N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1251)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 08:50 AM

Then new fuel control is working perfectly. Nice to see IAT not climbing as much as you might expect at higher speed too.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1252)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default Intake - 12-19-2018, 11:11 AM

Any update on Intake release/price?
(#1253)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 11:43 AM

Yes we have 100 in stock. Page should be live today and I'll make a post when it is.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1254)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 12-19-2018, 12:08 PM

Hi Terry

Can you please check the attached log using your new v7 firmware. The car cut power in 4th gear around 5200rpm it was like hitting a rev limiter this happened twice but I was only doing around 160km. Thought I better get you to check if everything is ok before making more logs

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-20 05_30_23 Map-5.csv (9.7 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by D-C; 12-19-2018 at 12:24 PM..
(#1255)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-C
Hi Terry

Can you please check the attached log using your new v7 firmware. The car cut power in 4th gear around 5200rpm it was like hitting a rev limiter this happened twice but I was only doing around 160km. Thought I better get you to check if everything is ok before making more logs

Thanks
Yes I see it here. The power cut is from fuel pressure dropping.

Why did you disable fuel control? No fuel wires? What E85 mix? Fuel wires are needed for these power levels.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1256)
Old

Default 12-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

Why did you disable fuel control? No fuel wires? What E85 mix? Fuel wires are needed for these power levels.
With v7 I thought the fuel setting did not to be entered in. How would someone disable fuel control or enable?
(#1257)
Old

Default 12-19-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Did I disable the fuel control ?

I thought I had to change future use D to 1.

I'm running easily more than 30% E85

In my previous log you said fuel wires are working so I must have changed to the wrong setting ?
(#1258)
Old

Default 12-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:

I think I know what I have done.

I turned on bit0: which gave me a value of 1.

Where as I should of turned on bit1: to enable fuel control which would give me a value of 2.

Is that correct Terry ? It was a little confusing at 5am this morning lol

I assume the JB4 cut power because the fuel pressure drop to protect the car ? so no damage would have been done ?
(#1259)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 01:47 PM

All FUD options should be off by default. Including bit1. Turning on bit1 disabled fuel control per the notes.

Burger Motorsports

(#1260)
Old

Car: gt2
Default 12-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Terry V7 b-2 is a winner...so smooth....I also backed down to map2 cause map3 is really not useful with cold pavement and map2 does such an awesome job! CONGRATS!
Wash
(#1261)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by washguy
Terry V7 b-2 is a winner...so smooth....I also backed down to map2 cause map3 is really not useful with cold pavement and map2 does such an awesome job! CONGRATS!
Wash

Burger Motorsports

(#1262)
Old

Default 12-19-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
All FUD options should be off by default. Including bit1. Turning on bit1 disabled fuel control per the notes.
That explains a lot lol

A good lesson don't try upgrading your maps at 4:30am on light sleep
(#1263)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 12-20-2018, 08:56 AM

Oh wow I haven't checked back in here in a bit and I see there's been like 4 updates to the jb4 I'm still on 5_T5.hex cant wait to see if the new firmware makes a difference definitely taking a trip to Mexico tonight to get a full pull 0-130
(#1264)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 12-20-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GT2
Oh wow I haven't checked back in here in a bit and I see there's been like 4 updates to the jb4 I'm still on 5_T5.hex cant wait to see if the new firmware makes a difference definitely taking a trip to Mexico tonight to get a full pull 0-130
v7 is actually a really big upgrade. I love the new fuel delivery.
(#1265)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-20-2018, 09:00 AM

What mods does everyone have on there car?
(#1266)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungtran505
What mods does everyone have on there car?
I have k&n panel filters jun ********* and evc catback and stock plugs gapped to .024.
(#1267)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 09:54 AM

Log from a crazy Korean customer hitting his ~168mph speed limiter on WMI, 60 additive.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1268)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Log from a crazy Korean customer hitting is 160mph speed limiter on WMI, 60 additive.
Good God! Look at that smooth-ass AFR!
(#1269)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 10:06 AM

I could not be happier with how the v7 fuel control panned out. You guys can partially thank JohnB@Tork for that, all his continuous bull**** posts in JB4 threads pushed us to reinvent a better wheel on that algorithm to beat his ET.

Burger Motorsports

(#1270)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 10:08 AM

Oddly enough I haven't seen him comment on the 1/4 mile defeat since you posted that
(#1271)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
Oddly enough I haven't seen him comment on the 1/4 mile defeat since you posted that
I'm sure he's busy installing his 50shot of NOS now to ensure he takes back the "record"

Burger Motorsports

(#1272)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 11:42 AM

Better late than never... Finally released our BMS Stinger Intakes! In stock and ready to ship. Intro price $329.

BMS Kia Stinger Performance Intake - BurgerTuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#1273)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 11:44 AM

Materials?
(#1274)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broobrou
Materials?
Powder coated aluminum. Considered rotomolding but the problem with this application is the rotomolded tubes themselves are really thick so the only way to do that without adding restriction is to go all the way to the turbo, making the install more complicated. The factory turbo inlets themselves flow really well so this design for us was the most viable design.

Burger Motorsports

(#1275)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 12:02 PM

To be used with the stock airbox bottoms? Very interesting; makes putting it back to stock pretty easy I'd imagine.