N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Jetta GLi Gen3
Default JB4 app on my car Android head unit - 06-15-2019, 08:46 AM

Hello community, yesterday I installed the JB4 on my Jetta GLI and I have a fairly new stereo with Android, I love it and there are endless things that can be done, I downloaded the JB4 app, it opens it perfectly but the stereo never finds the signal of bluetooth ... with my Pixel 2 yes I can connect without drama but also a friend with an iphone does not find a bluetooth signal, what can it be?

(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-17-2019, 04:23 PM

From what I understand it is an Android Auto thing. Android Auto prohibits apps from showing vehicle information. I purchased an Eonon unit with the same hopes to no avail. If you ask me there HAS to be a work around of some sort. Everyone seems pretty tight lip about it.

2008 e92 335i 6MT - On3 Performance Single Kit w/Precision 6266 Gen 2 | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF Chargepipe w/HKS BOV | JB4 w/Bluetooth & 2 step and MHD BEF | BMS Meth Kit 2x CM10's | Fuel It Buckless Stage 2 Pump | ADV Sensors | Trebila Tuned
(#3)
Old

Car: Seat Cupra ST 300 4DRIVE DSG
Default 06-17-2019, 10:58 PM

Probably your BT in headunit do not support protocol which is needed to connect to JB4 device. Do you have internet and GPS on headunit? As I know you need both if you want to connect to JB4 ...
(#4)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dejan_
Probably your BT in headunit do not support protocol which is needed to connect to JB4 device. Do you have internet and GPS on headunit? As I know you need both if you want to connect to JB4 ...
Yes I give Internet with the hotspot and its haves GPS of course, do you know witch protocols needs to have the BT module?
(#5)
Old

Car: Seat Cupra ST 300 4DRIVE DSG
Default 06-18-2019, 11:36 AM

For this you need to wait for official answer...
I know that my old phone have bluetooth 4.1 and BLE support and work normaly...
(#6)
Old

Car: 335xi, X3
Default 06-19-2019, 09:11 PM

My Eonon came with Torque installed.... But I haven't tried running it - the manual I think said to use an OBD-USB cable for that.

Have you tried/considered connecting via USB? - I just installed a JB4, with a USB cable routed into the glovebox.... I have to work out some issues (can't get into the menu from the steering wheel) but tomorrow I was planning on plugging in the laptop.

I may just run for a USB female/female adapter and try it with the Eonon usb in the glovebox..

I'm wondering about this now because Torque 'shows vehicle information' that 1FastT2 says isn't allowed by Android auto.... Hhmmmm
(#7)
Old

Default 06-19-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo2Pete
My Eonon came with Torque installed.... But I haven't tried running it - the manual I think said to use an OBD-USB cable for that.

Have you tried/considered connecting via USB? - I just installed a JB4, with a USB cable routed into the glovebox.... I have to work out some issues (can't get into the menu from the steering wheel) but tomorrow I was planning on plugging in the laptop.

I may just run for a USB female/female adapter and try it with the Eonon usb in the glovebox..

I'm wondering about this now because Torque 'shows vehicle information' that 1FastT2 says isn't allowed by Android auto.... Hhmmmm
Yes I think to do that, I dont have the BMS data cable so I cant try it... The torque app I think works with a obdeleven BT module.
(#8)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 06-27-2019, 03:03 AM

Cant wait to find out if my 10.25 inch display will be JB4 compatible through bluetooth.
i would be terribly dissapointed if not

here are the specs
e92
*Snapdragon 625 (MSM8953)n- 8 core, A53, CPU 2.0GHZ, 14nmLPPn- GPU: Adreno 506, Support 4K HD H.264 (AVC)30FPSn- CPU: build-in Hexagon 546 DSPn- Use X9 LTE modem, support all kinds of networks (4G): LTE Category 7 /13 - Support double frequency: 2.4G and 5G WIFI.n- SD Card: SD3.0, max 128GBn- Video format: MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, FLV n- Audio format: MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, APE, WAV
(#9)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgu40
Cant wait to find out if my 10.25 inch display will be JB4 compatible through bluetooth.
i would be terribly dissapointed if not

here are the specs
e92
*Snapdragon 625 (MSM8953)n- 8 core, A53, CPU 2.0GHZ, 14nmLPPn- GPU: Adreno 506, Support 4K HD H.264 (AVC)30FPSn- CPU: build-in Hexagon 546 DSPn- Use X9 LTE modem, support all kinds of networks (4G): LTE Category 7 /13 - Support double frequency: 2.4G and 5G WIFI.n- SD Card: SD3.0, max 128GBn- Video format: MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, FLV n- Audio format: MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, APE, WAV
It seems that this type of Chinese screens do not work with BLE devices (Bluetooth Low Energy), I still did not find the way to connect the HU to the JB4, a possible idea is to connect the data cable directly to a USB of the unit to see if it works directly.

VW Jetta GLi 2014 - IS38 - JB4
(#10)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 06-27-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1kote
It seems that this type of Chinese screens do not work with BLE devices (Bluetooth Low Energy), I still did not find the way to connect the HU to the JB4, a possible idea is to connect the data cable directly to a USB of the unit to see if it works directly.
and i have discarded my data cable, nice
(#11)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i
Default 06-28-2019, 01:05 AM

I’m also running a Eonon android head unit connected directly with USB but I’m getting this message:
No devices found during scan. Ensure you’ve enabled location services for JB4 Mobile from the settings app on this device. Android requires this service for scanning.
(#12)
Old

Default 06-28-2019, 03:56 AM

last resort is mirror link phone to screen once connected to JB4.
(#13)
Old

Car: bmw E90 N54
Default 07-01-2019, 08:20 AM

Hi guys,

New to this forum. I have the new 10.25 inch android head unit installed on my car and also would like to know if there is a way to connect the jb4 to the android head unit as the bluetooth on my jb4 will not connect to the head unit.
I have two usb cables running out of the unit so i could attached a usb cable from the jb4 to the android head unit. Has anyone done this yet?

Terry, would you know if i can run a usb cable from the jb4 unit to the android headunit and keep my bluetooth adapter on the jb4 as well?? Any help would be much appreciated.
(#14)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 07-03-2019, 04:00 AM

I have the 8.8" CCC Android replacement screen installed and can confirm the JB4 app works well with the USB cable installed. I updated the interface firmware yesterday without any probs, gauges work well and also map switching. I haven't tried changing any car settings yet but I'm assuming that'll work. Logging is pretty easy, certainly a lot easier than trying to hit the start/stop button on a laptop sliding about on the passenger seat.

07 E93 335i M Sport, JB4, more to follow
(#15)
Old

Default 07-03-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbyfor
I have the 8.8" CCC Android replacement screen installed and can confirm the JB4 app works well with the USB cable installed. I updated the interface firmware yesterday without any probs, gauges work well and also map switching. I haven't tried changing any car settings yet but I'm assuming that'll work. Logging is pretty easy, certainly a lot easier than trying to hit the start/stop button on a laptop sliding about on the passenger seat.
Good to know, i would like to retain Bluetooth functions will see if i can tap a usb wire directly into the bluetooth adapter if really stuck and nothing work
(#16)
Old

Car: bmw E90 N54
Default 07-03-2019, 09:19 AM

Yes I also want to retain my Bluetooth function on the jb4 unit so wondering if there is a way to have both USB cable running into the android head unit and have the Bluetooth capability as well.

I just got a email back from the support team from BMS and he said it was not advised to have both, just go one or the other.
(#17)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 08-06-2019, 01:54 PM

I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I can confirm it worked for me...

How to mirror screen to infotainment center. Android only, sorry iphone people. | Kia Stinger Forum

I have a Google Pixel 3a XL and following his instructions I was able to mirror my phone to the head unit in my 2019 Kia Stinger.

Only "downfall"(???) is that it mirrors your phone so whatever is showing on the phone shows on the screen...so that means Netflix, etc.

Basically your phone needs to be on and showing the jb4 app to see the jb4 app on the car's screen.

Cool thing is that cars the touchscreen works too, basically remote desktop for your phone.

2019 GT2 AWD
Panthera Metal
JB4 - BMS Intakes - Denso Plugs
(#18)
Old

Default 08-08-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbyfor
Nice, that is great! Now knowing that it works I will buy the cable and make the attempt, I do not find much sense to use the screen mirror, for that I continue using the phone with the BT and that's it. In any case it is to get a USB extender directly to the cell phone to configure the map more comfortably

VW Jetta GLi 2014 - IS38 - JB4
(#19)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-13-2019, 01:20 PM

Please refer to our troubleshooting page:
https://jb4connectkit.com/troubleshooting/

"Make sure the device ACTUALLY supports Bluetooth 4.0 or higher. If it says it only supports calls and audio, odds are the unit is using a sub-par BT radio and simply will not work. Your only option is to use the BMS Data Cable and an appropriate OTG adapter in this case."

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com