N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default VTT Product Release GC Turbochargers - 02-13-2016, 10:56 AM

Hello everyone, by now most of you have seen the waves our new N54 GC turbocharger offering is making on the platform, so its time to spill the beans on all the details, such as pricing, availability, fitment, logs, ordering giveaway, etc.

We will start with pricing. the pricing schedule will be as outlined below.

What is included with the default kit is turbos, inlets, charge pipe. If you already have inlets, you get a discount, if you already have one of our charge ***** (no one does yet, but a ton on order) you can get another discount.

Intro Price:

Intro Price: $3799 Turbos only without inlets, and CP
Intro Price: $3899 Turbos with CP only (you already have either our 2" inlets or another 2" inlet brand, stock frame 1.75-1.80" inlets will NOT work)
Intro Price: $3999 Turbos with Inlets, and CP both

MSRP once intro price is over:

MSRP: $4299 turbos only without inlets, and CP
MSRP: $4399 Turbos with CP only
MSRP: $4499 Turbos with inlets, and CP

We will be doing the intro price for the first 20 sets sold, after that prices go up to MSRP.

Availability:

They are available on our website right now for Pre-order at the intro price. Sign up for the website, and use discount code VTTGCINTRO our initial order is 50 sets of these from our manufacture, we expect them arrive to us in about 30-60 days. As soon as they come in, the pre-orders ship the next day, after that we will keep stock on hand meaning, any order ships the same of next day ordered, if done so by 3pm PST, if not the next day.

VTT buy back program:

If you have a current set of VTT hybrid turbochargers this is the buy back offer when purchasing a set of new GC turbochargers.

Stage 1: $500 credit towards your purchase, to be refunded once turbos are sent back
Stage 2: $1000 credit towards your purchase, to be refunded once turbos are sent back
Stage 2+: $1500 credit towards your purchase, to be refunded once turbos are sent back

We do not offer any buy back for other manufactures N54 turbochargers, if you have a set try to sell them, if you have a current unfilled order speak with them about your options.

Customer Appreciation Giveaway:

The way we will be doing our giveaway is a little different, and gives the people who really want a set of these, the ultimate odds to get a free set. Here is how it will work.

For the first 20 intro sets, every person who orders is eligible for the giveaway, for each 10 sets ordered we will give one set away, meaning by the time we get to 20 sets sold, you have a 1 in 10 chance of winning! This is a much better contest in our opinion, instead of 1 in 2-300 odds of winning, its 1 in 10, and it keeps people who are just entering the contest to possibly win, and sell the turbos from doing so. This contest if for people who truly want a set of these, and want very high odds of winning. We will make another thread for the contest, but it will be simple, our website tracks date of order, as soon as we hit the first 20, we pull a random number between 1-20 twice, and that number gets a full refund of their purchase price! Simple, and effective. (Yes this giveaway will actually happen)

Fitment:

Currently we are offering GC kits for N54 335LHD, 135,535,Z4. RHD fitment is coming, we are having the rear housing cast, but it takes a couple months. For the 135/535/Z4 guys, the 335 kit fits your vehicles just fine with one small change of a rear water line, which you can either buy from us, or BMW, we provide the part number. You simply purchase the 335 kit with the CP included, and retrofits the rear turbo to the 335 orientation. We have seen this done, on quite a few cars in the past with zero issues. For RHD vehicles due to the steering shaft, you will need to RHD housing, and charge pipe orientation. Do not fear it is coming! You will finally have a 750WHP RHD option!

Some details as taken from our website.:

WHP Level supported (with proper fuel, upgrades, and tuning) Stock-750WHP

We are proud to introduce the latest in our line of N54 turbocharger products the VTT "GC"turbochargers. This is a new N54 turbocharger from the ground up, using 100% new parts throughout. Some of the ground breaking features are fully new turbocharger from the compressor housing, to the bearing housing, to the turbine housing, we had them engineered to fit in the stock N54 location, but the full flow of a much larger turbo. You will not find any huge TD04HL wheels stuffed into the tiny stock turbine housing.

Every part on these turbos were designed around our specific goals for power, flow, and reliability. What we ended up with is a turbocharger that can utilize the stock location while providing enough flow for 750WHP.+ To do this we increase the area inside not only the manifolds, but also the turbine, and compressor housings, we also slightly increase AR ratio on the turbine housing to free up even more flow, while not giving up anything in spool. To put it bluntly, there is no other 750WHP capable turbocharger option on the market single or twins that can match the spool, ease of fitment, power or reliability of our "GC" turbochargers!

A few more details:

Upgraded thrust: Every set of stage GC turbos comes with a performance upgraded thrust to extend the life of the turbochargers.

Billet Compressor wheels: Billet compressor wheels are used to maximize flow per shaft revolution

Turbine housing is cast from 22+NB Stainless steel

Dyno Graph, and Logs:

I am sure most of you have seen the dyno graph, but if not here it is. We made 736WHP/675WTQ on 30 psi, and 9-9.4 degrees of timing. We kept TQ down on purpose to try to not break anymore motors, if we went for big boost down low, 750WTQ is easily on tap. Please note the MHD is reading high on boost due to the 4 bar scaling, our AEM log is true boost in the manifold.

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 02-13-2016 at 11:10 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-13-2016, 01:09 PM

Awesome Tony but how soon are you going to have 91/93 pump numbers?
(#3)
Old

Car: 2010 335i and 2006 M3
Default 02-13-2016, 03:52 PM

Very sweet. I am in the market right now too.
(#4)
Old

Car: 535 2008
Default 02-13-2016, 04:06 PM

I need some upgraded turbos soon

2015 535 - JB4 - VRSF pipe- Burger Intake - Straight piped - MHD Backend Flash
(#5)
Old

Default 02-13-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcf22
Awesome Tony but how soon are you going to have 91/93 pump numbers?
talked to Dzenno today. We will knock out 93 numbers soon

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#6)
Old

Car: beemer
Default 02-13-2016, 08:36 PM

congrats..

price is a little steep but good luck with sales!
(#7)
Old

Default 02-14-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaps
congrats..

price is a little steep but good luck with sales!
Why do u say that? Right in line with hexon rr700 and pure stage 2.
(#8)
Old

Car: 08 E92
Default 02-14-2016, 05:50 AM

Tried to add to cart and use intro discount and it's not valid. Surely they have not sold 20 already??
(#9)
Old

Default 02-14-2016, 07:43 AM

I think price is reasonable considering they don't use stock cores

Any photos of the turbine side
(#10)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 02-14-2016, 10:02 AM

I like how someone of you would just drop thousands of dollars without very limited info and no timeline on actual delivery...

Fool and his money are soon parted, I suppose. You guys might want to check the restocking fee policy of this particular vendor.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#11)
Old

Car: 08 E92
Default 02-14-2016, 11:08 AM

I'm well aware of the bad press surrounding VTT. Simply like the idea and wanted to see what the total price would be with all options and shipping...
then the announced discount would not apply in the cart.
(#12)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default 02-14-2016, 12:20 PM

I'll wait untill someone copies these and sells them cheaper, because fahk Tony.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Pump BEF, DCI, 6" AMS FMIC, d_p's, inlets, Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, Tomioka 16t turbos
(#13)
Old

Default 02-14-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
I like how someone of you would just drop thousands of dollars without very limited info and no timeline on actual delivery...

Fool and his money are soon parted, I suppose. You guys might want to check the restocking fee policy of this particular vendor.
why do you always have to come in on a VTT post and always bash...it's getting annoying we get it you don't like Tony move on
(#14)
Old

Default 02-14-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
why do you always have to come in on a VTT post and always bash...it's getting annoying we get it you don't like Tony move on
He is just doing a favor for the younger forum members.
(#15)
Old

Default 02-14-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Because tony does it to every other vendors threads, so i am only here to sht in his.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Pump BEF, DCI, 6" AMS FMIC, d_p's, inlets, Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, Tomioka 16t turbos
(#16)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 02-14-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Not trying to bash, just ask the newer folks to check on some facts on who they are paying before dropping their hard earn cash. Come on, I doubt anyone who just bought a used N54 have just thousands of dollar to throw away carelessly.

To be honest it is a very nice product, just too bad it is from a vendor with a very questionable history on this platform.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#17)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 02-14-2016, 05:52 PM

As much as I like these, Tony continues to reinforce that he is a poor communicator. Just go look at the VTT Silicone hotside charge pipe thread on this site. Great product (I preordered) then silence on the thread with last 3-4 posts asking Tony for a status update.

I will get them when I get them I guess. I was willing to risk him sitting on a few hundred for an unknown amount of time but not $4k. At the end of the day, VTT is good at product innovation but piss poor at customer service and communication which is why I will never own VTT turbos.

2007 n54 e90 sedan (1/07 date), JB4 G5 ISO - Map 3, BMS DCI, BMS Trunk Tank Meth Kit - two nozzle - CM7/CM10, BMS OCC, MHD Trebilia Flash, e60 (5 gallons of 93 and 11 gallons E85), Stage 2 from Fuel-It, VRSF 7" FMIC, N54tuning.com V1 **, ER Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV, NGK Iridium (one-step colder) plugs, N20 TMAP Sensor, RB turbo inlets, VTT outlets
(#18)
Old

Default 02-14-2016, 05:57 PM

If you can't get the discount code to work, it clearly states you must register for the site, if you do not, it will not work. The code is for a $500 discount, you can easily determine final price without even checking out.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#19)
Old

Default 02-14-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlp3719
As much as I like these, Tony continues to reinforce that he is a poor communicator. Just go look at the VTT Silicone hotside charge pipe thread on this site. Great product (I preordered) then silence on the thread with last 3-4 posts asking Tony for a status update.

I will get them when I get them I guess. I was willing to risk him sitting on a few hundred for an unknown amount of time but not $4k. At the end of the day, VTT is good at product innovation but piss poor at customer service and communication which is why I will never own VTT turbos.
Please email us your order number. We will send you full refund tomorrow. The thread clearly stated 2-3 weeks before they would ship. It has not been 3 week, what exactly would we be updating, simply posting again the time frame we originally posted. Also if you had a question all you had to do was email us, yet you are in here complaining that we are not updating a thread, instead of just directly reaching out, and asking your question. As I stated please email sales@vargasturbo.com your order number, we will go ahead and cancel your order, and get you a full refund!

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#20)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 02-14-2016, 11:30 PM

Can the RHD guys pre-order or will we get an option later on to get the discounted price?
(#21)
Old

Default 02-15-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icechilli
Can the RHD guys pre-order or will we get an option later on to get the discounted price?

Looks like option is there
(#22)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-16-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Because tony does it to every other vendors threads, so i am only here to sht in his.
So true.

Tony is banned on E90 now. Only 2 more forums left.

For what it is worth Hexon has these same style cast manifolds & turbos coming out soon and will handle the same HP. Basically identical. I actually thought they would release them 1st. So if you want a set like this just wait a bit for the Hexon announcement. If anything just wait to see the price & feature differences.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?

Last edited by Torgus; 02-16-2016 at 09:10 AM..
(#23)
Old

Default 02-16-2016, 09:12 AM

I thought he was back on e90? Either way, glad to see there will be another option. Anybody that spends ant time on the forums with half a brain, would never buy anything from vtt.

(#24)
Old

Car: 335
Default 02-16-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I thought he was back on e90? Either way, glad to see there will be another option. Anybody that spends ant time on the forums with half a brain, would never buy anything from vtt.
And anyone who appreciates engineering, product testing, data, and results will buy from him.
(#25)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 02-16-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
His user name is no longer vendor colored and it says he is banned:

Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
REP
Drives: N54

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?