N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2401)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger1971
Thanks, Terry. I have the replacement plugs from you guys. You think that could still be it, or can you think of another weak spot in the electrical system worth checking?

Jeff
Only if one was damaged during install or if there was a coil issue. Another test might be to remove OBDII cable all together to see if you can recreate the symptoms on map1.

At any event just email and we'll help you that way, terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2402)
Old

Car: 16 SXL
Default 07-17-2019, 03:14 PM

Good evening. I just got the JB4 installed on my 2016 Optima SXL (2.0T), map 1 runs just fine, tried map 2 and it defaulted back to map 0 half way through a 3rd gear pull. Just changed the plugs to the M45XL HKS plugs, running 93 octane. It seemed to hesitate right before (or maybe during) the switch in maps. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully the day to log uploads.
(#2403)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 03:16 PM

Upload
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-17 16_31_24 (SXL)_Map-2NEW.csv (10.7 KB, 14 views)
(#2404)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyders03
Upload
You exceeded your 20psi boost safety. Raise that to 22psi and log map1 next.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2405)
Old

Default 07-17-2019, 03:57 PM

Here's a log from map 1, I'll adjust and take another log on map 1 in a little bit after the adjustment. Seems like it stayed in map 1 the whole time? Not sure if everything else looks ok.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-17 16_23_43 (SXL)_Map-1NEWS.csv (8.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by spyders03; 07-17-2019 at 05:42 PM..
(#2406)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2019, 05:42 PM

Log looks OK, next log do something more like a 1/4 mile style run with shifts.

Burger Motorsports

(#2407)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 07-17-2019, 06:39 PM

Any info on the self learning map for the stinger?
(#2408)
Old

Default 07-18-2019, 01:33 PM

Let me know if you need a longer log, didn't have a ton of room this morning. Thanks in advance, we all appreciate your expertise!

P.S. the JB4 in map 2 feels AMAZING!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-18 08_43_41 (SXL)_Map-2NEW.csv (6.9 KB, 15 views)
(#2409)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
Any info on the self learning map for the stinger?
We haven't released one yet, but plan to in the future.

Burger Motorsports

(#2410)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Let me know if you need a longer log, didn't have a ton of room this morning. Thanks in advance, we all appreciate your expertise!

P.S. the JB4 in map 2 feels AMAZING!
Timing movement is a bit odd but not sure if it's a logging thing or how it's actually running. Try to grab a couple more logs for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#2411)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 07-19-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
1) Sometimes map1 works on stock plug gap, sometimes it doesn't.
2) Doesn't really matter. No reason not to run the latest firmware, though.
3) There is a DIY video somewhere around, anyone can do it. Takes an hour or two the first time but maybe 30 min the second.
4) You can run map1 or map2 on 91 octane.
5) Not an issue
Hi Terry;

I'm new to this platform and had just received my jb4 w/ BT dongle for a 2019 Stinger GT using stock plugs / stock gap, 91 octane @ 2K ft elevation. Your replies above answered most of my questions. But I got 2 more:

1. Do I need to use/connect the OBD2 plug in order to get the maximum benefit of Map1 & 2? or is the OBD2 plug just for monitoring gauges on the phone?

and

2. If I just got the jb4 (brand new), do I need to worry about any firmware updates at this time? or am I good to go as is - just plug and play?

Thanks.

Chris
(#2412)
Old

Default 07-19-2019, 12:55 PM

Here's a 1/4 mile style log. Roads were slightly wet so there was some wheel spin down low
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-18 19_52_11 (SXL)_Map-2.csv (14.0 KB, 9 views)
(#2413)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthundercat
Hi Terry;

I'm new to this platform and had just received my jb4 w/ BT dongle for a 2019 Stinger GT using stock plugs / stock gap, 91 octane @ 2K ft elevation. Your replies above answered most of my questions. But I got 2 more:

1. Do I need to use/connect the OBD2 plug in order to get the maximum benefit of Map1 & 2? or is the OBD2 plug just for monitoring gauges on the phone?

and

2. If I just got the jb4 (brand new), do I need to worry about any firmware updates at this time? or am I good to go as is - just plug and play?

Thanks.

Chris
1) Yes tuning is much better with OBDII even on map1.
2) Firmware updates are always optional!

Burger Motorsports

(#2414)
Old

Car: stinger GT2
Default 07-19-2019, 06:08 PM

Map 5 on 93 with octane boost - Does everything look good? Thanks for your help. 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Attached Files
File Type: csv 190719_1744.csv (4.8 KB, 12 views)
(#2415)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmnews
Map 5 on 93 with octane boost - Does everything look good? Thanks for your help. 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Yes looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2416)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 07-19-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
1) Yes tuning is much better with OBDII even on map1.
2) Firmware updates are always optional!
Hi Terry;

Thank you for the reply. I guess I didn't ask the question right.

Will the jb4 still work in conjunction with the app if I don't attach it to the car using the OBDII cable?

Thanks.

Chris
(#2417)
Old

Default 07-19-2019, 08:07 PM

Here's a 1/4 mile style log. Roads were slightly wet so there was some wheel spin down low
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-18 19_52_11 (SXL)_Map-2.csv (14.0 KB, 12 views)
(#2418)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthundercat
Hi Terry;

Thank you for the reply. I guess I didn't ask the question right.

Will the jb4 still work in conjunction with the app if I don't attach it to the car using the OBDII cable?

Thanks.

Chris
No, without OBDII JB4 reads boost only. So tuning is clunkier (like a lap3) and you can only log boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#2419)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Seems OK to me here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2420)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 07-20-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Seems OK to me here.
Timings are high. Need to increase the boost!
(#2421)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2019, 11:40 AM

More boost is not always better. You want to find a good balance of boost and timing and reasonable power levels for the platform to keep things reliable long term. Even if the logs look good but the motor has a known weak spots (like many of these 4 bangers) best to stay a little conservative IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#2422)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 07-20-2019, 12:06 PM

(#2423)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 07-20-2019, 05:25 PM

Just wondering for some feedback on first pulls with JB4 installed if anything worth looking at or if need to do a longer log, also wondering if there's somewhere to get info on reading the data from the logs to better understand all of the data.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-20 19_21_58_Map-1.csv (11.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-20 19_23_15_Map-1.csv (6.8 KB, 10 views)
(#2424)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoumanchew
Just wondering for some feedback on first pulls with JB4 installed if anything worth looking at or if need to do a longer log, also wondering if there's somewhere to get info on reading the data from the logs to better understand all of the data.
Looks good to me! We don't have a Kia specific write up on log reading but here is a generic one: Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#2425)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default Terry @ bms - 07-21-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Looks good to me! We don't have a Kia specific write up on log reading but here is a generic one: Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Hey Terry i was trying out the map 6 let me know what you see and is my meth kit supposed to turn on in map 6 i thought only map 8 and no i didn't change any settings to allow it to turn on in other maps and i was just using 93 with this run
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-20 23_15_31_Map-6.csv (9.8 KB, 13 views)