N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default Crank Main And Rod Bearings - 02-04-2019, 03:34 PM

I had to have my crank grinded on the rods and the mains were left as standard and just polished. I was wondering if I should try to get my bearings from BMW with the stupid color codes or go with these: N54B30 Engine Bearings

My only concern is that because of the different color codes, is there even a standard size? If I buy what King claims to be standard will they fit correctly? My rods got taken down 25 they said so I assume that would be .010" which would be the CR 222SV0.25 correct? I would just rather not have to send a bunch of stuff back.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 02-06-2019, 03:15 AM

I can confirm that the rod bearings are the same for the top and bottom. I read something a while ago that Bmw dosent use two different colors for top and bottom, but one size only now, depending on your crank of course. King makes an excellent bearings, I just done mine with 0 issues.
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-19-2019, 05:09 AM

Upping an old thread.

Anyone else tried King bearings on N54? Rebuilding mine and can't decide with which bearings to go: wpc treated or king?

Also the best place to order bearings from?
(#4)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 02-19-2019, 06:32 AM

Wpc treated bearings will increase the tolerance compared to untreated. Throwing a set in without knowing if the specs fall in line, will damage the bearing and crank from being to tight. This is of course different with all engines, you will definitely have to plastigage all bearings if going this route, you take a higher risk just installing them without knowing if your specs are correct or not.