N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecbarrett
So just to be clear, there wont be ery much performance gains over the old stage 2, until we can get BCM, or if I send you my logs, will you be able to tweak a tune a bit for my based on the mods i have?
Right now just looking for logs over a wide range of conditions and fuels. You can just post them to this thread for the moment.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 10:28 PM

Anyone able to get the boost on fuel (menu 2, option 1) to work? I can't seem to get the selection to hold after selecting and exiting the in-dash feature.
(#53)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 550XI
Default 07-13-2016, 01:37 AM

So if I install the jb4 do I just choose the best map by trying it out and it'll have more power than stock? or do I have to play around with settings and such and thats the difference between stage 2 and jb4? sorry im new to this
(#54)
Old

Car: 2013 550i m-sport
Default 07-13-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224
Anyone able to get the boost on fuel (menu 2, option 1) to work? I can't seem to get the selection to hold after selecting and exiting the in-dash feature.
I dont think its working yet.
(#55)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 750Li w N63 JB4
Default 07-14-2016, 02:55 PM

Terry: Just got my 2013 7 w N63 c JB4 yesterday. I wonder how can I enter the BC program. Most importantly can I add Torco to the 91 oct pump gas or do I need to do any adjustments.
I am new at all this, though I've had Dinan products on multiple previous BMW's/
Thanks in advance!
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2016, 02:59 PM

The BC button menu works similar to the S63tu menu. The boost on fuel gauge option should work. We can set it here.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default 07-14-2016, 04:07 PM

Thanks Terry but is there a tutorial on what to look for on the dashboard?
(#58)
Old

Car: 2013 550i m-sport
Default 07-14-2016, 04:48 PM

You click twice to get to it? The boost gauge? It didnt work for me
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2016, 05:40 PM

Linked video in to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Default 07-14-2016, 06:18 PM

Thanks Terry
Can I use Torco additive to 91-93 pump gas and expect a better boost in performance?
Thanks for all your help
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2016, 08:25 PM

Yes more octane always helps, especially MMT based boosters like NOS Race or Torco.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Car: 2011 550i n63
Default dyno - 07-15-2016, 06:48 AM

Hey Terry,
Getting ready to hit the dyno tomorrow. Was wondering what kind of runs you want me to log. I plan on a run with 93 octane, and then a run with 117 octane. I have ******* ********* and n63 intake from sergio. What map you want me to use and log?
(#63)
Old

Car: F10 550i JB4 w/ TurboUpgrade
Default Installation BCM - 07-15-2016, 07:20 AM

Hi Steve.
I just received the BCM but there is no red wire to connect to 12v and I can't find where I have to install the remain wires.

Could you help me?

Thank you

Rafael
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2016, 08:53 AM

You have an early prototype to test with your larger turbos. Email for directions as your wire colors differ.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Car: E90 N54 6MT
Default E85 Questions - 07-15-2016, 09:42 AM

Really excited about this new upgrade for our cars, but am a bit confused about the E85 setup.

Can we run E85 on any of the maps without the BCM? What is the optimal mixture percentage?

Is the BCM available? Is it the same as the M5/M6 BCM on the site or are we waiting for something new?
(#66)
Old

Default 07-17-2016, 08:15 AM

So im a little confused. Could use some help. I currently have the n63 stage 2 and received my jb4 beta the other day. Can someone give me an easy to follow walk through on how to switch them out. So I assume the first this is to just switch out the board. Now I need to know, Do I keep the old wires I already have hooked up into the dme/TMAP sensors, and then just add the additional wires that came with the upgrade? Please help me I read the instructions on the first post but the are kind of confusing. Please help me so I can get this installed and start doing some logging for you guys.
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
So im a little confused. Could use some help. I currently have the n63 stage 2 and received my jb4 beta the other day. Can someone give me an easy to follow walk through on how to switch them out. So I assume the first this is to just switch out the board. Now I need to know, Do I keep the old wires I already have hooked up into the dme/TMAP sensors, and then just add the additional wires that came with the upgrade? Please help me I read the instructions on the first post but the are kind of confusing. Please help me so I can get this installed and start doing some logging for you guys.
Did you read this post with the directions? http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...92&postcount=3

You'll disconnect the 4 pairs now from the DME, 3 of them will not be used at all and one will be half used.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 07-17-2016, 09:02 PM

Terry, does this N63 JB4 also have the oil temp safety feature like the N54 JB4? i.e. disabled until oil temp hits 160F?
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2016, 09:09 PM

Not yet, but will in a future version.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Car: 2011 550xi
Default 07-18-2016, 10:12 PM

Will that feature just require a software update, or will there be hardware too?
(#71)
Old

Car: 13 F10 550iX
Default 07-19-2016, 02:01 PM

I've put 600+ miles on this setup, very happy so far! Only issue is my poor gas mileage with E30 . Look forward to getting a BCM shortly.
(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirApoc
Will that feature just require a software update, or will there be hardware too?
Software you load via the JB4 interface.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Default turbo upgrade - 07-20-2016, 07:00 AM

So I guess the next question is, Pure Turbo upgrade Or Vargas Turbo Upgrade???
(#74)
Old

Car: 13 F10 550iX
Default 07-20-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
So I guess the next question is, Pure Turbo upgrade Or Vargas Turbo Upgrade???
Or Alpinas like some of us are running
(#75)
Old

Car: 135 and M3
Default 07-21-2016, 02:49 AM

Stick to OEM....No way an after market shop has R&D resources as Garrett Honeywell aerospace wind tunnels.
ALPINA