N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1676)
Old

Car: Bmw F10 520i
Default 10-12-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Does it happen on map 0?
yes it does but when I disconnect the jb4 everything is fine.
(#1677)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328I 2012
Default 10-16-2018, 03:32 AM

I have the POSI-TAP connectors JB4 N20

my friend have updated my JB4 to the OBD version of firmware. Now I cant use my JB4 properly.

I can't read logs neither on PC nor via Bluetooth.

Where can I get an older version ? for JB4 without OBDII
(#1678)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-16-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkiyko
I have the POSI-TAP connectors JB4 N20

my friend have updated my JB4 to the OBD version of firmware. Now I cant use my JB4 properly.

I can't read logs neither on PC nor via Bluetooth.

Where can I get an older version ? for JB4 without OBDII
You can't. You'll need to convert it to new OBD style. You can find it here:

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

It will be labeled as :
OBDII CABLE WITH JB4 SIDE CONNECTOR FOR RETROFIT

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1679)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-16-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harizbbjt
yes it does but when I disconnect the jb4 everything is fine.
Can you email me, it will be easier to help you on this.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1680)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328I 2012
Default 10-16-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You can't. You'll need to convert it to new OBD style. You can find it here:

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

It will be labeled as :
OBDII CABLE WITH JB4 SIDE CONNECTOR FOR RETROFIT

Thank you for the prompt reply.
However, I am Located in Russia. Delivery would take around a month.
Is there any other way of reconnection of existing wires for my JB4 to work?
(#1681)
Old

Car: 2013 Z4 20i
Default 10-27-2018, 07:48 PM

Hello BMS Team,

Just upgraded to N20_JB4_X1_Z4_2.hex on my Z4 E89 2.0T. And noticed that gauge sweep was disable. Checked for the other threads that it was move to steering menu 5/8 or 6/8. However, the max number on rpm is 7 on Z4. Any idea on how to enable the gauge sweep please?

Thanks!
(#1682)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2018, 07:02 PM

It has it's own wheel control guide, should be in the current install manual for the N20 towards the bottom.

Burger Motorsports

(#1683)
Old

Car: 2015 528i
Default 11-05-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhom920
Just happened again. Here is a video of what it does https://youtu.be/6V0_9phU2Ps It almost seems like it wants to go into menu system and is showing that its on menu 0, Map 1. Is there a way to disable this menu option if it doesn't work with the x3?

Any update from Terry? Same happened to me again this Monday
(#1684)
Old

Car: Bmw 320i F30
Default 11-09-2018, 01:40 AM

Just a thank you.

5 years with my 520i and JB4 +-65000km
pulled the chip out for each service.
map 5 always.

BMW service plan on the car has now run out. and so far in that time nothing has gone wrong.

Thanks Burger tuning for the great product
(#1685)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbz
Just a thank you.

5 years with my 520i and JB4 +-65000km
pulled the chip out for each service.
map 5 always.

BMW service plan on the car has now run out. and so far in that time nothing has gone wrong.

Thanks Burger tuning for the great product
This is awesome. Thank you for your continued support!

Burger Motorsports

(#1686)
Old

Default 12-29-2018, 03:10 AM

Hello Terry and Payam,

Is there anyway to modify the AFR for Z4 N20 firmware? I heard that MAP6 AFR setting doesn't work for E chasis N20.

Appreciated for your information. Thanks and wish you all a very happy new year!
(#1687)
Old

Default 01-02-2019, 07:53 PM

Thanks Terry. Yes, I found it in the bottom of the latest N20 install manual.

It works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It has it's own wheel control guide, should be in the current install manual for the N20 towards the bottom.
(#1688)
Old

Default 01-02-2019, 07:55 PM

It's in the latest install manual for the N20 towards the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley
Hi Terry, there is something like this for N20 X1 & Z4?

http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/jb4_wheel_1.jpg
(#1689)
Old

Default 01-03-2019, 07:30 AM

Hi Terry,

Is there anyway to overwrite the hard limit of +10psi of JB4?

Does bit3 work with the latest Z4/X1 firmware?

bit3 - Raise "boost over stock" cap from 10psi to 20psi.

My car is E89 Z4 20i with N20B20A PWG. It's saying Map1 20 psi,Map2 22 psi and Map5 is Not used from the latest Z4/X1 N20 Wheel Control Guide.

Shall I use Map1 in this case? Would it reach 20 psi or it would be around 18-19psi as you mentioned JB4 has a hard limit of +10psi on any map.

Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the 320i factory boost is around 8-9psi, and the JB4 has a hard limit of +10psi on any map, absolute, or additive. So you would use map 1 and its 20psi target to get up to 17-18psi. You can use map 7 to do the same thing on a 320i. It will never hit the 23psi map 7 target as you'll get to +10psi over stock long before you do. Just like why you never hit the old map 1 20psi target.

Last edited by notebookboy; 01-03-2019 at 07:46 AM..
(#1690)
Old

Car: 2013 328i Sport
Default 01-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Hey im new to this thread and was wondering if anyone could help me. I’ve recently installed the jb4 on my 2013 328i sport N20. To my knowledge everything is stock with the exception of the M suspension. So no aftermarket charge pipe or ******** etc. Is it recommended that i stay on map 1 and/or is it safe to move up to map 2? I use 93 octane gas. Ive read most pages on this thread and couldnt really find a diffinitive answer. If i do need to make upgrades which one is most important to safely run map 2(charege pipe vs ********)? If im in the wrong thread my apologies. Any help is very much appreciated!

Last edited by Mak_5; 01-06-2019 at 03:19 PM..
(#1691)
Old

Car: F31
Default 01-07-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak_5
Hey im new to this thread and was wondering if anyone could help me. Iíve recently installed the jb4 on my 2013 328i sport N20. To my knowledge everything is stock with the exception of the M suspension. So no aftermarket charge pipe or ******** etc. Is it recommended that i stay on map 1 and/or is it safe to move up to map 2? I use 93 octane gas. Ive read most pages on this thread and couldnt really find a diffinitive answer. If i do need to make upgrades which one is most important to safely run map 2(charege pipe vs ********)? If im in the wrong thread my apologies. Any help is very much appreciated!
Changing the aftermarket charger pipe to avoid the higher pressure causing the OE pipe from exploded / break is a must ; also highly recommend change the down pipe to decrease the exhaust temp and pressure to reduce the work load of engine as we are putting more boost to engine, the oil temp and exhaust temp are both higher than they were before installing the JB4.

Last edited by Brant Yu; 01-07-2019 at 01:18 AM..
(#1692)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-07-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak_5
Hey im new to this thread and was wondering if anyone could help me. Iíve recently installed the jb4 on my 2013 328i sport N20. To my knowledge everything is stock with the exception of the M suspension. So no aftermarket charge pipe or ******** etc. Is it recommended that i stay on map 1 and/or is it safe to move up to map 2? I use 93 octane gas. Ive read most pages on this thread and couldnt really find a diffinitive answer. If i do need to make upgrades which one is most important to safely run map 2(charege pipe vs ********)? If im in the wrong thread my apologies. Any help is very much appreciated!
Post a log in the support section so we can take a look.

Burger Motorsports

(#1693)
Old

Car: 2013 328i Sport
Default 01-07-2019, 01:13 PM

Ok. Will do. Thanks for the replies!
(#1694)
Old

Car: jetta GLI
Default 01-24-2019, 07:29 PM

aconteceu a mesma coisa comigo..
(#1695)
Old

Car: F22 228i 6MT
Default 03-24-2019, 01:50 PM

Hello everyone, installed the JB4 data cable recently and I've noticed that I'm not getting a reading on AVG IGN. Any ideas why? Also, please let me know if any of the other readings look out of place. Only mods are K&N air filter and high-flow muffler running on Shell 92 Oct. Thx!
Attached Files
File Type: csv jb4 log.csv (8.8 KB, 20 views)
(#1696)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 328I
Default 03-30-2019, 09:29 PM

Any suggestions on possible future mods (In the Signature) that will benefit the JB4 and my current setup? I was thinking a Meth kit to hopefully be at around 325whp reliably.

2012 F30 328i sport M/T
Blacked out w/ Red Leather

Mods: Dinan Big Turbo, Dinan Dual Intercooler, ER Chargepipe, Mishimoto CAI, Wagner Catted Down Pipe, GFB DV+, JB4 w/ Bluetooth connector, and some small exterior mods.

Power: (Dyno session this summer)
(#1697)
Old

Car: bmw x3 f25 lci
Default 05-20-2019, 01:53 PM

Hi all! I have a problem after JB4 software update.

Prehistory:
My car is 2015 X3 F25 LCI, JB4 purchased in 2017. With stock 2017 years software everything worked fine, but the dash control didn’t work, so I got a bluetooth adapter. In ios app everything worked fine, but incorrectly showed some parameters (e.g. the oil and water temperature). A month ago for the first time I updated the firmware on latest version - BC button still not working, but in ios app all paremeters displayed correctly, added startup sweep. It made me happy!

But there was a problem:
Already several times left blinker light up and would stay, speed went to 0, rpm went to 5000 (map 5 show probably), mobile app can not connect via BT adapter. The car goes bad with twitching. It's fixed only by JB4 reset (turn off ignition and lock doors)

Last edited by nio58; 05-20-2019 at 02:13 PM..