N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default Moving on but THANKS to everyone at Burger Tuning! - 07-14-2018, 07:29 PM

Moving on from our 08 335xi today. Our 3rd party warranty is up and I felt like it was just a matter of time before something broke that would be more expensive to fix than I wanted to pay for.
We loved our xi. It was a rocket ship when running on e85 and was a complete joy to drive. My wife and I will miss her dearly but its time to move into something larger and more practical for our future in the rural areas of Texas.
Thanks to everyone on this forum and especially at Burger Tuning for all the aftermarket parts, help and information over the years!
Of the car forums I've used in the previous 15+ years (nasioc,clubwrx, cobbtuning, ect), n54tech is by far the most best I've dealt with. Thank you!

ef
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-16-2018, 07:57 AM

We are in the market with a lot of other platforms. I'm sure you'll end up with something that already provide tuning services for

Thanks again for all your kind words and support!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-16-2018, 01:41 PM

Just curious what platform you are moving on to? My 09 135i is getting high in miles and also a maintenance concern once in awhile. I haven't done any research lately about other platforms... but any fun cars out there in the high power/weight ratio? I am looking for 600hp/tq and 3200lb curb or less. But still somewhat economical? Hard to beat the N54 world we have been living in...
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-16-2018, 03:47 PM

The N54 has spoiled us lol.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 07-16-2018, 04:03 PM

You have no excuse! I have an X5 as a trip car, Jb4 potential is there! I don't personally have one installed on the car... but it is practical and has third row seating available..

M3 F80 2017 Competition & Carbon Brakes
JB4 ||| H&R Sport Springs

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

(#6)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 08-01-2018, 11:49 AM

lol!
We moved to a brand new 2018 eb3.5 F-150xlt. I never realized that Terry was working on a jb4 for the ecoboost's until I was browsing the forums main page and noticed the Ecoboost section. Never needed to look anywhere else but the N54 section before this. I guess I'm not going anywhere after all. Just need to talk the wife into a new jb4 for the truck. She'll be so excited!!! jk
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-01-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnne99
lol!
We moved to a brand new 2018 eb3.5 F-150xlt. I never realized that Terry was working on a jb4 for the ecoboost's until I was browsing the forums main page and noticed the Ecoboost section. Never needed to look anywhere else but the N54 section before this. I guess I'm not going anywhere after all. Just need to talk the wife into a new jb4 for the truck. She'll be so excited!!! jk
It's a night and day difference for the trucks. We have 2 of them as development cars, just fell in love.

Burger Motorsports