 04-16-2012, 05:53 AM



-'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp
-'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
-'97 318is - Daily
-'82 320i
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
BOosted 335i's Avatar
BOosted 335i BOosted 335i is offline
Meth Addict
 
Posts: 84
Join Date: Jul 2010
Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 04-16-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflatau
I am an iOS developer as well, the problem I see is just communicating between the iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad and the JB4.
Hope there's a fix for it.it would be a nice option.thx


E90 335i Auto, Cold Weather, & Sports Prem. Package, Navigation
Mods
: JB4/MHD, ACF ST, Precision T/S 6062, AD-Eng Mounts, Precision RaceWorks Stg 3+LPFP, //HPF Exhaust Titanium Tips, Custom HighLow OCC, Precision RaceWorks Coils,RACE InterCooler, Custom Meth Kit, Justin(v8Bait)Tuning
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
jox's Avatar
jox jox is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 135 Convertible
Default 04-16-2012, 06:06 AM

Yeah, I'm working on it but it takes a lot of time.

This is what i have done so far:
  • I have designed a simple hardware wifi-adapter that handles the serial copmmunication over wifi, this is essential since serial communication not is an option on the IPhone
  • I've implemented a parser that can read tha data stream from the JB4 and parse the data from it, it took a lot of time to reverse engineer the protocol even though Terry has been really helpful.
  • I've started working on the graph. I'm currently doing this on the Mac and will port it to IOS when its working alright. This is quite a lot of job, the windows interface uses a third party control for drawing the charts which makes things a lot easier. On the Mac/IOS platform I haven't found any charting tools that can be used without heavy customization, so this will take some time.

My goal with this is to provide a native Mac-inteface for free, and to sell the hardware adapter and the IPhone/IPad app for a reasonable cost.


I will let you guys know when it's time for beta testing! Here is a small teaser from the Mac-inteface:

Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
aflatau aflatau is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 75
Join Date: Apr 2012
Car: 335i
Default 04-16-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jox
Yeah, I'm working on it but it takes a lot of time.

This is what i have done so far:
  • I have designed a simple hardware wifi-adapter that handles the serial copmmunication over wifi, this is essential since serial communication not is an option on the IPhone
  • I've implemented a parser that can read tha data stream from the JB4 and parse the data from it, it took a lot of time to reverse engineer the protocol even though Terry has been really helpful.
  • I've started working on the graph. I'm currently doing this on the Mac and will port it to IOS when its working alright. This is quite a lot of job, the windows interface uses a third party control for drawing the charts which makes things a lot easier. On the Mac/IOS platform I haven't found any charting tools that can be used without heavy customization, so this will take some time.

My goal with this is to provide a native Mac-inteface for free, and to sell the hardware adapter and the IPhone/IPad app for a reasonable cost.

I will let you guys know when it's time for beta testing! Here is a small teaser from the Mac-inteface:

I am guessing you are writing this in object C correct?
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
jox's Avatar
jox jox is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Join Date: Mar 2010
Car: 135 Convertible
Default 04-16-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflatau
I am guessing you are writing this in object C correct?
Correct. I wasn't even planning to do a mac version, but since it's I can resue the code I start with the mac version.
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
TCW TCW is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM

I would like to test both out when they become beta. I have a macbook pro and iphone 4 to test it on.


2008 335I E92, AW, AMS IC, JB4 15ohm, BMS Dual Cone Intake, 19" BBS LM Rep Wheels, 20% Tinted Windows, OEM Front BMW Aero Lip, Alpine White Reflectors, AR Design !*** *********, AMS Intercooler, H&R Touring Cup Kit aftermarket Suspension system, 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl wrapped Kidney Grill & interior trim, interior LED kit, BMS WW meth kit, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, !CDV etc.
Reply With Quote
(#41)
Old
ZTZ1010 ZTZ1010 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 57
Join Date: Oct 2010
Car: 09 E90 335i
Default 04-17-2012, 08:14 AM

your work is much appreciated! this would be fantastic
Reply With Quote
(#42)
Old
Xearo's Avatar
Xearo Xearo is offline
Because Racecar
 
Posts: 202
Join Date: Jun 2011
Car: '08 135i
Default 05-04-2012, 11:31 AM



-'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp
-'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
-'97 318is - Daily
-'82 320i
Reply With Quote
(#43)
Old
GetSomeE92 GetSomeE92 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 337
Join Date: May 2011
Car: '09 E92
Default 05-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Would this be easier to accomplish on an Android platform?
Reply With Quote
(#44)
Old
Xearo's Avatar
Xearo Xearo is offline
Because Racecar
 
Posts: 202
Join Date: Jun 2011
Car: '08 135i
Default 05-04-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92
Would this be easier to accomplish on an Android platform?
With the open source nature of android I would think so


-'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp
-'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
-'97 318is - Daily
-'82 320i
Reply With Quote
(#45)
Old
PHANTOM666's Avatar
PHANTOM666 PHANTOM666 is offline
Reaper of Speed
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Oct 2009
Car: 135i
Default 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM

Awesome!!!


"Game Plan=Don't DIE!"-GriMM
"Plan B:Capture The Enemy Flag!"-PHANTOM666
Reply With Quote
(#46)
Old
e92oholic e92oholic is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2012
Car: 335i coupe
Default 06-22-2012, 09:56 AM

Any update guys?
Reply With Quote
(#47)
Old
bigdnno98's Avatar
bigdnno98 bigdnno98 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 425
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: e92 335i
Default 06-22-2012, 07:38 PM

I know I cannot wait for this!!!!


2011 335is DCT, FBO
Reply With Quote
(#48)
Old
Pete Schweaty Pete Schweaty is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 06-24-2012, 08:53 AM

This is awesome! Can't wait. Subscribed!
Reply With Quote
(#49)
Old
psmitty95's Avatar
psmitty95 psmitty95 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jun 2012
Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 06-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Yea this would be great, i hate having to run a virtual pc... If you need any beta testers i can also help out... Macbook pro and iphone 4
Reply With Quote
(#50)
Old
Pete Schweaty Pete Schweaty is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 06-24-2012, 03:47 PM

I can beta test if you need it.

iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
Macbook pro OSX Lion
iPad 2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com