N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340iX
Default B58 User adjustments by Map - 06-13-2018, 12:09 PM

Hi all,

It appears to me that there is a fair amount of uncertainty on which maps are adjustable and how. The going statement is that absolute maps are adjustable and additive maps are not. Yet going through the threads and my own experience here, I would say that is not absolute...no pun intended

Also the logging parameters are also not all used on the B58.

So have looked over my own notes and summarized them in a spreadsheet.

I am hoping this will become a clearer picture for us of what can and cannot be done and how and why.

Please advise where I am wrong, incomplete, and how to make this SS better for us all. Revise as you wish and I will try to combine all your comments into one sheet for all to use.

FUA and FUD need to be detailed further.

Gain, WGP, FF use could stand further explanation too.

Thank you all for your patience,

Alex
Attached Files
File Type: xls JB4 User Adjustments by Map for B58.xls (31.5 KB, 198 views)

2017 340iX with M track handling package, 6 speed manual, BMS intake, and JB4 piggyback; EWG and FP wires; 93 octane; and fun with Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335xi coupe
Default 06-13-2018, 12:27 PM

Maybe import it into google sheets? then it can be edited and viewed online easily

/edit/ here's an editable google sheet. Let me know if that works:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

BSM 340i xDrive (6MT, M-Sport, etc)
---
datazap.me

Last edited by jpsimon; 06-13-2018 at 12:38 PM..
(#3)
Old

Default 06-13-2018, 12:49 PM

Great. I will work on that tonight.

Thanks

2017 340iX with M track handling package, 6 speed manual, BMS intake, and JB4 piggyback; EWG and FP wires; 93 octane; and fun with Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-13-2018, 02:56 PM

B48/B58 JB4

FUD:
bit0 - Disable in dash BC button controls
bit1 - Disable wastegate adaption.
bit2 - Full time IAT spoof (for testing)
bit3 - Raise "boost over stock" cap from 10psi to 20psi.
bit4 - Disable startup sweep
bit5 - Disable CANbus when boost is less than 1.5psi
bit6 -
bit7 - Force actual boost value out MAP sensor (for testing)

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-13-2018, 03:32 PM

Got it. But which maps does it work on?

Thanks.

(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboh
Got it. But which maps does it work on?

Thanks.
All

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 06-14-2018, 04:57 AM

OK. Got it.

Now, which maps does DWP work on and I assume EWG is needed, correct?

Thanks

(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-14-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboh
OK. Got it.

Now, which maps does DWP work on and I assume EWG is needed, correct?

Thanks
All maps, and yes EWG is needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 06-15-2018, 12:58 PM

Thank you for your patience.

What about Boost Failsafe, PID gain, auto shift boost...do they apply to all maps?

Does FF/waste gate adaption apply only to map 6 and 7?

Does max boost 1,2,3 apply to all maps or only 6 and 7?

Thank you,

Alex

(#10)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 06-15-2018, 09:03 PM

Subscribed... when done, this is sticky material.
(#11)
Old

Car: n55
Default 04-12-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
All maps, and yes EWG is needed.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this seems untrue. The ewg wires seem to only matter on Map 6. Every other map is an additive map and does not require ewg control.

Can someone confirm?
(#12)
Old

Car: B48 330i
Default 04-12-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
B48/B58 JB4

FUD:
bit0 - Disable in dash BC button controls
bit1 - Disable wastegate adaption.
bit2 - Full time IAT spoof (for testing)
bit3 - Raise "boost over stock" cap from 10psi to 20psi.
bit4 - Disable startup sweep
bit5 - Disable CANbus when boost is less than 1.5psi
bit6 -
bit7 - Force actual boost value out MAP sensor (for testing)
May I know how to setup full throttle IAT spoof on Map6 like Map5 does?
I enabled FUD bit2, but it doesn’t work. I know 1, 10 and 70 for 6cyl, but the behavior is not like what Map5 does.
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc67065
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this seems untrue. The ewg wires seem to only matter on Map 6. Every other map is an additive map and does not require ewg control.

Can someone confirm?
Correct, but there are some additive maps like meth map where you will not reach target boost (depending on additive value) without EWG connector.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B48Stone
May I know how to setup full throttle IAT spoof on Map6 like Map5 does?
I enabled FUD bit2, but it doesn’t work. I know 1, 10 and 70 for 6cyl, but the behavior is not like what Map5 does.
What firmware are you on?

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: B48 330i
Default 04-12-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
What firmware are you on?
I am on firmware 9. I’ve tried FUD bit2 on with 6cyl value 1, 10, 40, 50, 60 and 70. IAT changes immediately after the setting is effective, not like the way map5 IAT changes only during full throttle.
(#16)
Old

Car: n55
Default 04-12-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Correct, but there are some additive maps like meth map where you will not reach target boost (depending on additive value) without EWG connector.
Are the EWG wires used for maps 1-5 on a b58?