N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-11-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJD
I did the gts and in 1st kept feeling like it was slipping then hit hard after that and then goes, changed the flash to the CS flash. it went away and shifts harder than normal and no problem. I guess try and see what works for you
I'm in Switzerland and I gotta admit it depends a lot on the temperature. For example when I wrote
and tested it, the asphalt temperature was around 40C or 104F which makes a huge difference to
only let's say 20C or 68F of course. I've tested it again (hard) when temparature was much lower,
the result was slipping in the first and 2nd - so I guess I also will give the CS flash a try to compare.

Rgds. Zwizz
(#202)
Old

Car: 2018 ZCP M3 6 Speed
Default 08-11-2019, 05:37 PM

Just flashed latest t2 maps, my car now rev matches in sport plus? Is there a way to turn that off? TIA
(#203)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDrift
Just flashed latest t2 maps, my car now rev matches in sport plus? Is there a way to turn that off? TIA
I don't believe our flash changes any of that behavior vs. the stock flash.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#204)
Old

Car: 2018 ZCP M3 6 Speed
Default 08-11-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't believe our flash changes any of that behavior vs. the stock flash.
I was on the t1 variants, flashed today, reflashed, car rev-matches in sport+ with or without traction control on.

I updated firmware on JB4, put in map 0, flashed, and the problem started. I flashed it with race map 3 times, same issue. I cant seem to find any menu in mhd to allow me to adjust that, I think BM3 does have that option, anyone care to chime in? Tried coding with BimmerCode but couldnt figure it out either, pls help.
(#205)
Old

Car: 2016 F83 M4
Default 08-28-2019, 07:41 AM

Just completed installing *** less ********* on my F83 M4 to finish off the main hardware upgrades and am looking for the next step. Current mods:

BMS intake
BMS chargepipe
JB4 Map 2
VRSF *** less *********
Active Autowerke *** less midpipe
Stock axle-back muffler

Wondering if the MHD BEF is the smart way to go or if I should move in favor to BM3 and Map0 for JB4 logging? I'm also curious as to how active the development is for the MHD BEF since the latest BIN files are from almost a year ago.

Edit: apparently certain words like c a t... and down p i p e s are blocked?
(#206)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 08-28-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclifton
Just completed installing *** less ********* on my F83 M4 to finish off the main hardware upgrades and am looking for the next step. Current mods:

BMS intake
BMS chargepipe
JB4 Map 2
VRSF *** less *********
Active Autowerke *** less midpipe
Stock axle-back muffler

Wondering if the MHD BEF is the smart way to go or if I should move in favor to BM3 and Map0 for JB4 logging? I'm also curious as to how active the development is for the MHD BEF since the latest BIN files are from almost a year ago.
Well there is only you can do with a FBO N55 with stock turbos and fuel. The flash maps are basically OTS and you are responsible for your own boost curves and tuning if you wanna go map 6.

Since you have MHD now you can def take the pepsi challenge and buy one of their map packs and test to see which is better for you. Or pay someone to custom tune your BEF for your car.

Bottom line BM3, MHD, JB4 all accomplish the same thing in different ways. Only so much you can do - stock fuel is the biggest limitation regardless of tune.

Performance: 2014 435i : F33 (convertible) : 8AT : BMS Intake : VSRF Charge Pipe - Down Pipe & FMIC : JB4 Stage 2 : FF Wires : EWG Wires : 40% E85 : XHP Stage 3: E85 BEF

Dragy: "Spammer" 12.72@111.70 | 0-60 4.71
(#207)
Old

Default 08-28-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer
Well there is only you can do with a FBO N55 with stock turbos and fuel. The flash maps are basically OTS and you are responsible for your own boost curves and tuning if you wanna go map 6.

Since you have MHD now you can def take the pepsi challenge and buy one of their map packs and test to see which is better for you. Or pay someone to custom tune your BEF for your car.

Bottom line BM3, MHD, JB4 all accomplish the same thing in different ways. Only so much you can do - stock fuel is the biggest limitation regardless of tune.
That's the thing.. I don't have an MHD license at the moment, just a JB4. It seems like the BM3 flash and JB4 Map0 for logging might make the most sense in the long run... I'm hesitant just due to the increased cost.
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2019, 12:30 PM

I prefer MHD to BM3 but if you already paid for BM3 (it costs 3x more) then that's fine use that to load our free back end flash maps. No big deal.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#209)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335xi Msport
Default 08-29-2019, 09:50 PM

So, any real word on mhd for s63tu?
(#210)
Old

Car: F80 m3 2018
Default 09-04-2019, 12:44 PM

Hi Terry,

I flashed the BEF E85 and E85_IGN (latest T2 release) with JB4 Map 2. Running about 80% E85, 20% 93 octane.

I’m getting intermittent check engine light with 118502 as the DTC on both BEF’s. After clearing the codes, it comes back randomly at while driving (even when idling). What should I do to make sure that light doesn’t come on? Is there another test release to fix?

I have 2018 F80 M3 ZCP. Stock everything except K&N filters.

Last edited by Rcrs2; 09-04-2019 at 06:59 PM..
(#211)
Old

Default 09-20-2019, 01:34 PM

How do I set "FutureUseD #6" to on? All I've managed to find in the JB4 Android software is FutureUse A and it's set to 0.

Found it... it's under options and number 6.

Last edited by jclifton; 09-20-2019 at 04:05 PM..
(#212)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2019, 02:54 PM

Yes it's called options now!

Burger Motorsports

(#213)
Old

Car: E90 335
Default 10-25-2019, 05:51 PM

What are the boost settings for each map on the JB4, when using any of the back end flashes?
(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2019, 11:27 AM

Added the current map guide to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Car: BMW f80 M3
Default 10-28-2019, 09:52 PM

9-C915-BD2-009-E-40-F3-8468-37-D11-D424-C9-F — imgbb.com

Newbie here, can someone help me understand which BEF map file to use for pump, E85 40%-60%, E85 60%-100%. I dont see this files/maps from the download.
JB4_S55_E85_13_T2.bin
JB4_S55_E85_IGN_13_T2.bin
JB4_S55_RACE_13.bin

Thanks in advance
(#216)
Old

Default 10-28-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hl45
[url="https://ibb.co/3RvTKX4"]9-C915-BD2-009-E-40-F3-8468-37-D11-D424-C9-F — imgbb.com[/ur

Newbie here, can someone help me understand which BEF map file to use for pump, E85 40%-60%, E85 60%-100%. I dont see this files/maps from the download.
JB4_S55_E85_13_T2.bin
JB4_S55_E85_IGN_13_T2.bin
JB4_S55_RACE_13.bin

Thanks in advance
https://ibb.co/3RvTKX4
(#217)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 11-06-2019, 02:42 AM

good day, any plans to run Max Cool mode watercooler pump we noticed less 20F on IAT.
that will help to enter 9 sec 1/4 mile on two M3/M4 and improve 60 to 130mph in hot weather.

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.64 @129mph N55 World Record ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano @speedmotoringsolutions ➡
(#218)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2019, 09:30 AM

Use the E85 BEF for all mixtures 40% and higher but be aware you will need to run less boost with higher mixutes to avoid maxing out the fuel pump.

Burger Motorsports

(#219)
Old

Default 11-06-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Use the E85 BEF for all mixtures 40% and higher but be aware you will need to run less boost with higher mixutes to avoid maxing out the fuel pump.
Terry, thank you for the reply. I take it that JB4_S55_E85_12.bin is the correct BEF map for 40% to 100% E85. Would map 1, 2, and 5 be low enough boost for 100% E85? Ive use map 7 before with JB4 without BEF and car ran good and pulled hard.
(#220)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2019, 04:54 PM

Yes map5 is usually fine, log it and we can check it for your specific car.

Burger Motorsports