N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2019, 03:40 PM

Is that the usual situation you're able to recreate it in?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#277)
Old

Car: 2018 RS3
Default 03-30-2019, 04:19 PM

Yes. Each time I’ve had it that’s the time.
(#278)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 04-04-2019, 03:59 PM

Hi Geroge, any chance to let JB4 read above 29.4psi boost? Do you know which map sensor allow above that range?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#279)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2019, 04:21 PM

We're looking in to higher than 3bar options but so far haven't spent enough time on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#280)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 04-04-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We're looking in to higher than 3bar options but so far haven't spent enough time on it.
Will definitely be a good ideal to have it for those running hybrid beyond that level, JB4 will be much more convenient compared to logging thru Vcds.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#281)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2019, 09:13 PM

Yes it's on the to-do list for sure!

Burger Motorsports

(#282)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2019, 09:42 AM

JB4_AUDI_TTRS_5:

1) Adjusted map5 to target up to 7.5psi over stock, for those running E30 or unleaded race gas who want to push things a bit. Results in around 22psi in most situations.
2) Adjusted shift boost reduction logic to further reduce boost spikes during shifts. Default setting is shift reduction = 50. A higher value will reduce boost more during shifts and a lower value less.
3) Minor adjustments to boost ramp in to improve operation under boost limiting/loss of traction situations.
4) Added support for low fuel pressure hardwire connection to monitor and rescale, allowing some fuel trim reduction in heavy E85 mixtures. Requires harness addition so is just under testing for specific cars for now.

Burger Motorsports

(#283)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 04-11-2019, 09:45 AM

Does this help with the 'zero boost' condition at all?

Daily Driver: 2018 RS3, Black Optics, Dynamic+, Driver Assist, STM resonator delete, STM intercooler, CTS Turbo Intake, EMD Springs/Swaybars, Girodisc Rotors, Carbotech pads, 034 goodies everywhere.
Tow-Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Overland, 4x4 + Hemi

Past:
2000 3.8L Mustang - All bolt ons, 8.8 rear conversion
2007 Honda Accord - I had a moment of “sensible-ness”
2011 BMW 335D - Custom intake, JBD
2014 Audi S4 - Intake, Chipwerke, Couple of VCDS mods
(#284)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2019, 09:47 AM

I'm testing out a low fuel pressure bias to see if we can use that to further improve fuel trims on E85 mixtures. So far it's helping, but not a lot. Maybe giving is 10% more fuel trim range on a 25% offset.

Couple logs from last nights testing which I'm running more E85 than normal to push the boundaries a bit. It's around E50, maybe a bit more.

The new additive map5 vs. an absolute map6 targeting 22psi. Both maps ran around 10.99@126mph. Hope to get some good logs this weekend at No Fly Zone, although the car is limited to 155mph from the factory. =/
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#285)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk
Does this help with the 'zero boost' condition at all?
I don't expect so, but you never know. I'm not able to recreate that on our TTRS at least not easily so still hunting around.

Burger Motorsports

(#286)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 04-11-2019, 10:20 PM

I can't recreate it easily either. When it does happen I am usually at light throttle. When I roll onto it, there is randomly no boost. I can feel when the car doesn't want to go. I would let up, stab the pedal and still nothing...
I'm not sure but it seems like certain pedal transitions will trigger this?

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#287)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-12-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
I can't recreate it easily either. When it does happen I am usually at light throttle. When I roll onto it, there is randomly no boost. I can feel when the car doesn't want to go. I would let up, stab the pedal and still nothing...
I'm not sure but it seems like certain pedal transitions will trigger this?
Think you can try to log it when it happens if you can try and trigger it?

Burger Motorsports

(#288)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 04-12-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Think you can try to log it when it happens if you can try and trigger it?
FWIW - I've been able to log it in map 1-8 and sent it to George. If you'd like to take a look yourself, send me your email address and I'll forward over the logs.

The lower maps seem to have less impact - I can reproduce on map 4 or 5 almost instantly. I've been running map 0 for about a week and a half and have only had it reproduce once - It also corrected itself without requiring the ignition to be cut after one or two pulls.

Daily Driver: 2018 RS3, Black Optics, Dynamic+, Driver Assist, STM resonator delete, STM intercooler, CTS Turbo Intake, EMD Springs/Swaybars, Girodisc Rotors, Carbotech pads, 034 goodies everywhere.
Tow-Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Overland, 4x4 + Hemi

Past:
2000 3.8L Mustang - All bolt ons, 8.8 rear conversion
2007 Honda Accord - I had a moment of “sensible-ness”
2011 BMW 335D - Custom intake, JBD
2014 Audi S4 - Intake, Chipwerke, Couple of VCDS mods
(#289)
Old

Car: 2018 RS3
Default 04-13-2019, 06:01 PM

Has anyone tried Sunoco 260 GTX in their RS3?
(#290)
Old

Car: Octavia RS
Default 04-28-2019, 06:22 AM

Will it work with rsq3?
(#291)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-28-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofrenetic
Will it work with rsq3?
Unfortunately not. Sensors are slightly different on it.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#292)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 04-28-2019, 08:05 AM

Have you had a chance to check it out on a 2019 yet?
(#293)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctjallen
Has anyone tried Sunoco 260 GTX in their RS3?
Works great, as does MS109!

Burger Motorsports

(#294)
Old

Default 04-29-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnmacs
Have you had a chance to check it out on a 2019 yet?
No reported issues. I am not sure if we have done a Eurospec one yet but based on other models we cover that have the new emissions equipment no product adaption was needed.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#295)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default 05-10-2019, 01:09 AM

Is the RS3 JB4 compatible with the 2016 8V RS3?
(#296)
Old

Car: rs3
Default 05-10-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB performance
No only Facelift 2017 onwards
(#297)
Old

Default 05-10-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB performance
It uses different sensors so unfortunately its not compatible.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#298)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 05-10-2019, 10:10 AM

Is development continuing on supporting more than e30? Can we get some E50 going? Are the port injectors going to get controlled eventually?

335i LMB E92 6MT MSport Logic7
(#299)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2019, 10:45 AM

We're testing out a low fuel pressure intercept that allows a little wider range on the fuel control, no issues with E40 using that technique so far.

Burger Motorsports

(#300)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We're testing out a low fuel pressure intercept that allows a little wider range on the fuel control, no issues with E40 using that technique so far.
Ahh nice work, I wasn't sure if that was working to our benefit.

Burger Motorsports