N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Default 05-21-2013, 03:18 PM

Are you guys changing any of the default settings or running it as is?

I am not sure what is even functional for the F10 at this point.

Alan
(#127)
Old

Car: 2011 F10
Default 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM

Since I have no other performance mods, I leave the settings and just use map 1.

Bill

2011 535i xDrive, Dark Graphite Metallic, Veneto Beige Dakota Leather, Technology Package, M Sport Package, Executive Package delivered Christmas Eve '10, Mods - quad tips, 20% tint, JB4.
(#128)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom
Since I have no other performance mods, I leave the settings and just use map 1.

Bill
Is stage 2 much of an upgrade over stage 1 if you have no other mods?
(#129)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default 05-21-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinsoldier
Yes...very worthwhile.
(#130)
Old

Default 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinsoldier
I would have to say that it feels very good. I can't say there is a big difference since I don't push it very often, but I would say that all round it is worth while.

Bill

2011 535i xDrive, Dark Graphite Metallic, Veneto Beige Dakota Leather, Technology Package, M Sport Package, Executive Package delivered Christmas Eve '10, Mods - quad tips, 20% tint, JB4.
(#131)
Old

Default 05-23-2013, 08:18 PM

What's the difference between this firmware and the 3/1 firmware? Is there a changelog?
(#132)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2013, 09:19 PM

No change logs for F10/F30 stuff at the moment. But various minor changes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#133)
Old

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to thirtyfiver
Default 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just follow the install PDF in the first post.
I will never buy a stage II until somebody makes a DETAILED install video. I watched the JB4 stage III video 10 times before I bought one.
(#134)
Old

Car: 335 E92
Default 05-26-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyfiver
I will never buy a stage II until somebody makes a DETAILED install video. I watched the JB4 stage III video 10 times before I bought one.
If you mean the N54...the N55 JB4 install is truly a piece of cake in comparison.

Last edited by tredirtyfive; 05-26-2013 at 11:42 PM..
(#135)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyfiver
One option is to hire an experienced tuner shop to install it for you. Once it's out of BETA we'll make a video but frankly we want those more experienced with installs / tuning in general handling the BETA stuff.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#136)
Old

Car: f30 335i
Default 05-29-2013, 03:24 AM

Hi Terry, for f30 335i, what is the difference between JB3 stage 1 on ** and set at +4.5 psi vs JB4 stage 2 map 2, in terms of power and smoothness? Thanks!
(#137)
Old

Default 05-29-2013, 09:40 AM

Nothing like going to update your firmware and finding out you've been in map 1 for who knows how long.
(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycat
Hi Terry, for f30 335i, what is the difference between JB3 stage 1 on ** and set at +4.5 psi vs JB4 stage 2 map 2, in terms of power and smoothness? Thanks!
The JB4 has direct solenoid control so makes a lot more power up top. And also offers lag reduction. But I have not done an F30 S1 vs S2 same day dyno comparison test. I'll have to do that one of these days.

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old

Car: F30 335
Default 05-29-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson524
Nothing like going to update your firmware and finding out you've been in map 1 for who knows how long.
Yea, I was on Map 0 for a while and I had no idea. Since that happened, I no longer use my Volume Down on the steering wheel.
(#140)
Old

Default 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM

When the JB4 S2 is in map 0, is it truly 100% bypass or is it just running a stock like boost setting?

I plan to bring my F10 in for service and will likely get the car reprogrammed so i don't want the JB to cause any communication errors. I know the tech so him seeing the JB isn't a concern but don't want to prevent him from doing the update either.

Alan

Last edited by Alan L.; 05-31-2013 at 08:53 AM..
(#141)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2013, 08:50 AM

It's a bypass.

Burger Motorsports

(#142)
Old

Default 06-12-2013, 08:15 AM

Thanks Terry.

So the dealer should have no problems updating my cars software in bypass mode i assume?
(#143)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L.
Thanks Terry.

So the dealer should have no problems updating my cars software in bypass mode i assume?
Correct.

Burger Motorsports

(#144)
Old

Default 06-17-2013, 07:47 PM

Could someone take a pic of where it taps into the CAN or explain which wires are to be tapped into? The instructions state the black/blue and yellow wires, but there happen to be multiples of each. Are we just working with the two closest to the end? The instruction picture leaves a bit of room for doubt. It looks like the yellow wire on the end, but the blue/black wire looks like it could be either the one next to the end or the one further down.
(#145)
Old

Car: BMW 535
Default 06-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Bill
Bill, how long does the update take? You do it from the engine bay with the connection at the module I assume?
(#146)
Old

Default 06-23-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4
Bill, how long does the update take? You do it from the engine bay with the connection at the module I assume?
Peter:

I usually run the usb cable from the module under the hood into the cabin where I have it plugged into my pc. You must run it with the power on but the engine off. It takes about 8 to 10 minutes to do the update. I make sure I've just put the car into accessory mode before I start so I know there is enough time for the update to complete before the car shuts off. You can see the progress on your pc's screen.

Bill

(#147)
Old

Default 06-23-2013, 04:25 PM

Thanks. So I'm using my iMac at home and I can't recognize the hex file, but I assume if I load the interface on my PC and the corresponding hex file, I should be able to use the interface to update the firmware...kinda scary, but I will read the instructions carefully. On another note, had 3 rims replaced under warranty (I have RIM/tire insurance) as they were out of round due to the stress caused by the stiff sidewalls on the run flats.
(#148)
Old

Default 06-23-2013, 04:28 PM

You should be alright as long as the interface works.

(#149)
Old

Default 06-23-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
You should be alright as long as the interface works.
LOL....that's the interface that says JB3 isn't it? I'm not really kidding.
(#150)
Old

Default 06-23-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4
LOL....that's the interface that says JB3 isn't it? I'm not really kidding.
The newer one does say JB4.