N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2151)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2015, 09:35 AM

If you're using the POSI-TAP method its per the first post.

If you added on the OBDII CANbus cable and firmware, details on that are here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30750

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2152)
Old

Car: 2015 335i m-sport
Default 10-09-2015, 10:56 AM

Terry,

Are those the same firmware updates:

N55_FSERIES_EWG_3_31.hex
N55_OBDII_EWG_3.hex

I used N55_FSERIES_EWG_3_31.hex, should i update using N55_OBDII_EWG_3.hex?

Last edited by arkow; 10-09-2015 at 11:38 AM..
(#2153)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default 10-09-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkow
Terry,

Are those the same firmware updates:

N55_FSERIES_EWG_3_31.hex
N55_OBDII_EWG_3.hex

I used N55_FSERIES_EWG_3_31.hex, should i update using N55_OBDII_EWG_3.hex?
If you have the ODB hardware installed you will have to use the "N55_OBDII_EWG_3.hex" file, otherwise none of the ODB dash tools will work.
(#2154)
Old

Car: 2015 335i m-sport
Default 10-09-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredirtyfive
If you have the ODB hardware installed you will have to use the "N55_OBDII_EWG_3.hex" file, otherwise none of the ODB dash tools will work.
Terry got back to me and i updated the firmware and all is working now.

Thanks
(#2155)
Old
Registered Users

Car: M135i
Default 10-11-2015, 05:22 AM

Hi Terry

I upgraded to OBD but the DB button functions does not work..? I am running pneumatic ISO - what is the correct FW version? I set FUD=2 and locked the car for ~10minutes. RPM etc is working in the interface.
(#2156)
Old
Registered Users

Default 10-11-2015, 06:54 PM

Interface Version 10/1/15

I just found out there is a new version... What are the upgrades compared to 7/1/15? Last safety will show why JB4 jumped to map4 I presume?
(#2157)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2015, 07:44 AM

For the N55 there are no changes to the interface yet. In future firmware versions we'll add the new logic re: safety switch. Currently it's only in test versions of the N54 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2158)
Old

Car: 2014 f10 535i m-sport N55
Default 10-13-2015, 11:41 AM

Hello everyone I am new to this site need little help installing my new jb4 to my 2014 f10 m-sport n55. I just received my new BMS intake and jb4 last week I installed intake was easy but confused with jb4 wiring harness comes with 3 plug and 2 wires are routed to the first plug .based on BMS instructions 2 wires goes by JB box but they routed different direction . Thanks
(#2159)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2015, 12:31 PM

If you need install help on a new product purchased from us the easiest way to get it is to email in to tech support. Ideally with reference photos.

Make sure you're looking at the right guide as well. The three plugs are TMAP, MAP, and FlexFuel. The CANbus wires connect per the guide using posi-taps.

Burger Motorsports

(#2160)
Old

Car: 2014 f10 535i m-sport N55
Default 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Thanks terry this help a lot
(#2161)
Old
Registered Users

Default 10-15-2015, 10:03 PM

You don't post any instruction here on how to deal with the removed FF rpm gain. Is that because it only applies to the ISO version of the OBD FW?
(#2162)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2015, 12:11 PM

There isn't any information on the F series ISO BETA posted. Much of the same stuff carries over though.

Burger Motorsports

(#2163)
Old
Registered Users

Default 10-23-2015, 12:04 AM

Tuning DB to get boost spot on target, I find the OBD FW much harder to tune than the old ISO. A 1-2 points +/- of DB will result in maybe +/- 1psi - very sensitive. I also find logs/pulls being more inconsistent... Anyone else experience this? I am considering going back to non-OBD but I also like to make it work.
(#2164)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes
Tuning DB to get boost spot on target, I find the OBD FW much harder to tune than the old ISO. A 1-2 points +/- of DB will result in maybe +/- 1psi - very sensitive. I also find logs/pulls being more inconsistent... Anyone else experience this? I am considering going back to non-OBD but I also like to make it work.
There are probably 6 people using both versions of F series ISO firmware combined. The only difference as far as boost goes is on OBDII ISO the FF learning has been disabled and the built in FF RPM gain has been removed. Depending on the turbo used controlling boost can be a challenge on F series. I'd suggest tuning FF so its consistently below PWM a bit to allow the PID to be more dynamic in the control.

Burger Motorsports

(#2165)
Old
Registered Users

Default 10-23-2015, 05:38 PM

6 people?! My impression is that there should be minimum 20 F-series with upgraded turboes and that all of those would run ISO?
(#2166)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2015, 08:30 PM

Most cars are EWG and the control system with EWG is much better. PWG was only for 2013 models, and some 2012 international F series like your M135. ISO is for PWG systems only.

Burger Motorsports

(#2167)
Old
Registered Users

Default 10-24-2015, 05:06 PM

Oh...then it makes sense. Well in that case - an even bigger >Thank you< for supporting the six of us
(#2168)
Old

Car: n55
Default 10-27-2015, 09:56 PM

Any potential updates on the fw? CANFlap indicator fix? N55 could use a little more love here...
(#2169)
Old
Registered Users

Default 10-28-2015, 02:27 AM

Whats a canflap indicator fix? Something to show you what setting you are running?
(#2170)
Old

Car: bmw f10 535xdrive
Default 10-28-2015, 08:43 AM

Don't forget about us F10 PWG guys

2014 535 xdrive, JB4 + FF running 93 octane SUNOCO FTW!!!
(#2171)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_asian1
Don't forget about us F10 PWG guys
The F10 PWG guys can use F30 OBDII PWG firmware. Just need to set FUD = 2 to enable the BC button controls.

Burger Motorsports

(#2172)
Old
Registered Users

Default 10-28-2015, 08:09 PM

Is it possible to get meth flow in the fuel gauge instead of boost? Dont really need a gauge to tell you whether you have boost or not + its not detailed enough to provide any useful information... Maybe the rpm gauge could also be made to show which map you are in when starting up the car (for those of us with Alzheimers ). A few ideas for more features

Last edited by harkes; 10-28-2015 at 08:14 PM..
(#2173)
Old

Car: f30 335
Default 10-29-2015, 12:18 PM

I would prefer meth flow instead of boost also!��

F30 335i Jb4 ISO/ Pure stage2wIntlet/ DV+/ER Cp,**,FMIC /meth/MPE/BMS Intake/3.5barTmap/Spec stage3+/Pss10
(#2174)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2015, 12:58 PM

We'll expand the fuel gauge at some point. But with boost on dash using map 3 you're also monitoring meth flow. If meth isn't flowing boost won't go up to target.

Burger Motorsports

(#2175)
Old

Default 10-31-2015, 07:31 AM

Hello, my car is a 13/14 M135i with ewg.
My obd2 jb4 is working fine, change maps with BC button etc.. But the exhaust valve dont work, any ideas what causing this problem?