N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 07:08 PM

BCM install guide for those helping test it:

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 01-23-2019, 08:00 PM

I need this in my life.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2019, 08:09 PM

We just got a box of BCM connectors so we'll have more test units ready soon.

I'm also working on new BCM logic for both the RS3/TTRS and the B9 S4, which use the same BCM and general tuning algorithms. Exciting Audi stuff happening around here in between our usual BMW activities.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 01-23-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We just got a box of BCM connectors so we'll have more test units ready soon.

I'm also working on new BCM logic for both the RS3/TTRS and the B9 S4, which use the same BCM and general tuning algorithms. Exciting Audi stuff happening around here in between our usual BMW activities.
👏👏👏

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#80)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-24-2019, 09:56 AM

Terry is becoming a VW Audi Fan :P

Burger Motorsports

(#81)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-24-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
A lot of us are. AWD makes a big difference

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I like the size and performance of the TTRS a lot. But in a way they are so fast they are cheating, like the F90 M5, or your 911. Jumping in an N54 and running well makes you feel like you're really working for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 01-24-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I like the size and performance of the TTRS a lot. But in a way they are so fast they are cheating, like the F90 M5, or your 911. Jumping in an N54 and running well makes you feel like you're really working for it.
I cannot wait to feel this way. After years with my N54 and really no major issues FBO except for the occasional timing drop. The RS3 is gonna be a totally different beast.

335i LMB E92 6MT MSport Logic7
(#84)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder
I cannot wait to feel this way. After years with my N54 and really no major issues FBO except for the occasional timing drop. The RS3 is gonna be a totally different beast.
Oh the modern AWD platforms are night and day faster due to traction and refinement. But you do lose some of the rawness behind the wheel.

Burger Motorsports

(#85)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-24-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Oh the modern AWD platforms are night and day faster due to traction and refinement. But you do lose some of the rawness behind the wheel.
Definitely. That's why I don't want to get rid of my e90. Shifting gears and the raw power is too much fun. It may not be the fastest car I own, funner than the rest though.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Default 01-25-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Definitely. That's why I don't want to get rid of my e90. Shifting gears and the raw power is too much fun. It may not be the fastest car I own, funner than the rest though.
I'm debating on keeping the 335i along side the rs3, shes been nothing but a pleasure.

(#87)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-25-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder
I'm debating on keeping the 335i along side the rs3, shes been nothing but a pleasure.
All that sweat and blood, for what maybe 10k LOL
I'd keep it!

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Default 01-25-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
All that sweat and blood, for what maybe 10k LOL
I'd keep it!
Exactly lol would be hard to replace had I ever wanted to get an n54 again. 2010 LeMans blue manual is sexy

(#89)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 12:48 PM

Filled it up with 91 octane today for some low grade fuel mapping development. Hate this stuff compared to the E85 mix or even 93 octane!

Managed 11.3x letting off early on a full tank. Will test again when the fuel level is lower and private track is less crowded.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-26-2019, 12:58 PM

Remember how long it took the N54 to get into the 10's?

Looking good for JB4 only!

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#91)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 02:26 PM

It's a brave new world with AWD... Our F90 M5 runs 10.31 in the 1/4 basically JB4 only lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#92)
Old

Default 01-26-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Filled it up with 91 octane today for some low grade fuel mapping development. Hate this stuff compared to the E85 mix or even 93 octane!

Managed 11.3x letting off early on a full tank. Will test again when the fuel level is lower and private track is less crowded.
Will it have reading on all cylinders ign timing?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#93)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 06:13 PM

It has knock logging active on all cylinders. And then raw timing on 1.

Burger Motorsports

(#94)
Old

Default 01-26-2019, 06:28 PM

While logging thru VCDS, Cyl 2 & 4 seem to be more active (-1.5 to -3*) then Cyl 1. Anyway to be able to log all Cyl like the BMW?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 07:13 PM

Post your JB4 log here I'll show you how to read it.

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Default 01-26-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Post your JB4 log here I'll show you how to read it.
Here u go
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-26 17_30_11 Map-0.csv (8.3 KB, 34 views)

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#97)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 09:38 PM

That's a lot of boost! New turbo + WMI?

On timing for cyl1 we show the actual timing. Then for cyl2 to cyl5 we show only the timing that is being removed due to knock corrections. So you had one 3 degree correction in cyl4 at the start, and another in cyl5 later in the run. When you have the correction you'll see it taper back out if it's not a recurring issue. If it keeps tapering up though that is generally a sign things are too aggressive.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#98)
Old

Default 01-26-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
That's a lot of boost! New turbo + WMI?

On timing for cyl1 we show the actual timing. Then for cyl2 to cyl5 we show only the timing that is being removed due to knock corrections. So you had one 3 degree correction in cyl4 at the start, and another in cyl5 later in the run. When you have the correction you'll see it taper back out if it's not a recurring issue. If it keeps tapering up though that is generally a sign things are too aggressive.
Yup TTE700 with Meth , car not dialed in yet. Doing 10.4 1/4mile on the street now, should be lower once is done.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#99)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2019, 10:28 PM

Hah crazy! I love these cars. What do you guys do once you get to ~31psi and are off the MAP sensor range?

Burger Motorsports

(#100)
Old

Default 01-26-2019, 10:38 PM

Donít have a firm direction yet, would love to be able to push pass that mark! I got a 4Bar map sensor on hand, maybe once yr TTRS boost pass that level you could include a higher reading for it?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6