Default 11-30-2018, 07:33 PM

Noted
(#27)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 12-07-2018, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
What happens if a bushing fails while this is in place ? Would it risk cracking the subframe its bolted to or the diff casing itself ??? Bushings are used for a reason, this deletes it out of the equation.
Terry, I really want to know the answer to this question

2008 335i E92 AT (M Sport Package) | JB4 G5 ISO + MHD BMS Pump | Back-end Flash | xHP Stage 3 TCU | AFE Intake Scoops | AR *** | Wagner EVO 2 Competition Intercooler | BMS Phoenix Chargepipe | Devils Own Meth Kit with FSB (Dual 14CM + CM14 Meth Nozzles) | BMS Catch Can | VTT GC TURBO | RB PCV Valve | VTT Inlets | VTT Aluminum Turbo Outlet (ceramic coated) | Tial BOV | Walbro stage 2 LPFP | CP Forged Pistons 84mm | VAC HP Rod & Main Bearings | CP Connecting RODs with CARR bolts
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-07-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alghawas
Terry, I really want to know the answer to this question
This brace is holding the bottom from movement, that's the only piece that is solid. The top mount is rubber but still maintains some movement, like a pivot point.
The bolts would most likely break and stretch before the subframe cracks.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 12-15-2018, 11:34 PM

I'm having a fitment issue with the BMS Differential Brace... I ordered the small differential for the category that I have a 2009 E90 (AT). Enclosed within are photos of me trying to line up the BMS Differential Brace to the holes of the rear differential and does not align. Did I order the wrong style of BMS Differential Brace or am I doing something wrong to properly seat the BMS Differential Brace into position?

Last edited by Ion619; 12-15-2018 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: Adding more URLs
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 09:39 AM

Payam is the expert on these so can help you sort out the issue, payam@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-17-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion619
I'm having a fitment issue with the BMS Differential Brace... I ordered the small differential for the category that I have a 2009 E90 (AT). Enclosed within are photos of me trying to line up the BMS Differential Brace to the holes of the rear differential and does not align. Did I order the wrong style of BMS Differential Brace or am I doing something wrong to properly seat the BMS Differential Brace into position?
Email me if you can and I'll work it out. Could be something that stretched during bending but still passed fitment QC for angles.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 12-17-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Email me if you can and I'll work it out. Could be something that stretched during bending but still passed fitment QC for angles.
ok.. will do..
(#33)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 12-18-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Totally off-topic;
For a 2009, that is one clean differential and car under-body, not to mention the shop floor. You don't need those shiny gloves!
Just a little bit jealous over here.

--

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual BM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
TMAP: 3.5 barr
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & TStat
(#34)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesx
Totally off-topic;
For a 2009, that is one clean differential and car under-body, not to mention the shop floor. You don't need those shiny gloves!
Just a little bit jealous over here.
Hahaha... Thanks! I try to keep my e90 clean and thanks for the compliment on my "garage floor". Have to keep it clean
(#35)
Old
Meth Addict

Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 12-22-2018, 12:02 PM

What's the torque specs for installing the brace?doing mine now

E90 335i Auto, Cold Weather, & Sports Prem. Package, Navigation
Mods
: JB4/MHD, ACF ST, Precision T/S 6062, AD-Eng Mounts, Precision RaceWorks Stg 3+LPFP, //HPF Exhaust Titanium Tips, Custom HighLow OCC, Precision RaceWorks Coils,RACE InterCooler, Custom Meth Kit, Justin(v8Bait)Tuning
(#36)
Old
Meth Addict

Default 12-22-2018, 06:35 PM

Just purchased the brace.Having same fitment issue as but mine is little worse for the subframe hole lineup.
Attached Images

Mods
: JB4/MHD, ACF ST, Precision T/S 6062, AD-Eng Mounts, Precision RaceWorks Stg 3+LPFP, //HPF Exhaust Titanium Tips, Custom HighLow OCC, Precision RaceWorks Coils,RACE InterCooler, Custom Meth Kit, Justin(v8Bait)Tuning
(#37)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 12-22-2018, 09:24 PM

Email me. Im working on an install guide.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: e92 n54 pre lci
Default 12-23-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Email me. Im working on an install guide.

Payam@burgertuning.com
I installed mine about a week ago. Fitment was good. I noticed a difference. I have an 07 so I had to drill the holes from the frame. Wasn't too bad.

Keith
Attached Images

FBO MT N54 w/stock turbos-tuned by Trebila
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i
Just purchased the brace.Having same fitment issue as but mine is little worse for the subframe hole lineup.
Yes we've found that we're going to need to slot the holes a bit next batch as there is more car to car variance than expected. You can slot them yourself with a file or we can swap that one for a brace with larger slots if you need.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-24-2018, 11:36 AM

Hi, what about noises coming from rear diff being connected firmly to the subframe?
I have M3 bushings and had real noise problems after installing firm diff rubber bushings. They had to be modified as I had to wear ear protection when driving my car. Oh and I have a smfw too, which is the source (with transmission) of the noises...

E92 335i N54, Hexon RR500, JB4, DCI, MMP inlets, ER chargepipe, Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, ATM IC, Wagner downp*pes, MPerformance exhaust, oil cooler, trebila flash (via MHD Flasher), E60, M Performance 370mm brakes, styling 313 wheels, M Performance suspension, Fuelit Stage2, MFactory LSD, MFactory SMWF
(#41)
Old
Meth Addict

Default 12-24-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes we've found that we're going to need to slot the holes a bit next batch as there is more car to car variance than expected. You can slot them yourself with a file or we can swap that one for a brace with larger slots if you need.
Maybe you should take another look at the pictures I posted above.dont think you looked at all that's posted.yes filing the hole that mounts to diff cover I'm ok with that,but filing the holes that mount to subframe would say not a good idea.Look at the picture of both holes and are way off,other company's that make same style diff braces seem to not have a issue installing.My .02

Mods
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i
Maybe you should take another look at the pictures I posted above.dont think you looked at all that's posted.yes filing the hole that mounts to diff cover I'm ok with that,but filing the holes that mount to subframe would say not a good idea.Look at the picture of both holes and are way off,other company's that make same style diff braces seem to not have a issue installing.My .02
We can swap it for one with the wider slots if you prefer, just email us.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: S2000
Default 12-26-2018, 05:30 PM

Having the same issues as previous post. I’ve tried filing the subframe side of the brace with my dremel but it’s not up to the task!lol
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboi3
Having the same issues as previous post. Iíve tried filing the subframe side of the brace with my dremel but itís not up to the task!lol
Just email Payam and he can switch it out for you, if it's not lining up.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Car: S2000
Default 12-28-2018, 12:27 PM

Got some instructions from Payam and took 5 minutes! Just needed to drill the subframe a little. She bolted right up.. Thanks
(#46)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboi3
Got some instructions from Payam and took 5 minutes! Just needed to drill the subframe a little. She bolted right up.. Thanks
Yes on the subframe side some cars don't have holes, others have holes but they can vary a bit. The easy fix is to drill the holes where you need them. For the next batch of these we're going to add slots rather than just holes to better allow for car to car variance.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 12-29-2018, 01:53 PM

Yes! Slots would be the better route... BTW.. Payam and BMS Team took care of me and I greatly appreciate the good customer service. Brace is finally on...
(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Yes! Slots would be the better route... BTW.. Payam and BMS Team took care of me and I greatly appreciate the good customer service. Brace is finally on...

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 135i M Sport
Default 01-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Does this piece add any extra noise or vibes to car? Similar noises and vibes like solid trans mounts make?
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2019, 12:35 PM

Good question. I haven't noticed any on our development cars. Maybe others can chime in.

Burger Motorsports