N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-13-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Actually no you are only required to calibrate things if you are using them for FAA purposes, but we no longer build aircraft turbos, so they never need to be calibrated. Also if you knew anything about machining, you would know a set of "calipers" is for rough measurements only. There are much more precise tools for the critical measurements. Anyone else want to show their ignorance. Step up please.
Tony the troll is at it again. Do you hear that? It's the sound of all your potential customers who will never buy **** from you. Is it true that your dad built up VTT? I'm sure he'd be proud to see you running it into the ground with your childish antics and complete lack of turbo knowledge. I would say to stick with your camera man career, but judging by your career history you can't keep a job with that either. Go back to your own forum where you can remove anyone who calls you out.
(#52)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 09-13-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdady
I think you may have just solved a lot of problems for Tony. Take his 2nd or 3rd re-designed inlets... I can just hear Tony saying... "I knew there was a reason my inlets were not matching up to the stock turbos properly."
Roflmao!

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#53)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-13-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
YES, this is what I am talking about. Just sounding ignorant for the sake of trolling. Keep it up man. We all get a good laugh. Got anymore kill stories for us? Maybe you took down a 200HP Camry last night? Video or it didnt happen!
I think it's funny you are making fun of car that blew past a 11.0 second 1/4 car. He raced a modded GT3 RS Porsche and his car is not even dialed in and doesn't even have port injection on it....yet beats a car that runs better times than any stage 2+ car....hmmmmm....interesting.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#54)
Old
Demigod

Default 09-13-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
We understand our competitor believes the smaller bent up (and potentially kinked drains) are perfectly fine. Based on much research and experience on the matter we disagree, and believe they can very easily be improved upon.

We encourage anyone out there to do their own research on the matter, and we feel they will find all data will point the direction of our newly designed drains. We welcome all data that suggests otherwise, and it is open for discussion here anytime. Please just do not cite the sources of a heavily biased competitor, unless you feel there is some merit that needs expanded upon.

So all of that said let's please keep the grumbling out of this thread, as we are looking to advance these N54 Turbo upgrades and not to have another drama hour.

Thanks,
Rob
oil drain is nothing to mess with, if I had stock frames I would 100% have these

(#55)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi Sedan
Default 09-13-2015, 01:47 PM

This Tony guy....just wow. Classy guy!

2008 335xi E90 TiAg | AFE DCI | AMS fmic | BMW PE | BMS OCC | ER CP | RB PCV | AG M359 18" | PSS | KW V3 | Vorshag Camber plates
(#56)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-13-2015, 01:52 PM

Please add me to the GB Rob, as per email thanks Socket
(#57)
Old

Default 09-13-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
. As for that guy (you and rob both tried to post the same link, and I appreciate you highlighting a prerson with so many trouble free miles on his turbos), who isn't even sure if its the turbos leaking. That guy? Man you honestly make yourself sound more, and more, and more ignorant every time you open your mouth. Its pretty entertaining, so keep it up for us!
How about another guy Tony? Honestly I was going to let it go since every time I post fact about VTT turbos and fangirls from other site would neg rep and shut me down. You even went out of your way and removed my account from posting. Pathetic.

Here are the pics of the rear VTT OEM replacement turbo that didn't last even more than 3k miles. The tech tried to clean it so hard and you could see in 2nd pic there's still built up there which means the turbo was leaking slowly and building it up. I bought the m4 back in October thus the reason I didn't drive the n54 more often. If i was, the rear turbo was probably would have failed even sooner. The front turbo looks normal so don't even try playing the tuner card.

I understand all turbos could fail due to defects. But how you treat your customer and communicate with them appropriately is taking an educated person to do so. Obviously you have none. You called your customer a troll while your customer didn't manipulate/post untruth things. And oh yeah, I didn't replace used turbos so don't fantasize yourself on the other site that I ended up with used turbos. You posted untruth things on the internet then lock/remove people accounts that would give them a chance to reply, that's childish.

Rob, sorry to post this one on your thread. I would have signed up for these if you had them a month ago. Got turbos replaced.

I have more pics if anyone would like to see them.
Attached Images

(#58)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-13-2015, 08:08 PM

Put me on the list
(#59)
Old

Default 09-14-2015, 01:00 AM

Tony, I like your products and I've bought from you. But you totally **** on Robs thread. There are better ways to do it man.

Even if there is no actual performance increase, this can be seen as a preventative thing.

Rob thank you for creating this and innovating for the n54 community. Not everyone thinks your doing this to line your pockets or sell snake oil.
(#60)
Old

Car: '10 335i
Default 09-14-2015, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Couple pics I snapped of these without anodizing, hose clamps, or heat shields; just do give you an idea of how they route the drain. 1st pic is rear, 2nd pic is front.
Rob,

Given the hose and connection style, would you recommend securing these with oetiker clamps? I would rather avoid worm clamps for this piece to eliminate any possible damage to the hose.
(#61)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-14-2015, 05:32 AM

They will come with spring band style clamps, but the end user can replace with whichever clamps they feel most comfortable with and have the tooling to accommodate.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#62)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-14-2015, 07:33 AM

When the guy building your turbos says his tools do not need to be calibrated you should be all very very afraid. Having someone come in and calibrate or sending the tools out for calibration is not that expensive at all. I bet tony drops torque wrenches on the ground and leaves them set when he puts them away to boot.

seriously like who would admit they don't calibrate their tools...

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#63)
Old

Car: '10 335i
Default 09-14-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
They will come with spring band style clamps, but the end user can replace with whichever clamps they feel most comfortable with and have the tooling to accommodate.
Even better, thanks!
(#64)
Old

Car: E92 N54
Default 09-14-2015, 07:45 AM

Not sure how his inlets are poor fitting. I have the 2" inlets on my stock turbos and they fit fine, not to mention they work great. If you have any doubts go to BB and watch my kill videos against an ESS 625 M3 and a F80 M3 with tune, ********* and race gas.

JB4 G5 - FBO + Meth - 11.9@119
(#65)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-14-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexic
Even better, thanks!
You are welcome sir.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#66)
Old

Car: 135
Default 09-14-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
You have to hand it to Rob though. He keeps making products for problems that dont even exist and the lemmings just keep eating it up.
Odd that only his turbos have oil/drain issues. If the drains were kinked and flow was hindered in any way we would all be smoking 24/7/365 from the oil backing up.
First his PVC was the solution now a few years later its the oil drains. Amazing.
Have you even finshied producing your mythical
Inlets yet before you began another groupbuy?
Or was the plan to just keep sucking as much money as possible before anyone noticed?
Hey Tony,
VTT is the company that takes customers money for products that don't exist. Stage3 kits, shotgun hpfps ring any bells? Nice try tho.

Rob, put me on the list.
Thanks

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#67)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-14-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider
Hey Tony,
VTT is the company that takes customers money for products that don't exist. Stage3 kits, shotgun hpfps ring any bells? Nice try tho.

Rob, put me on the list.
Thanks
You've been added.

For anyone else interested in these and want anymore pictures, data, measurements, etc.; let me know.

Also just a reminder that we have 50 sets of these being machined now (this is happening regardless of GB), they will need then be welded, and then finally anodized; before we can finally ship. We expect this to be about 2 weeks.

Rob

(#68)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-14-2015, 09:18 AM

$199 Group Buy (plus shipping) for entire kit if we can meet 20+ sets.

1) shandyb135i
2) Nyulak
3) Nexic
4) FRNTHVY
5) Socket
6) CV135i
7) Indo Rider
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

We are going to be shipping these free for all of our Newly Purchased RB Turbo setups going forward. If any customer of ours has had a NEW purchase of our turbos in the past 3 months we will honor a 50% off MSRP as well. Any other prior discount for our customers this GB is a way to get in for a great price.

As stated there are 50 sets currently being machined. After that, welding, then anodizing, then shipping. Hopefully this all happens in around 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Rob

(#69)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-14-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggz
Not sure how his inlets are poor fitting. I have the 2" inlets on my stock turbos and they fit fine, not to mention they work great. If you have any doubts go to BB and watch my kill videos against an ESS 625 M3 and a F80 M3 with tune, ********* and race gas.
You must have qualified for the free update! Or recieved a revised set. There are several documented cases where shops refused to install them because they did not fit securely.

You may want to keep an eye on them. If one comes off/loose and sucks something up, it will be time for a new turbo.

Regardless, nice kills!
(#70)
Old

Car: E92 N54
Default 09-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdady
You must have qualified for the free update! Or recieved a revised set. There are several documented cases where shops refused to install them because they did not fit securely.

You may want to keep an eye on them. If one comes off/loose and sucks something up, it will be time for a new turbo.

Regardless, nice kills!
Thank you but I can assure you it wasn't the revised set. It was the 2" version.

JB4 G5 - FBO + Meth - 11.9@119
(#71)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 09-16-2015, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider
Hey Tony,
The shotgun HPFPs came out ages ago, I had one back in February.
(#72)
Old

Car: 2010 335xi
Default 09-16-2015, 02:25 AM

add me to the list..
(#73)
Old

Car: 07 E92 335i
Default 09-16-2015, 05:58 AM

If i was paying for new turbos, I'd install new oil drain lines for peace of mind and I would buy these over the OEM units. Ask trickcruiser what happened to his oil drain line on rear turbo..
(#74)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-16-2015, 06:08 AM

$199 Group Buy (plus shipping) for entire kit if we can meet 20+ sets.

1) shandyb135i
2) Nyulak
3) Nexic
4) FRNTHVY
5) Socket
6) CV135i
7) PeteNY
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

We are going to be shipping these free for all of our Newly Purchased RB Turbo setups going forward. If any customer of ours has had a NEW purchase of our turbos in the past 3 months we will honor a 50% off MSRP as well. Any other prior discount for our customers this GB is a way to get in for a great price.

As stated there are 50 sets currently being machined. After that, welding, then anodizing, then shipping. Hopefully this all happens in around 10 days.

Thanks,
Rob

(#75)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 09-16-2015, 06:11 AM

Nice job Rob, if I wasn't chasing this smoking issue I'd definitely be interested in this.. I remember back in my JDM days I had a fully built low compression ITR motor that was boosted and my turbo's drain was severely close to being clogged as it got kinked somehow and I didn't realize it right away.. I eventually fixed the issue, but I can def vouch that a poorly flowing drain will hinder turbo performance significantly..!