N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default N55 "TwinPower" Stage1 Tuning - 05-10-2010, 01:59 PM

Click here for ordering information!

Collection of info on the BMS N55 Stage1 Tuning.

Some early VBOX results here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7976

More recent VBOX results with new firmware and AR 4" ********: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...883#post179883

Track testing: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12500

Recent dyno charts with latest ISTA 2.40.1 BMW update and AR 4" ******** attached.

Latest settings are attached. Enter as shown.

Map guide (currently map switching works via laptop only):
Map 0 - Stock / Stage1 off
Map 1 - Performance tuning
Any other map: Same as map 1

In the event you need to update your Stage1 firmware you'll use this interface along with the BMS USB cable:

Stage1 Interface: N55 Stage1 interface download.

How to setup the interface and upload firmware. Click here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Looks good. Wish i could buy a N55 car.
(#3)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6mt
Default 05-10-2010, 02:05 PM

so is it safe to assume that the reason BMW made the N55 was to discourage tuning?
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i JB
Default 05-10-2010, 02:05 PM

Lookin good! Time for race gas pulls!
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usefulidiot
so is it safe to assume that the reason BMW made the N55 was to discourage tuning?
I'm sure it was to cut costs. I'm learning more about the platform by the day but there isn't a lot of benefit in publicly sharing much info if you catch my drift. At this point I will say if you're deciding between an N54 and an N55 go the N54 route.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default 05-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Could the lag have anything to do with DCT electronics limiting things? Just curious.
(#7)
Old
Holla

Car: 2009 335i 6MT
Default 05-10-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR
Looks good. Wish i could buy a N55 car.
Why?

BTW nice job Terry. Hopefully you can sort out all the bugs soon.
(#8)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-10-2010, 09:12 PM

I know nothing about the N55 but is the Turbo located on top of the engine (like easy access)?? Because in that case the N55 might pan out to be better to work on for BIG gains than the N54.........
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2010, 09:40 PM

Doesn't look any easier to reach than an N54 but haven't torn it down yet to really check.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Thick and chunky

Car: 2009 335i Coupe
Default 05-11-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
At this point I will say if you're deciding between an N54 and an N55 go the N54 route.
Further affirmation that I bought the right car at the right time.
(#11)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM

The best things about these cars here in the US, is that it has the option of having a DCT 7-speed. The 335is has the best of both worlds (N54 & 7-Speed DCT).
(#12)
Old

Default 05-11-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm sure it was to cut costs. I'm learning more about the platform by the day but there isn't a lot of benefit in publicly sharing much info if you catch my drift. At this point I will say if you're deciding between an N54 and an N55 go the N54 route.
I cancelled an N55 build order and bought an N54 car on Terry's advice.
(#13)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default 05-11-2010, 04:42 PM

yikes
(#14)
Old
Assistant pedal masher

Car: 335xi
Default 05-11-2010, 09:26 PM

Any info on the turbo? 1) Who makes it (MHI again?) 2) how many mm compressor inlet? That at least says something about top-end power.

I'm sure it will work out ok. People always freak when a new platform comes out. I've got faith in you Terry. Beat beat brand "P" to the big numbers on N55 first!

2011 335xi Sedan 6AT, Premium, CW, Nav, Space Gray, Oyster and black. N55 JB4.
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Not worried about brand "P" at all. We've got some new hardware in the works that has their number. Get ready to say good bye to $1000 tunes.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM

N54 or N55? or both?

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
N54 or N55? or both?
Everyone will be happy but existing JB3 owners the happiest.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 05-11-2010, 10:39 PM

CANbus?

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
CANbus?
Much more than that but really too early to share any details. All I can say at this point is existing JB3 owners will be very happy.

But to get on topic for the N55 we're going to offer 3 stages. We're developing/tuning the first stage now. When that is done and we have something safe and powerful for our N55 customers we'll get to work on Stage 2. And those Stage 1 customers will be able to pay the difference to upgrade when Stage 2 is ready. And so forth to Stage 3.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old
Senior Lurker

Car: E90 335i Black/Black
Default 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM

All the anticipation and popcorn is making me sick! Can't wait to see what's in store!
(#21)
Old

Car: N55 135i
Default 05-12-2010, 12:58 PM

Our 2011 135 should be here in a little over a month keep up the good work terry

WWW.EXQUISITEMOTORSPORTS.COM
AIM: EMS TUNING

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
AFE,BURGER TUNING,MIRO,,TITEK,S&B FILTERS,B&G SUSPENSIONS
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMS
Our 2011 135 should be here in a little over a month keep up the good work terry
Nice! Future beta tester?

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM

is that a question terry... 6mt though

How does the bov situation look?

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Not good.

MAF measuring airflow. Say we trick it with the tune to allow a BOV to work there is also no easy vacuum line pickup.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM

Oh no way! My first turbo car and no bov !!!!

AUTHORIZED DEALER OF