N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2526)
Old

Default 06-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Hi Terry I'm about to place my order for a jb4 finally from your UK reseller juiced tuning.

I would just like to confirm with you before I place my order than the 14 day money back offer still exists through the uk based company itself?

Also, any idea if they will have units with the latest software installed?

Would order direct from you however I live in Scotland and its been great weather here and I can't see it lasting long so next day shipping would be ideal.
(#2527)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-03-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 335i
Hi Terry I'm about to place my order for a jb4 finally from your UK reseller juiced tuning.

I would just like to confirm with you before I place my order than the 14 day money back offer still exists through the uk based company itself?

Would order direct from you however I live in Scotland and its been great weather here and I can't see it lasting long so next day shipping would be ideal.
Hi Mad, I also live in Scotland and got my JB4 last week from Juiced Tuning, believe me you won’t want a refund.
I would recommend that you also purchase the USB cable to update the firmware as its constantly evolving and the firmware that I had on mine was not the most up to date version.

2009 135i - JB4 - DCI - Contemplating Meth - Cold Scotish Weather
(#2528)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 335i

Best to check with Neil directly. But they are our exclusive UK dealer and many customers have provided very positive reviews of their service. Each dealer is responsible for making their own policies with regards to pricing, returns, and service. Regardless of that we provide a 1 year warranty on the product from date of purchase. Details here:

http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.htm

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2529)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Does the JB4 raise boost in the heat, it seems as im maxing Map2 out boost wise now that the weather is above 80*F always
No the target stays the same. At some point, it starts rolling the target down though. IIRC around 170 degrees IAT.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2530)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E93
Default 06-03-2011, 01:19 PM

Hi 5soko,
If it helps, I bought my jb3 off Neil just before the jb4 came out and he was very helpful, liaising with Terry to organise my upgrade. His after-sales service has also been excellent and I would imagine if you contacted him directly he'd have no problem honouring such a transaction.
(#2531)
Old

Car: 335i E92
Default 06-03-2011, 01:38 PM

Neil at juiced up is indeed a good guy.

A few of us from E90post Uk board are buying some intercoolers from him and I have dealt with him before.

Neil did say very recently he would honour the money back guarantee as per BMS direct.
You won't have any trouble.

Hi from sunny Somerset
(#2532)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM

Man this heat in the south is killing my boost levels 98* = 11 psi with map 2 and **'s..... HOT WEATHER I HATE YOU.

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR ** | H&R | LC Z2s
(#2533)
Old

Default 06-03-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic335i
Man this heat in the south is killing my boost levels 98* = 11 psi with map 2 and **'s..... HOT WEATHER I HATE YOU.
Haha, third day of winter here in Australia and my car is loving it.

I know roles are reversed in your winter.

Run a line from your WWT with a nozzle and spray that IC with water. It really works.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#2534)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 06-03-2011, 08:02 PM

I got a map 2 log that will make you hate me. 15 psi, iat 95 during peak boost. Love that methanol/ETSfmic ; ) With boost under 15, a BMS drop in will help keep that torque consistent over their DCI for the summer. I love the dci for the dyno, the stock box is $ up to 14psi in the hot weather unless there is methanol involved.

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2535)
Old

Default 06-03-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilefitt
I got a map 2 log that will make you hate me. 15 psi, iat 95 during peak boost. Love that methanol/ETSfmic ; ) With boost under 15, a BMS drop in will help keep that torque consistent over their DCI for the summer. I love the dci for the dyno, the stock box is $ up to 14psi in the hot weather unless there is methanol involved.
Hey mobilefitt, we have similar setups but you have meth. 15psi on map 2, nice.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#2536)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default Nice map 2 log meth 50/50 - 06-03-2011, 08:53 PM

not the place for it really but....Running map 2 as I transition from meth concentration 70/30 to 50/50. I was interested to see the effects on timing at a conservative boost level now that I am bolted all the way to the mid *****. The car loves map 2. My mods are really dialed in well now that I am not maxing out my WPM. Map2 lag fix is 0. Spraying from 9psi-13psi (see it drop there for a second at the shift, should move it down to 11.5 on this map.)
Attached Images

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.

Last edited by mobilefitt; 06-03-2011 at 09:03 PM..
(#2537)
Old

Default 06-03-2011, 09:56 PM

Nice looking log.

(#2538)
Old

Car: e92 335i 6MT
Default 06-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Contemplating putting my order for a JB4+DCI in today, but I was just wondering if the JB4 has the SLD built in, or what the reason is if not.

Thanks!
(#2539)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynoty3k
Contemplating putting my order for a JB4+DCI in today, but I was just wondering if the JB4 has the SLD built in, or what the reason is if not.

Thanks!
We left it out as most customers are under warranty and want to stay that way. But we offer a stand alone for $80, an soon will also have a stand alone CPS/SLD combo for $85, for those who want those features. They just slide in to the JB4 harness.

Burger Motorsports

(#2540)
Old

Car: e92 335i 6MT
Default 06-05-2011, 12:53 PM

Okay, I see that here.

Just wondering, how long does the ECU store metrics? I.e. How long would an above factory speed or boost setting be stored in the ECU, or does it simply store record high information for warranty claims?

If the latter were the case, wouldn't it be relatively easy to clear them like codes?

Furthermore, I was wondering about routing the USB cable to the passenger compartment, is there a guide readily available?
(#2541)
Old

Car: 07 335i E90
Default 06-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Terry are any changes planned for map 5? What about an Autotunning Map with progressive meth? That would be great.
(#2542)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynoty3k
Okay, I see that here.

Just wondering, how long does the ECU store metrics? I.e. How long would an above factory speed or boost setting be stored in the ECU, or does it simply store record high information for warranty claims?

If the latter were the case, wouldn't it be relatively easy to clear them like codes?

Furthermore, I was wondering about routing the USB cable to the passenger compartment, is there a guide readily available?
Certain things like peak RPM, speed, and load target are stored in a section of the DME that can not be read/deleted by anyone other than BMW corporate employees using special equipment. So for diagnostic invisibly one must avoid letting the DME know any of those values have been changed. That is why speed deliminters and flash tunes are not considered "invisible" once removed.

But for those that don't are about that, out of warranty, etc, we have you covered. You can easily add it on.

Burger Motorsports

(#2543)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0780
Terry are any changes planned for map 5? What about an Autotunning Map with progressive meth? That would be great.
No changes to map 5 for this next firmware update. Although as part of the meth revisions (for use with the FSB) we are working on an autotuning parameter for map 3. Which will work with the FSB or any flow sensor based meth kit. The next update will start data collection on it but the feature itself will be disabled until we ensure the algorithms are bulletproof.

Burger Motorsports

(#2544)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 06-06-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No changes to map 5 for this next firmware update. Although as part of the meth revisions (for use with the FSB) we are working on an autotuning parameter for map 3. Which will work with the FSB or any flow sensor based meth kit. The next update will start data collection on it but the feature itself will be disabled until we ensure the algorithms are bulletproof.
I'm looking forward to receiving the update.

Will there be any psi limitation on the map 3 with autotuning ?

Right now I can not go from 16 psi

I have.....

JB4 4 15ohms, DCI, ** ar desing 3" VC2 50/50, SLD delimiter, 98 BP Gas, Big Intercooler

There is no way to upload more power??

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#2545)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2011, 10:01 AM

I don't provide 1 on 1 help via forums. Email me if you need personal advice.

Burger Motorsports

(#2546)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 06-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't provide 1 on 1 help via forums. Email me if you need personal advice.
ok

but is not a problem ... is a question whether there is any limitation of psi (as in the map 2 being 14.5 psi)

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#2547)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2011, 10:48 AM

For the map 3 additive? I think we allow up to +7psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#2548)
Old

Car: 2008 e90 335i...2000 M5....98 M3
Default 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Terry,

Is there any way that in a future firmware update that you could make map 6 have all of its own settings for fuel, cps and boost? I know that boost already is and it would be nice if cps and fuel were also. Right now they are global and I like to change map 6 fueling when I'm at the track and it would be nice if I didn't always have to remember the fuel values and have to change them back when I leave the track each time.
(#2549)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2011, 06:30 PM

We may do that at some point.

Burger Motorsports

(#2550)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 06-06-2011, 10:34 PM

Updated to the 4/22 firmware today and ran the USB cable. WoW Terry I have to give major props to you for everything!

I think my next mod will be a charge pipe and a BOV

2011 335is Le Mans Blue l Black Interior l Convenience Package l iDrive l Heated Seats l Manual Trans l JB4 l BMS DCI l AWE BOV
Order Date: 4/12/11
Delivery: 5/30/11