N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 320xi B48
Default Does it safe to buy the 2yrs old JB4? - 04-17-2019, 12:20 AM

Hi!
I found a good deal for the 2yrs old JB4 (OBD version). Does it safe to buy? What I have to check? Can I buy and use a JB4 Wireless Mobile Connect Kit with it? Thank you!
(#2)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 04-17-2019, 05:28 AM

It should be fine as long as the previous owner didn't break any connectors or anything. Make sure it comes with the correct wiring harness as there are several varieties depending on model and year.

Ask them if they ran any special settings that might have to be changed back.

Once you get it installed, double-check all of the User Adjustment settings per the sticky thread and set the defaults. Also check all of the steering wheel control menus to see what settings may be changed from default.
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 04-17-2019, 08:15 AM

Why wouldn't it be safe?

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2019, 10:25 AM

If you think you might need technical support or warranty on the unit itself always best to buy new.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 04-17-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
It should be fine as long as the previous owner didn't break any connectors or anything. Make sure it comes with the correct wiring harness as there are several varieties depending on model and year.

Ask them if they ran any special settings that might have to be changed back.

Once you get it installed, double-check all of the User Adjustment settings per the sticky thread and set the defaults. Also check all of the steering wheel control menus to see what settings may be changed from default.
Thank you! Seller has not a USB cable, so looks like I can not check the settings (

Last edited by ru_dimka; 04-17-2019 at 11:00 AM..
(#6)
Old

Default 04-17-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you think you might need technical support or warranty on the unit itself always best to buy new.
I heard that Jb4 has a 5 years warranty. Or warranty works only for the first owner?

I also thinking about new one, but it is sold by local store (not official dealer) . It will not have warranty coverage and support too?

Last edited by ru_dimka; 04-17-2019 at 10:37 AM..
(#7)
Old

Default 04-17-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Why wouldn't it be safe?
I do not know. May be something could be damaged, or I have to buy a new revision, etc
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru_dimka
I heard that Jb4 has a 5 years warranty. Or warranty works only for the first owner?

I also thinking about new one, but it is sold by local store (not official dealer) . It will not have warranty coverage and support too?
Yes original owner only on that. We make changes from time to time.

You won't have email support or warranty but forum support is always free for anyone who has a JB4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.