N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 12-18-2010, 03:49 PM

I gotta get in this soon! Everything looks to be coming along nicely.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG

Last edited by 5soko; 12-18-2010 at 03:55 PM..
(#277)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 12-18-2010, 04:38 PM

Yo Lumi my favorite Albanian dude whussup kiiiiiiid ;]

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss **'s, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL **'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#278)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 12-18-2010, 05:49 PM

"I recommend the Procede over the JB3/4 because of its control over engine knock / timing while the JB3 relies on the Factory DME"

is this true and does it change something?
(#279)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desty
"I recommend the Procede over the JB3/4 because of its control over engine knock / timing while the JB3 relies on the Factory DME"

is this true and does it change something?
Both tunes ride the knock sensor system heavily.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#280)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 12-18-2010, 06:07 PM

SO this guy is just misinformed.
(#281)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 12-18-2010, 09:17 PM

Terry, on the function 5-7, does it mean it will turn the radio off automatically by itself once we go into the command mode?

-eric
2007 TiAg E90
(#282)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-19-2010, 12:35 PM

How do you get on the list to get one of the next batch that you send out or is it random?
(#283)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
Terry, on the function 5-7, does it mean it will turn the radio off automatically by itself once we go into the command mode?
Yes. We added it as an option because if you have iDrive the auto turn off command keeps the radio off until you park and let the car sit a few minutes.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#284)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 12-20-2010, 11:21 AM

The fuel gauge hijack (i.e. boost on fuel) doesn't work on map 0, right?
(#285)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2010, 11:30 AM

Right map 0 disables those as well as the entire CAN system.

Burger Motorsports

(#286)
Old

Car: e90 lci n55
Default 12-20-2010, 11:30 AM

We fail at logging

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer
I gaurentee for $100 bucks I can install that bitch wrong. Any takers?
(#287)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2010, 11:38 AM

LOL @ trying to log the JB4 with JB3 interface.

Burger Motorsports

(#288)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 12-20-2010, 11:42 AM

I noticed the JB4 starts logging the second it's connected to the laptop. Did I miss a setting to disable this? I want to start the logging when I start the function... beats searching for a large ass CSV file for the WOT event.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#289)
Old

Default 12-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
I noticed the JB4 starts logging the second it's connected to the laptop. Did I miss a setting to disable this? I want to start the logging when I start the function... beats searching for a large ass CSV file for the WOT event.
You could always just hit f2 real quick to stop it.. Then click f1 to start... At least that's wit the jb3 interface... I haven't downloaded the jb4 interface yet

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
(#290)
Old

Car: 09 335i LCI
Default 12-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Been that way for a while.

Terry, how much trouble would it be to make it not auto-log upon connecting? Also how about adding a hot-key connect in the interface? (like f12)
(#291)
Old

Default 12-20-2010, 11:49 AM

Any who, My friends car just sounds plain sick now. I mean ridiculous. You can really hear the turbos now along with his DCI. THe exhaust, OMG. Crystal (Meth) just purrs and has a really hard time sticking to the pavement.

ERnie
2011 AW/e90/n55 -gone
2016 AY F82
Quote:
(#292)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2010, 11:50 AM

If you press F1 it will connect and start logging. But making a few changes now there so let's hear any ideas.

One change is after uploading firmware it will say "upload complete" and not just jump in to logging as it does now. I've had a few customers email "I just uploaded the firmware, what does charting 5000/5000 mean?".... It means the firmware uploaded, it started logging, and 8 minutes later it stopped logging as the buffer filled up.

Burger Motorsports

(#293)
Old
Can I haz boost?

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM

i want jb4...

Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
(#294)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 12-20-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you press F1 it will connect and start logging. But making a few changes now there so let's hear any ideas.

One change is after uploading firmware it will say "upload complete" and not just jump in to logging as it does now. I've had a few customers email "I just uploaded the firmware, what does charting 5000/5000 mean?".... It means the firmware uploaded, it started logging, and 8 minutes later it stopped logging as the buffer filled up.
I'd prefer that logging not start until I press F1. Today, I have the extra step of pressing F2 after File->Connect or Firmware upload, because I'm almost always heading into user settings while sitting in my driveway.

On CAN features: the other day I wanted to watch boost on fuel while running the stock map. Can't do that today...
(#295)
Old

Default 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:

I would like to see:

F1 Start Log
F2 Stop Log
F3 Connect (or f11)
F4 Disconnect (or f12)

Its hard for me to locate other F keys when its dark, so leaving logging at the easiest (f1/f2) seems logical. I do like the scale input, but how about making a zoomable feature on the log window with a cursor to display current value where cursor is.
(#296)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2010, 12:45 PM

One interface area we probably need to work on is the charting. Options for multiple graphs, a cursor, etc. It's just hard to get up the energy to sit around for 40hrs programming something like that when there is so much more interesting stuff to work on.

Burger Motorsports

(#297)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 12-20-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
One interface area we probably need to work on is the charting. Options for multiple graphs, a cursor, etc. It's just hard to get up the energy to sit around for 40hrs programming something like that when there is so much more interesting stuff to work on.
Not everything is a box of chocolates! Get on it!

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#298)
Old

Default 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM

Terry,
I think you should make a driver mod for CBR335, so he can finally beat me without nitrous.
(#299)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2010, 01:06 PM

lol!

Burger Motorsports

(#300)
Old

Default 12-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Loving the JB4!

Is there anyway that we could have the radio turn back on automatically once your out of the CAN interface?