N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Adding JB4 v13 firmware to the first post to collect some data.

JB4 v13 firmware:

1) Added active safety system for high fuel pressure. JB4 will revert to safety is fuel pressure drops below 7 (1000psi) during full throttle.
2) Moved safety/VALET map to map8
3) Adjusted map4 to be a performance map between map3 and map5. With the BEF map4 targets around 20psi
4) Adjusted FF learning to be slightly more aggressive.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#127)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 05-05-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

JB4 v13 firmware:

1) Added active safety system for high fuel pressure. JB4 will revert to safety is fuel pressure drops below 7 (1000psi) during full throttle.
3) Adjusted map4 to be a performance map between map3 and map5. With the BEF map4 targets around 20psi
Awesome progress thank you.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#128)
Old

Default 05-05-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
The BEF gives us more control over timing advance and fueling, so even at the same boost levels, we should see some improvements. But the basic idea is with our BEF you'll be able to safely run more boost for a given octane.
Thanks Terry!

Any plans of doing a 93 octane dyno run, I Dont have E85 and Dont want to run meth.
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikb
Thanks Terry!

Any plans of doing a 93 octane dyno run, I Dont have E85 and Dont want to run meth.
Yes of course.. We're just focused on the higher end of the power band first since we know that is what most of our customers are waiting for.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 05-05-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:

JB4 v13 firmware:

Perfect Andy has been helping dial in map 7 with my bm3 flash, I noticed FF was always learning down compared to older firmware like version 8, hopefully I can break in to the 6.xx 100-200 with this new firmware
(#131)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-07-2019, 08:00 AM

When running MHD flash with JB4 do I have to have the extra wires for the JB4 I think its the FF and ewg. Also my JB4 gauges are weird my oil goes up when I press the gas , from 0- 3000 degrees my throttle goes up to 300, those don't seem right.

2016 340i trackpack , JB4,MHD BEF e85 tune, BMS intake, BMS CC
(#132)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2019, 08:16 AM

Fuel pressure not required, EWG suggested but not required.

On gauges may need to lock doors and let ECU reset if updating from a previous version.

Burger Motorsports

(#133)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-07-2019, 08:19 AM

ahhhh yes I did forget that step thanks

2016 340i trackpack , JB4,MHD BEF e85 tune, BMS intake, BMS CC
(#134)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M-Sport
Default Help! MHD+JB4 Map7 Logs 👉 **** Show? - 05-08-2019, 07:18 AM

Hey Gang!

I hope to get some guidance on my Post-MHD/JB4BEF Settings I just MHD flashed my b58 with a JB4 BEF (ver.58/13/5 -- Map 7) and also flashed the TCU with x-hp (Stage 3).

I must be having substantial issues with my WMI and User-adjustable settings because I am experiencing the following:
  • Both transient & WOT are jerky—feels like throttle closures and I can hear the BOV opening when it happens.
  • Meth initiation is not consistent—sometimes it comes in on the gear (typically 2nd) that I start logging, sometimes it doesn’t.
  • Fuel Trims are too high...not sure how much the instability of the meth initiation is causing this.
  • I can't maintain target boost
  • AFRs have dropped enough to trigger a 118002 error "Mixture too rich" a few times.
  • Overall, the car feels just as, of not less powerful as it did before the MHD , and it's way jerkier.

FYI:
  • I live in Denver (5,500’ altitude)
  • These issues were not nearly as noticeable before switching to the MHD flash.
  • I have posted 3 WOT logs and 2 Transient Throttle Logs—both conditions are having the same issues but throttle closures are much more apparent on Transient...

2016 340i xDrive M sport Auto with 15K miles. MODS BELOW:
  • MHD & JB4 BEF (Map 7)
  • x-hp TCU FLash (Stage 3)
  • Running e40 (Verified) fuel
  • VRSF ***-less **
  • M Sport exhaust
  • Agency Power intake
  • BMS Stealth Meth kit (100% Meth —> DUAL BM7 Nozzles)
(#135)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 05-08-2019, 07:27 AM

As you noted, your trims are ridiculous and your meth does not appear to be spraying properly (those two issues are probably related).

Try the "Purge" test on the JB4 app using Map 7 (disconnect the hose from the meth nozzle first). Does it work?

I think we got that you are running JB4 latest firmware and using Map 7. What BEF did you flash with MHD? It's not clear from your post.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#136)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Default 05-08-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
As you noted, your trims are ridiculous and your meth does not appear to be spraying properly (those two issues are probably related).

Try the "Purge" test on the JB4 app using Map 7 (disconnect the hose from the meth nozzle first). Does it work?

I think we got that you are running JB4 latest firmware and using Map 7. What BEF did you flash with MHD? It's not clear from your post.
The meth system has been FULLY tested and is working fine.

I listed the JB4 BEF firmware version in my post "ver.58/13/5".
(#137)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Did I miss something in your logs? Your meth spray was not 100. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only trying to help you.

"ver.58/13/5" is not a BEF, it's the JB4 firmware. BEF is a flash tune, so what BEF file did you flash with MHD?

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarver2
Hey Gang!
We just need the log and a few notes, it's waste of your time to write all that out.

First issue is you've partially disabled the meth kit, maybe accidentally? Uncheck WMI PWM control on the WMI page. Alternatively if you want to use PWM control then enter a PWM profile under fuel bias. Maybe all 100 is a good way to start. They are all 0 now.

Then relog map7.

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old

Default 05-08-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Hey Gang!

I hope to get some guidance on my Post-MHD/JB4BEF Settings I just MHD flashed my b58 with a JB4 BEF (ver.58/13/5 -- Map 7) and also flashed the TCU with x-hp (Stage 3).

I must be having substantial issues with my WMI and User-adjustable settings because I am experiencing the following:
  • Both transient & WOT are jerky—feels like throttle closures and I can hear the BOV opening when it happens.
  • Meth initiation is not consistent—sometimes it comes in on the gear (typically 2nd) that I start logging, sometimes it doesn’t.
  • Fuel Trims are too high...not sure how much the instability of the meth initiation is causing this.
  • I can't maintain target boost
  • AFRs have dropped enough to trigger a 118002 error "Mixture too rich" a few times.
  • Overall, the car feels just as, of not less powerful as it did before the MHD , and it's way jerkier.

FYI:
  • I live in Denver (5,500’ altitude)
  • These issues were not nearly as noticeable before switching to the MHD flash.
  • I have posted 3 WOT logs and 2 Transient Throttle Logs—both conditions are having the same issues but throttle closures are much more apparent on Transient...

2016 340i xDrive M sport Auto with 15K miles. MODS BELOW:
  • MHD & JB4 BEF (Map 7)
  • x-hp TCU FLash (Stage 3)
  • Running e40 (Verified) fuel
  • VRSF ***-less **
  • M Sport exhaust
  • Agency Power intake
  • BMS Stealth Meth kit (100% Meth —> DUAL BM7 Nozzles)

Gotta spray to play man as mentioned in your thread posted in the log section

(#140)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Default 05-08-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
We just need the log and a few notes, it's waste of your time to write all that out.

First issue is you've partially disabled the meth kit, maybe accidentally? Uncheck WMI PWM control on the WMI page. Alternatively if you want to use PWM control then enter a PWM profile under fuel bias. Maybe all 100 is a good way to start. They are all 0 now.

Then relog map7.
Thanks for the guidance, Terry!

See attached for the relog of map7. Also, I have been getting 2 error codes ["123511 Wastegate Flap Sluggish" & "120408 Reduced Power Mode"] that are causing a "drivetrain malfunction" limp mode every time I do a WOT Log.

FYI I am not sure if the drivetrain malfunctioning is due to the Wastegate flap issue or due to the stage 3 x-hp as I flashed both at the same time and then started to log after the 50-mile—recommended by x-hp—transmission adaptation period had lapsed.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-08 15_13_47__e40_Map-7_MWI_75add__WOT.csv (11.9 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by ecarver2; 05-08-2019 at 03:02 PM..
(#141)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Default 05-09-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the guidance, Terry!

See attached for the relog of map7. Also, I have been getting 2 error codes ["123511 Wastegate Flap Sluggish" & "120408 Reduced Power Mode"] that are causing a "drivetrain malfunction" limp mode every time I do a WOT Log.

FYI I am not sure if the drivetrain malfunctioning is due to the Wastegate flap issue or due to the stage 3 x-hp as I flashed both at the same time and then started to log after the 50-mile—recommended by x-hp—transmission adaptation period had lapsed.
Thoughts on the new log?
(#142)
Old

Default 05-09-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Thoughts on the new log?
You're still not hitting meth 100% based on that log.

(#143)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Default 05-09-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
You're still not hitting meth 100% based on that log.
I know right!? I'm at a loss right now for why and what to do.
(#144)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I know right!? I'm at a loss right now for why and what to do.
Does your purge function work correctly? Does it shoot out a strong arc of liquid?

(#145)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Default 05-09-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Does your purge function work correctly? Does it shoot out a strong arc of liquid?
Yup, I have tested thoroughly, purge works and the atomization is perfect.
(#146)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-09-2019, 06:36 PM

Hmmm email in to support. If it’s not air in the line, it might be a hardware issue. If it is, get your voltmeter ready, you will probably have to measure voltage at the jb4 fsb pins, at the 12V switched power line, and at the pump.

(#147)
Old

Default 05-12-2019, 12:17 PM

Happy Mother's Day!
I'm not sure how many of you are still running the BEF, but my logs are starting to look great. Received a file from Terry about a week ago and after driving on it for a couple days things are starting to positively move forward. Currently running E40 with 100% meth injection and a few other bolt on's. B58 is going to be one hell of a beast once everything is finalized. Looking forward to installing a Pure stage 2 turbo by next month

(#148)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2016 F22 M235i Mineral White
Default 05-13-2019, 07:33 AM

Hey Terry, I have BM3 in my car, I can flash a .bin file you provide, maybe you'd like to use my car for BEF with stage 3 turbo... HAHA

Big Boost, designing world's most innovating and efficient turbo kits!
-----------------
BigBoost Instagram: @bigboostturbo
webpage: bigboostusa.com

BigBoost's car: BMW M240i
Stage 3.4 turbo
Current B58 record holder: Currently: 822 WHP
4.8 100-200
10.85 @ 135 1/4 mile

Daily Driver: BMW M235i
BBT stage 3.3 turbo

Garage Queen: 2014 Nissan GT-R
EcuTek ECM and TCM tune, BDM DumpPipes, BDM intakes, BDM full race exhaust, hybrid turbos, E85. 936 WHP
(#149)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Default 05-14-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Happy Mother's Day!
I'm not sure how many of you are still running the BEF, but my logs are starting to look great. Received a file from Terry about a week ago and after driving on it for a couple days things are starting to positively move forward. Currently running E40 with 100% meth injection and a few other bolt on's. B58 is going to be one hell of a beast once everything is finalized. Looking forward to installing a Pure stage 2 turbo by next month
SAME!
(#150)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
SAME!
Are you spraying 100% meth on your logs now?

Changed my mind on the Pure stage 2. Just going to stick to the Pure stage 1 to give it some top end power bump....i think the B58 will be perfect around 520whp-540whp.