N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 535i
Default Are you interested in alternative Catted High Flow ********* for the 535i? - 04-26-2019, 09:12 PM

I've had a chance to talk with a well known automotive parts manufacturer who currently does not make either catted or ******* down ***** for an E60 535i. In fact, they make almost nothing for it.

Since the E60 has become quite affordable, there are a lot of 535i's out there and of many of us are interested in upgrading our cars.

I believe that the only option right now is AR Designs, who I think went out of business (acquired? I don't see a website) leaving quite a bit of inventory in the market. However, the cost of them is rather expensive, at least for me. I have not found any catted options that are, in my opinion, reasonably priced.

So, if you are an E60 535i owner, would you be interested in a lower priced set of well built, quality catted ***?

I ask because I'm going to circle back with the manufacturer, who I will not disclose at this point, to try and convince them that down ***** and possibly full exhausts for the 535i could be a money maker.

Please respond to this thread if you are interested.

Thanks.

Last edited by vernors; 04-26-2019 at 09:20 PM..
(#2)
Old

Default 04-26-2019, 09:23 PM

Weird why is this site blocking the term for the part?
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 04-27-2019, 08:59 AM

How can this be interesting if there is no manufacturer listed ,so not knowing what kind of work they do kinda defeats the purpose.
(#4)
Old

Default 04-27-2019, 10:00 AM

It's a known manufacturer who provides quality parts. They need to be convinced that there are potential buyers and I do not have the approval to say who they are.

The purpose of this thread is to find out how many 535i owners would be interested in an alternative set of catted **'s at a more reasonable price than the current ones available.

Assume the **'s will have quality catalytic converters, 3" diameter, clean welds, and fit properly.

Thanks for the question, I should have been clearer.

Last edited by vernors; 04-27-2019 at 10:13 AM..
(#5)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 04-28-2019, 10:58 AM

I’d say fab up two beta sets, it will give the people a sense of build quality, and pricing. Everyone is interested in a high performance catted *****, the only reason people change out the oem ones is because of restrictions. Build it and they will come!
(#6)
Old

Car: E60 535i Sport 6mt
Default 04-29-2019, 06:54 AM

There is interest, but before I would buy a set I would need to see results.

2009 535i 6mt, PURE Stage 2, PSP 900IC, Fuel-It PI, PR N55 location ignition coils, VTT inlets, VRSF things, Injen Intake, RPi exhaust, Walbro 525, EOS BPM4.