N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i N54
Default Leaking injectors help - 05-22-2019, 11:13 AM

Hi

My car has been garaged for the last 6 months due to it having leaking injectors and being unable to afford new ones, I've moved house 300 miles away and I changed the oil 3k ago due to the worry of it destroying my bearings so my question is sorry if it's stupid but

Do the injectors leak when the car is not in use? As I need to drive it to the new house
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-24-2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretosx
Hi

My car has been garaged for the last 6 months due to it having leaking injectors and being unable to afford new ones, I've moved house 300 miles away and I changed the oil 3k ago due to the worry of it destroying my bearings so my question is sorry if it's stupid but

Do the injectors leak when the car is not in use? As I need to drive it to the new house
Leaky injectors will leak when just sitting

You can start the car up- idle will likely be rough / smell of gas & if leaking bad enough misfire.

Depends on how badly they’re leaking tbh- how far of a ride is it to the new house?

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-24-2019, 10:43 AM

They don't leak while driving since the fuel is being burned up, so I would do an oil change and then drive to the new house directly.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-24-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse
They don't leak while driving since the fuel is being burned up, so I would do an oil change and then drive to the new house directly.
Did an oil change thanks

Is there any sure way of checking what injector is leaking?"as half have been replaced
(#5)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-24-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Did an oil change thanks

Is there any sure way of checking what injector is leaking?"as half have been replaced
You could pull the spark plugs relatively quickly and easily. If they smell strongly of gasoline, then the injector is likely leaking.
Also, if they are black and sooty, I believe that's another indicator of possibly leaking injectors.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-28-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Did an oil change thanks

pull your plugs after the car sits overnight- the ones wet with gas, likely are the cyl w. the leaking injectors

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 05-29-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Did an oil change thanks

Hi Cretosx,

Just a reminder, as you mention you replaced half of you injectors already;
Ensure each bank uses the revision number. Also be sure to code your vehicle appropriately. (likely doing this, but just in case...)

** EDIT **

Also, I'm following as I know I have leaky injector(s).
Several plugs smell wet.
About 1 in 10 starts take a bit of turning over and then it smells like unburnt fuel out the tail pipe.
I also get 29E1 Fuel mixture control 2 code weekly. (not certain if related yet)

I've been hoping the recently rocket high prices of these Injectors will drop. I'll buy either way this year, but would be sad if they drop in half a month after I buy.

Can I ask what symptoms you had that led you to believe you had leaking Injectors?

--

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual BM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
TMAP: 3.5 barr
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & TStat

Last edited by codesx; 05-29-2019 at 09:59 AM..
(#8)
Old

Default 06-09-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesx
Hi Cretosx,

Just a reminder, as you mention you replaced half of you injectors already;
Ensure each bank uses the revision number. Also be sure to code your vehicle appropriately. (likely doing this, but just in case...)

** EDIT **

Also, I'm following as I know I have leaky injector(s).
Several plugs smell wet.
About 1 in 10 starts take a bit of turning over and then it smells like unburnt fuel out the tail pipe.
I also get 29E1 Fuel mixture control 2 code weekly. (not certain if related yet)

I've been hoping the recently rocket high prices of these Injectors will drop. I'll buy either way this year, but would be sad if they drop in half a month after I buy.

Can I ask what symptoms you had that led you to believe you had leaking Injectors?

Hi sorry been on holiday, car got vandalised whilst I was away... But replaced injectors now still have a worry it's happening but I thought it was them because

Whenever I cold start it misfires a tiny bit but only for a few seconds this is still happening after 4 new injectors other two are a year old so I'm not sure anymore that this is the cause all 6 injectors smell like fuel when pulled over night.