N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default E85 in NorthEast winter advice - 11-20-2020, 08:40 AM

Hey all ,

I was wondering if some e85 users could help me make a decision on weather or not to run the BMS e85 BEF with e40 through this upcoming winter? My car is a FBO with inlets and a stage 2 fuel pump , and I have been running an e30 mix ever since putting in that stage 2 pump just to help some timing corrections in the summer but still using the pump BEF. Ive read a bunch on this forum and on e90 post that people do run their car in winter but all the people who do seem to live in warmer climates. Im in Boston and we just had a 27 degree day already and on e30 the car had a tough time starting. I herd that many people can fix that by adding fuel to the start up, does the BMS flash have that as well? And just overall is this a safe thing to do on a daily driver with stock turbos? Please shed some light as im pretty confused and conflicted on what to do. The tuner at BMS has told me the only thing with the winter and e85 is a rough start up at times, is that really the only downside? How is daily aspect with the e85? And with e85 in winter in general? E85 users please help !

Ryan