Car: 09 335 xDrive coupe
Default 09-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Day 2 of Tony's Three Day Master Plan

(#27)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 09-11-2015, 05:31 PM

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#28)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 09-11-2015, 05:34 PM

Not surprised, didn't he say the same about inlets on n54's?
(#29)
Old

Car: BMW 535xi
Default 09-11-2015, 06:48 PM

Add me to the list.
(#30)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 09-11-2015, 07:48 PM

Nice work, Rob.

No doubt this will eliminate premature failure of stock frame turbos due to inadvertently kinked oil lines.

Neil
(#31)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-12-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdady
This is coming from a turbo builder who has no problems...except a blown motor, 3 (or is it 4) sets of blown turbos in the last week? You must never have any oil leaks with your turbos? Oh wait, what about this a few weeks a go?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-Oil-Leak-Help

Hopefully he qualified for the free upgrade?
Haha that's me! I haven't had any time yet to take out the turbos for Tony to inspect. But according to Tony, as long as there an older batch (mine are batch 2) and not leaking due to abuse, he will rebuild them for free.
(#32)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6 MT
Default 09-12-2015, 02:54 AM

Tony your verniers need calibrating!!!!

I hope you dont use those during manufacture of turbo components
(#34)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-12-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL

I think you may have just solved a lot of problems for Tony. Take his 2nd or 3rd re-designed inlets... I can just hear Tony saying... "I knew there was a reason my inlets were not matching up to the stock turbos properly."
(#35)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-12-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyulak
Add me to the list.
You have been added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN
Nice work, Rob.

No doubt this will eliminate premature failure of stock frame turbos due to inadvertently kinked oil lines.

Neil
Agree. A poorly draining turbo will not have much of a chance. This is a way to rule out the variable of physical draining ever being an issue.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#36)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-12-2015, 06:46 AM

$199 Group Buy (plus shipping) for entire kit if we can meet 20+ sets.

1) shandyb135i
2) Nyulak
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

We are going to be shipping these free for all of our Newly Purchased RB Turbo setups going forward. If any customer of ours has had a NEW purchase of our turbos in the past 3 months we will honor a 50% off MSRP as well. Any other prior discount for our customers this GB is a way to get in for a great price.

As stated there are 50 sets currently being machined. After that, welding, then anodizing, then shipping. Hopefully this all happens in around 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#37)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 09-12-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
This is coming from a turbo builder who has no problems...except a blown motor, 3 (or is it 4) sets of blown turbos in the last week? You must never have any oil leaks with your turbos? Oh wait, what about this a few weeks a go?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-Oil-Leak-Help

Hopefully he qualified for the free upgrade?
I actually have no blown up motors. I have one ticking, and one with low compression. Which is disappointing as I TRY to blow up my motors, its what I do. I clamp wastgates shut, I run 40 psi, I do anything, and everything to see where things break. The problem is, they never break in the ways I want them to. I want parts on the ground, I want broken blocks, and oil, pans. Instead I get slight tapping sounds, and low compression. Extremely boring. Why do I try to break things? Well because we move things forward. As for that guy (you and rob both tried to post the same link, and I appreciate you highlighting a prerson with so many trouble free miles on his turbos), who isn't even sure if its the turbos leaking. That guy? Man you honestly make yourself sound more, and more, and more ignorant every time you open your mouth. Its pretty entertaining, so keep it up for us!

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#38)
Old

Default 09-12-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I think you may have just solved a lot of problems for Tony. Take his 2nd or 3rd re-designed inlets... I can just hear Tony saying... "I knew there was a reason my inlets were not matching up to the stock turbos properly."
YES, this is what I am talking about. Just sounding ignorant for the sake of trolling. Keep it up man. We all get a good laugh. Got anymore kill stories for us? Maybe you took down a 200HP Camry last night? Video or it didnt happen!

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#39)
Old

Default 09-12-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL

Actually no you are only required to calibrate things if you are using them for FAA purposes, but we no longer build aircraft turbos, so they never need to be calibrated. Also if you knew anything about machining, you would know a set of "calipers" is for rough measurements only. There are much more precise tools for the critical measurements. Anyone else want to show their ignorance. Step up please.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#40)
Old

Default 09-12-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
I actually have no blown up motors. I have one ticking, and one with low compression. Which is disappointing as I TRY to blow up my motors, its what I do. I clamp wastgates shut, I run 40 psi, I do anything, and everything to see where things break. The problem is, they never break in the ways I want them to. I want parts on the ground, I want broken blocks, and oil, pans. Instead I get slight tapping sounds, and low compression. Extremely boring. Why do I try to break things? Well because we move things forward. As for that guy (you and rob both tried to post the same link, and I appreciate you highlighting a prerson with so many trouble free miles on his turbos), who isn't even sure if its the turbos leaking. That guy? Man you honestly make yourself sound more, and more, and more ignorant every time you open your mouth. Its pretty entertaining, so keep it up for us!
Wow, that sounds like a brilliant thing to do. Is this how your mind works...

I'm going to wake up today and try to blow up another motor. I better overcharge my customers with my poor fitting inlets, and turbos (that leak oil, smoke and come with metal shavings) to compensate. And of course force them to pay 20% restocking fees when they realize what I'm offering is junk...

And by the way, I did bump the thread I posted about earlier. You might want to check it out on BB...

Last edited by Whosdady; 09-12-2015 at 11:25 AM..
(#41)
Old

Default 09-12-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
YES, this is what I am talking about. Just sounding ignorant for the sake of trolling. Keep it up man. We all get a good laugh. Got anymore kill stories for us? Maybe you took down a 200HP Camry last night? Video or it didnt happen!
I don't think your current or potential customers are laughing... Your incredibly poor bedside manner got the best of you when you leashed out at Wedge. If anyone is a troll it's you... Trying to divert the truth about your pathetic excuse for turbos and blaming a tuner. To think you started that whole thread and failed to mention Wedge didn't even tune the first time your turbo(s) blew up on his car. (Within 500 miles) And to only post part of the log so we couldn't see what was really happening. Then throwing away the evidence and pretend that we should take your word, that it wasn't clearly a turbo issue directly responsible for his repeated problems. I hope you don't charge him a 20% restocking fee after he's spent all this time and effort tearing apart his car twice, only to learn the truth about your turbos...
(#42)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-12-2015, 12:08 PM

We understand our competitor believes the smaller bent up (and potentially kinked drains) are perfectly fine. Based on much research and experience on the matter we disagree, and believe they can very easily be improved upon.

We encourage anyone out there to do their own research on the matter, and we feel they will find all data will point the direction of our newly designed drains. We welcome all data that suggests otherwise, and it is open for discussion here anytime. Please just do not cite the sources of a heavily biased competitor, unless you feel there is some merit that needs expanded upon.

So all of that said let's please keep the grumbling out of this thread, as we are looking to advance these N54 Turbo upgrades and not to have another drama hour.

Thanks,
Rob

(#43)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 09-12-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
We understand our competitor believes the smaller bent up (and potentially kinked drains) are perfectly fine. Based on much research and experience on the matter we disagree, and believe they can very easily be improved upon.

We encourage anyone out there to do their own research on the matter, and we feel they will find all data will point the direction of our newly designed drains. We welcome all data that suggests otherwise, and it is open for discussion here anytime. Please just do not cite the sources of a heavily biased competitor, unless you feel there is some merit that needs expanded upon.

So all of that said let's please keep the grumbling out of this thread, as we are looking to advance these N54 Turbo upgrades and not to have another drama hour.

Thanks,
Rob
Well said Rob

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#44)
Old

Car: '10 335i
Default 09-13-2015, 01:36 AM

Add me to the list hahaha.
(#45)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-13-2015, 06:04 AM

You have to hand it to Rob though. He keeps making products for problems that dont even exist and the lemmings just keep eating it up.
Odd that only his turbos have oil/drain issues. If the drains were kinked and flow was hindered in any way we would all be smoking 24/7/365 from the oil backing up.
First his PVC was the solution now a few years later its the oil drains. Amazing.
Have you even finshied producing your mythical
Inlets yet before you began another groupbuy?
Or was the plan to just keep sucking as much money as possible before anyone noticed?
(#46)
Old

Car: AW135/E30M3 Junglegym
Default 09-13-2015, 06:55 AM

I will jump on this.
(#47)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-13-2015, 08:08 AM

$199 Group Buy (plus shipping) for entire kit if we can meet 20+ sets.

1) shandyb135i
2) Nyulak
3) Nexic
4) FRNTHVY
5) Socket
6) CV135i
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

We are going to be shipping these free for all of our Newly Purchased RB Turbo setups going forward. If any customer of ours has had a NEW purchase of our turbos in the past 3 months we will honor a 50% off MSRP as well. Any other prior discount for our customers this GB is a way to get in for a great price.

As stated there are 50 sets currently being machined. After that, welding, then anodizing, then shipping. Hopefully this all happens in around 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 09-13-2015 at 09:06 PM..
(#48)
Old

Car: '10 335i
Default 09-13-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
You have to hand it to Rob though. He keeps making products for problems that dont even exist and the lemmings just keep eating it up.
Odd that only his turbos have oil/drain issues. If the drains were kinked and flow was hindered in any way we would all be smoking 24/7/365 from the oil backing up.
First his PVC was the solution now a few years later its the oil drains. Amazing.
Have you even finshied producing your mythical
Inlets yet before you began another groupbuy?
Or was the plan to just keep sucking as much money as possible before anyone noticed?
Who wouldn't want piece of mind? I'm not saying this will fix anything but it could be a preventative maintenance item down the road. We are pushing these turbos to their up most limits, I would rather have known I did everything I could to increase their longjevity.

Also, he is a small business owner, like Tony. If you don't innovate and create new products your business dies. I like the fact that Rob is looking for more ways to create improvements and reliability on this platform through his own research. Tony on the other hand, will knock it until he sees enough people wanting it, then he jumps in too. Remember the big Inlet debate?

Every business has failed products, some never recover and others become stronger after learning from the mistakes. Regardless of whether these will help our platform or become a flop, he is taking the time to innovate and develop products he feels in his experience will only help us. Most of us here have bought or will buy pointless mods, it's our addiction and Tony and Rob are only a few of our suppliers. I am happy to see people like Steve, Terry, Tony, Rob, etc continually release products for our almost 10 year old platform. This is why I bought the car, it's my toy and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
(#49)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-13-2015, 10:29 AM

Couple pics I snapped of these without anodizing, hose clamps, or heat shields; just do give you an idea of how they route the drain. 1st pic is rear, 2nd pic is front.
Attached Images

(#50)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi
Default 09-13-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexic
Who wouldn't want piece of mind? I'm not saying this will fix anything but it could be a preventative maintenance item down the road. We are pushing these turbos to their up most limits, I would rather have known I did everything I could to increase their longjevity.

Also, he is a small business owner, like Tony. If you don't innovate and create new products your business dies. I like the fact that Rob is looking for more ways to create improvements and reliability on this platform through his own research. Tony on the other hand, will knock it until he sees enough people wanting it, then he jumps in too. Remember the big Inlet debate?

Every business has failed products, some never recover and others become stronger after learning from the mistakes. Regardless of whether these will help our platform or become a flop, he is taking the time to innovate and develop products he feels in his experience will only help us. Most of us here have bought or will buy pointless mods, it's our addiction and Tony and Rob are only a few of our suppliers. I am happy to see people like Steve, Terry, Tony, Rob, etc continually release products for our almost 10 year old platform. This is why I bought the car, it's my toy and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
Well said.

Directly to the topic, I've often wondered why turbo oil feed & drain haven't gotten much attention on this platform - particularly with so many claims of smoking/leaking turbos (non-vendor specific).

It's positive to see a vendor finally focused on the preventative maintenance/longevity aspect of improvements for this platform.

Last edited by terryd5150; 09-13-2015 at 10:47 AM..