N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: 2010 N54 BMW 135i
Default 11-22-2018, 02:31 PM

Your trims are okay, if you were seriously short on fuel you'd see them stay at 50 all the time, like I do... Never managed to launch my PMI yet, though another test drive tonight, too many leaks caused by two left hands...

Not a professional advise, but I suggest you increase fuel bias to 60 across the range and see whether or not trims get closer to 25.

Also, look at your timing, it's really good, if you were short on fuel you'd see drops and stuff.

I don't see trims2 in your logs, I think it was introduced in later firmware of JB4, so you probably need to upgrade yours to latest version for best results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious
I got it to work and it even shows numbers in the Fuelen colum of the log
And the IAT drops at wot cause of the single 7cm nozzle
But trims are still high even at 20 psi

Why arent the injectors spraying

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgk6mslhf6...37_04.csv?dl=0

Log
(#177)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-23-2018, 01:45 AM

Quote:
What flash you running

Thanks
Custom bef. Custom is the only way you are gonna reap all the benefits meth has to offer.

2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC V2 - JB4 - Duane Pugh BEF - Bms PI Meth
(#178)
Old

Car: 335i N54 2008
Default 11-23-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuppidsay
Custom bef. Custom is the only way you are gonna reap all the benefits meth has to offer.
I agree
Trebila is doing a super good job on tuning our Cars

2008 335i N54 FFtech Top Mount single turbo Precision 5862
JB4 G5 , VRSF 7" FMIC , VRSF CP + HKS BOV, Tial Wastegates
BMS METH KIT IN CONJUNCTION WITH MMP PI WITH 1055CC INJECTORS, PURE M1 METH,TMAP 3.5,
FUEL-IT STAGE2 BUCKETLESS LPFP, RB PCV. CUSTOM TUNE, xHP Stage2 v1.5
more to come...
(#179)
Old

Default 11-23-2018, 04:43 AM

My first log after everything worked
Fuelen column
Meth column
Work now

Trims dropping
And will continue to drop after few WOTs due to air in PI rail

Any one notice anything unordinary before i majorly crank up the boost?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-22 15_18_18.csv (12.1 KB, 91 views)

BMS METH KIT IN CONJUNCTION WITH MMP PI WITH 1055CC INJECTORS, PURE M1 METH,TMAP 3.5,
more to come...
(#180)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-23-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
My first log after everything worked
Fuelen column
Meth column
Work now

Trims dropping
And will continue to drop after few WOTs due to air in PI rail

Any one notice anything unordinary before i majorly crank up the boost?

Thanks
Log looks strong and healthy to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#181)
Old

Car: M235i '15
Default 11-27-2018, 01:38 PM

Any info om N55 EWG AMD DPMI? Things to consider before i stall, tips, etc? I orders THE kit VROM fulltime Cor mt M235 EWG

2015 F22 M235i N55 EWG | M Performance | 18" VMR710 | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | XDI-35 HPFP | Fuel-It LPFP Stage 2 | Bootmod3 Cary Jordan Custom Tune | XHP Stage 1 Tune | GFB DV+ T9356 | N20 TMAP | NGK SILZKBR8D8S 0,5mm | Wagner DownP | Wagner EVO2 Performance Intercooler | VRSF Chargepipe | M Performance Exhaust | OS Giken Superlock
(#182)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 11-27-2018, 10:22 PM

Has anyone integrated an inline flow sensor or pressure sensor with their PI Meth setup? I have my fuel it PI Meth kit & JB4 controller all hooked up with -6AN lines, but I can’t seem to find any integrated solution for pressure or flow sensor for safety??
(#183)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2018, 10:43 PM

Aquamist has or at least had a stand alone flow sensor that outputs a 0-5v signal the JB4 can read.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#184)
Old

Car: 2010 N54 BMW 135i
Default 11-28-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Aquamist has or at least had a stand alone flow sensor that outputs a 0-5v signal the JB4 can read.
Any instructions on how to hook it up? Plug the sensor into meth rail, where to connect the contacts? How would we be able to read values via JB4 and what is considered a normal PI rail operating pressure?
(#185)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Are you referring to this?

http://howertonengineering.com/produ...bine-assembly/

Says it requires this cable to work with the HFS controller?

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-5...-sensor-cable/

How would we set this up with the JB4?

Last edited by gunda; 11-28-2018 at 09:10 PM..
(#186)
Old

Default PMI worked fine - latest LOG - 12-04-2018, 12:12 AM

hi guys,

just to give good feedback for others to benefit

this is my latest log, after removed the 7cm nozzle and kept meth flowing only to the PI rail.. it turns out that since my injectors (1055) MMP kit.. couldn't keep up due to lack of meth flow/pressure.. i stopped using the nozzle and the PMI gained more volume and pressure especially at higher boost levels and worked great.. i used to get Fuelen. reach 100.. now it sits comfortably at 50~ around 25 - 26 psi

can anyone suggest what i should change in settings or anything else based on the log attached?

tuned by trebila

thanks
joe

Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-01 16_08_27.csv (11.2 KB, 85 views)

more to come...

Last edited by ferocious; 12-04-2018 at 02:13 AM..
(#187)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-04-2018, 12:05 PM

Looks very strong and healthy I must say. I wouldn't change a thing
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#188)
Old

Default 12-04-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
Are you referring to this?

http://howertonengineering.com/produ...bine-assembly/

Says it requires this cable to work with the HFS controller?

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-5...-sensor-cable/

How would we set this up with the JB4?
Bumping my previous question about the aquamist sensor integration.
(#189)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-05-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Bumping my previous question about the aquamist sensor integration.
You're trying to integrate a flow sensor into the JB4? Is that your question?

Burger Motorsports

(#190)
Old

Default 12-05-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You're trying to integrate a flow sensor into the JB4? Is that your question?
Yup that's correct, I want an in-line flow or pressure sensor to integrate with the JB4 for added safety.
(#191)
Old

Default 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM

bump!
(#192)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Yup that's correct, I want an in-line flow or pressure sensor to integrate with the JB4 for added safety.
Wire the sensor in to the rail and feed the 0-5v signal in to the JB4. And then log it so we can see what the signal looks like and work out the best JB4 settings for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#193)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Added the default JB4 settings to the first post!

Burger Motorsports

(#194)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 01-19-2019, 11:27 AM

Is this the correct chip?
Attached Images

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Pump BEF, DCI, 6" AMS FMIC, d_p's, inlets, Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, Tomioka 16t turbos
(#195)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 02-05-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
To me, PMI is just not worth it. If you have E85 run port injection. If not use chargepipe injection with a good CP like ours, dual nozzles 180 degrees apart. It's just a much easier way to do it IMHO.
Terry, I live in the Gulf and the best pump fuel we have is equivalent to maybe 92/93 in the US. I run 100% meth with two 14cm to do 19PSI (semi-clean log, additive set to 45) on my GCs! I can do 15PSI at the most with pump alone.

Would love to have meth port injection running in order to run more boost as we do not have E85 around here.

Can you suggest a meth flow meter for an NTP or 4AN?

I'm ready to test it with you!

2008 335i E92 AT (M Sport Package) | JB4 G5 ISO + MHD BMS Pump | Back-end Flash | xHP Stage 3 TCU | AFE Intake Scoops | AR *** | Wagner EVO 2 Competition Intercooler | BMS Phoenix Chargepipe | Devils Own Meth Kit with FSB (Dual 14CM + CM14 Meth Nozzles) | BMS Catch Can | VTT GC TURBO | RB PCV Valve | VTT Inlets | VTT Aluminum Turbo Outlet (ceramic coated) | Tial BOV | Walbro stage 2 LPFP | CP Forged Pistons 84mm | VAC HP Rod & Main Bearings | CP Connecting RODs with CARR bolts

Last edited by alghawas; 02-05-2019 at 08:40 AM..
(#196)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 02-05-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alghawas
Terry, I live in the Gulf and the best pump fuel we have is equivalent to maybe 92/93 in the US. I run 100% meth with two 14cm to do 19PSI (semi-clean log, additive set to 45) on my GCs! I can do 15PSI at the most with pump alone.

Would love to have meth port injection running in order to run more boost as we do not have E85 around here.

If you want E85 its available in most of the chemical suppliers they sell in drums but they can fill it for you in 20 L containers.

Not sure where you located but in UAE I'm getting the high grade math and E85 from dubichem fujairah and actually they deliver to my doorstep in dubai for additional 30 AED delivery.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#197)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-05-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:

The turbine based sensors just don't work. Hit up Fuel-IT for a pressure sensor, the JB4 can read that and use it as a safety.

Burger Motorsports

(#198)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 02-06-2019, 03:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
If you want E85 its available in most of the chemical suppliers they sell in drums but they can fill it for you in 20 L containers.

Not sure where you located but in UAE I'm getting the high grade math and E85 from dubichem fujairah and actually they deliver to my doorstep in dubai for additional 30 AED delivery.
I live in Bahrain and I do have access to 5 gal (20l) container for AED360 ($100) which I believe is too expensive. Suppliers also don't do fuel delivery at the moment.

In the US its available in a lot of gas stations and they deliver by a standard pump, much convenient and also cheaper which is why everyone is using E85.

I am leaning towards meth port injection which works out cheaper and provides sufficient octane levels distributed efficiently across all cylinders.

2008 335i E92 AT (M Sport Package) | JB4 G5 ISO + MHD BMS Pump | Back-end Flash | xHP Stage 3 TCU | AFE Intake Scoops | AR *** | Wagner EVO 2 Competition Intercooler | BMS Phoenix Chargepipe | Devils Own Meth Kit with FSB (Dual 14CM + CM14 Meth Nozzles) | BMS Catch Can | VTT GC TURBO | RB PCV Valve | VTT Inlets | VTT Aluminum Turbo Outlet (ceramic coated) | Tial BOV | Walbro stage 2 LPFP | CP Forged Pistons 84mm | VAC HP Rod & Main Bearings | CP Connecting RODs with CARR bolts
(#199)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 02-19-2019, 06:33 AM

Im i the only one who dont get any meth flow on map 3 and 5. Meth remain at 0 in logs.

Works good on map 1, 2, 7.

Any ways around it

also, 2step and and antilag are not working. anything to do with Meth PI. Could be because of the sub Zero weather in the land of the Snow-Mexicans ?

_32T10
anti lag chip
2 step relay
bms controller wired as suggested
(#200)
Old

Car: 335i, e92
Default 02-24-2019, 04:08 AM

Quote:
The turbine based sensors just don't work.Hit up Fuel-IT for a pressure sensor, the JB4 can read that and use it as a safety.
Hi Terry,

I was searching on the fuelit website and have not seen any pressure sensor. Could you elaborate what type of sensor I need for jb4 to read meth pressure and apply the proper safety?
I think PI meth would be vastly improved if we retain both safeties at the same time: injector safety and meth (pump) pressure safety.