N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#776)
Old

Car: BMW E91 335i N54 - 6MT
Wink 10-23-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you tried the RACE or E85 flash? If not, that is the next step.
Maybe your wiring is wrong, you said you made your own antilag wire... I can't help anymore at that point.
Thanks Payam, that's something I can work with.
Yes I made the wire myself because I read on one of these threads that the anti-lag wire is a jumper wire with in the first stages of development an 1k ohm resistor. Then it was stepped down to a 100R resistor.

So I figured why not make it myself.
Since I live in Belgium and shipping from the US takes about a week or 2. And the anti-lag upgraded chip wasn't necessarly apperantly cause I allready had the upgraded chip. Anyway, I took that one on me for not taking a look first at my current chip.

If my wire would be the culprit I will be pleased to order yours. Just need to know what the issue is. If it is software or hardware related

So next step will be testing the E85 or RACE flash.
Hopefully I won't have to much pre-ign or knock cause i'm still on the stock fuel system. The anti-lag is just for fun purposes tbh. Currently the car drives fine on the PUMP flash from MHD.

I'll report back when I tested the E85 and/or RACE flash.

Kind regards,
Thibaut
(#777)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-23-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zijkant
Thanks Payam, that's something I can work with.
Yes I made the wire myself because I read on one of these threads that the anti-lag wire is a jumper wire with in the first stages of development an 1k ohm resistor. Then it was stepped down to a 100R resistor.

So I figured why not make it myself.
Since I live in Belgium and shipping from the US takes about a week or 2. And the anti-lag upgraded chip wasn't necessarly apperantly cause I allready had the upgraded chip. Anyway, I took that one on me for not taking a look first at my current chip.

If my wire would be the culprit I will be pleased to order yours. Just need to know what the issue is. If it is software or hardware related

So next step will be testing the E85 or RACE flash.
Hopefully I won't have to much pre-ign or knock cause i'm still on the stock fuel system. The anti-lag is just for fun purposes tbh. Currently the car drives fine on the PUMP flash from MHD.

I'll report back when I tested the E85 and/or RACE flash.

Kind regards,
Thibaut
The stock fuel system doesn't matter. We just recommend higher octane fuel for this that's why it's on those flash files.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#778)
Old

Default 10-24-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
The stock fuel system doesn't matter. We just recommend higher octane fuel for this that's why it's on those flash files.
Update:

Flashed the following maps (after looking through them with TunerPro to confirm the anti-lags settings cfr. the first post of this topic)
  • JB4_BB2_I8A0S_E85.bin
  • JB4_BB2_I8A0S_PUMP.bin

Same result, 2 step is fine, but no anti-lag.
So I'm starting to think that this is hardware related and that my home-made wire isn't doing it's job.

Think I will order yours anyway.
Anything else that I can try other than ordering the anti-lag wire?

Thanks!
(#779)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-24-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Update:

Flashed the following maps (after looking through them with TunerPro to confirm the anti-lags settings cfr. the first post of this topic)
  • JB4_BB2_I8A0S_E85.bin
  • JB4_BB2_I8A0S_PUMP.bin

Same result, 2 step is fine, but no anti-lag.
So I'm starting to think that this is hardware related and that my home-made wire isn't doing it's job.

Think I will order yours anyway.
Anything else that I can try other than ordering the anti-lag wire?

Thanks!
Nothing else that I can honestly think of.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#780)
Old

Default 10-24-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
No prob Payam, thanks for you're help.
Just ordered the wire

I'll update when I've installed it!
Let's hope for some sweet pops and bangs once it arrives!
(#781)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 10-24-2018, 01:41 PM

Is there any way to check if anti lag is working with 2 step while 2 stepping? I’ve 2 stepped a number of times and the first few times I could for sure tell it was 2 step + anti lag now it’s like regular 2 step with no anti lag.

2 step/NLS and anti lag all work fine on their own.
(#782)
Old

Car: bmw 335
Default 10-27-2018, 10:07 AM

is possible antilag for launch?
(#783)
Old

Car: bmw 335
Default 10-27-2018, 10:13 AM

is possible for launch?
(#784)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 10-28-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia321
is possible for launch?

Its quiet because it's been answered here.
In short, best performance found if rolling launch.

--

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (190,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual BM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
TMAP: 3.5 barr
xHP Stage 3 (v2.0)
VRSF CP | HKS BOV
RB PCV Valve
NGK 5992 Plugs @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Plugs | Ign Coils | Walnut Blasting
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | Alternator w/ Clutch Pulley | Water Pump & TStat
(#785)
Old

Unhappy 10-29-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Update:

Hey Payam,

Received the wire, very QUICK shipping

Installed the wire correctly, triple checked the installation docs.
Tried it out, same results, 2-step engages but no anti-lag.

I logged and as you can see, no IAT drop: https://bit.ly/2SsnpdN

So, now I'm kind of stuck...
(#786)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-29-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Update:

Hey Payam,

Received the wire, very QUICK shipping

Installed the wire correctly, triple checked the installation docs.
Tried it out, same results, 2-step engages but no anti-lag.

I logged and as you can see, no IAT drop: https://bit.ly/2SsnpdN

So, now I'm kind of stuck...
Can you email me the CSV file and lets work it out.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#787)
Old

Default 10-29-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:

Payam@burgertuning.com
Thx, mail sent!
(#788)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 11-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Payam@burgertuning.com

Any updates? I have the exact same issue. 2step and NLF works fine just no rolling antilag, Everytime I intent to do the rolling anti lag I get a half engine light that comes on then leaves instantly.
I also get the same half engine light when I heel toe downshift to rev match as well as when I NLF, idk if it all relates to the same issue.
(#789)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-01-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_N54_
Any updates? I have the exact same issue. 2step and NLF works fine just no rolling antilag, Everytime I intent to do the rolling anti lag I get a half engine light that comes on then leaves instantly.
I also get the same half engine light when I heel toe downshift to rev match as well as when I NLF, idk if it all relates to the same issue.
Sounds different, got a log of that while rolling?

Burger Motorsports

(#790)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 11-02-2018, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Sounds different, got a log of that while rolling?
I actually do, both on regular 93pump and another on 45% mix e85.
Where do I send it ?
(#791)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-02-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_N54_
I actually do, both on regular 93pump and another on 45% mix e85.
Where do I send it ?
Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#792)
Old

Car: E60 535xi
Default 11-09-2018, 04:49 AM

Does it work on I8A0S BEF ? The tables are quite different

--E60 535xi 6AT 2008--
Mods: Hybrid Twins, LP Stage2, Meth, FOB, JB4+MHD BEF, Xhp
(#793)
Old

Car: S2000
Default 11-09-2018, 07:26 PM

Hey guys, I have my JB4 installed but right now I’m running an E40 map through MHD. I’ve just installed the 2 step and anti lag. Is it possible to run it without running the updated BEF? Or is that a necessity? Thanks
(#794)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2018, 09:13 PM

BEF required, or at least making the anti-lag changes to your flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#795)
Old

Car: S2000
Default 11-10-2018, 07:02 AM

Ok, thanks Terry
(#796)
Old

Car: 2009 335i e92
Default 12-08-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
im curious as to the reason why anti-lag is not recommended on lower octane?

and if i install the anti-lag and switch to the 91 BEF in the winter, will that cause any problems? i don't wanna have to install the chip on and off again

2009 335i e92 n54 | FBO | JB4 | e85 flash |
(#797)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 12-08-2018, 02:29 PM

During anti-lag use, timing pulls 22-23 which needs a lot of octane, otherwise you’ll face badly detonation. I don’t recommend for you to use that feature until you run with e85 or race fuel like vp ms109

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#798)
Old

Car: 2009 335i xdrive coupe MT
Default 12-21-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
So it turns out JB4 2STEP + JB4 anti-lag = awesome!

Attached the test firmware here. To use it you need:

1) A general understanding of how the JB4 and firmware updates work. If you don't know how to update firmware you probably don't have the requirements to run this.
2) JB4 anti-lag working including back end flash map loaded all per the first post in this thread.
3) The 2STEP relay installed and generally working.
4) The firmware below which integrates the two together while under two-step.

I'd start at 3000-4000rpm as a set point on menu8 and evaluate from there. The anti-lag integration will probably require some additional adjustment to our 2STEP targeting logic so I'd be curious to see how it targets various set points for various turbos and flywheels.

After setting it up capture some logs while doing the 2STEP and I can check the data to see if its doing what we expect.
I am using the Pump BEF and it is not working. Does this require the higher fuel BEFs to work?
(#799)
Old

Car: 07 335i e90 jb4, jb4 bef via mhd, wavetrac lsd, spec stage 3+ clutch & spec steel smfw, bmw occ,
Default 12-31-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_n54_e92
I am using the Pump BEF and it is not working. Does this require the higher fuel BEFs to work?
i have the same question im on the newest pump bef and 2 step & anti lag together do not work that im aware off... sounds like normal 2 step but im not even getting any pops or bangs like in the test video... is this because we are on pump gas...

07 335i 6SPD, FBO WITH VARGAS GC LITE 2.0'S, JB4 + MHD PUMP BEF
(#800)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_n54_e92
Does normal anti-lag work? JB4 log engaging it?

Burger Motorsports