N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2019, 07:43 PM

Log map1 to start.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#427)
Old

Car: Honda Civic
Default 06-24-2019, 07:47 PM

Terry, I have already run with map 1,2 and 3. Right now I use map 3 and my car runs very fast but I would like to know if I can use map 4 and 5 with 93 octane petrol from Mexico Mobil. I have no problem
(#428)
Old

Car: Honda Civic Type R
Default 06-24-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Is there a specific timestamp on the map1 log you noticed the issue come up so I can focus in on the details?
Can you Look at 1700, 3150 and 4120. I would only notice at on Area on track, when in 5th WOT. I would get one or two jerks like running out of gas for a second
(#429)
Old

Car: Civic type r
Cool New to jb4 - 06-25-2019, 03:33 AM

What’ up guys am new to the jb4 I love it so far and I been looking at
All these posts it’s been really helpful.. I have A type r I just put it on map 4 30 percent e85 four gallons and the rest 93 oct is this safe ??
(#430)
Old

Car: Honda Civic type R
Default 06-25-2019, 08:22 AM

I would advise you to log map 1 and gradually build up once it has been properly reviewed , As type R has fueling issues it struggles with e85 blends. I can't believe nobody has done logs with ethanol yet but run it anyway without really knowing what's going on in there.
(#431)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alextyper
What’ up guys am new to the jb4 I love it so far and I been looking at
All these posts it’s been really helpful.. I have A type r I just put it on map 4 30 percent e85 four gallons and the rest 93 oct is this safe ??
Our testing with the R showed fuel pressure issues even on map1 with enough E85. So I'd have to see your specific logs for tuning advice! Some cars seem to be able to get away with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#432)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoTypeR
Can you Look at 1700, 3150 and 4120. I would only notice at on Area on track, when in 5th WOT. I would get one or two jerks like running out of gas for a second
Just sort of scanning along I can't see anything obvious in the logs. One test might be to use map6 to enter say 2.0 across the board and evaluate under similar conditions. Could it just be spark blow out from too large of a plug gap?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#433)
Old

Car: 2019 type r
Default 06-27-2019, 10:12 AM

Where do we send our logs too?
(#434)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-27-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffle69
Where do we send our logs too?
You can post the CSV file here for us to evaluate.

At the bottom of the reply box, click go advance. After that you will see a paperclip icon at the top. That's where you'll be able to upload the CSV file for us to check.

Burger Motorsports

(#435)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 10:50 AM

Terry,

Here's the log's 1st is 2-3 gear pull rest are 3-4 gear pulls feels like running out of fuel top of 4th gear running 93 oct map2 have k@n drop in filter ,prl intercooler, prl catted ******** and frontpipe outside temp 80 degress
(#436)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 10:51 AM

map 2
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-27 12_24_10_Map-2.csv (6.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-27 12_24_52_Map-2.csv (8.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-27 12_25_28_Map-2.csv (4.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-27 12_26_11_Map-2.csv (8.3 KB, 13 views)
(#437)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2019, 11:09 AM

Fuel pressure seems to be holding up. raise the octane a bit so we can rule that out. Maybe a can of MMT based octane booster like Lucas or NOS race.

Burger Motorsports

(#438)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fuel pressure seems to be holding up. raise the octane a bit so we can rule that out. Maybe a can of MMT based octane booster like Lucas or NOS race.
Ok will try that, everything else look good?
(#439)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2019, 11:49 AM

Yes looks OK to me in the logs

Burger Motorsports

(#440)
Old

Car: Accord 1.5T
Default 06-28-2019, 10:28 PM

so, just picked up JB4 today. Installed and did some good pulls on MAP-1, at least i think. Set-up: Accord 1.5T stock. 91 octane and its about 101F here in AZ. Let me know what you think.

Im a newbie.With that been said any input helps. Thank You
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-28 18_36_52_Map-1.csv (15.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-28 20_07_02_Map-1.csv (9.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-28 18_37_58_Map-1.csv (8.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-28 20_08_09_Map-1.csv (8.5 KB, 5 views)
(#441)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatanR
so, just picked up JB4 today. Installed and did some good pulls on MAP-1, at least i think. Set-up: Accord 1.5T stock. 91 octane and its about 101F here in AZ. Let me know what you think.

Im a newbie.With that been said any input helps. Thank You
Given the low octane and high temps doesn't look that bad. ~0.66KR is lower than I'd expect. I'd keep it on map1 though on the 91 as KR will probably work it's way up.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#442)
Old

Car: 2019 Civic Type R
Default 07-02-2019, 01:24 PM

I just got the jb4 for my type r and I have a few questions.
1- Where in the app can you see which firmware you are running? I just updated to 1.04 but I was never able to see what version I was running.
2- I see screenshots with bar graphs. Where are they in the app?
3- IAT in the app. Is that before or after the intercooler temps?
4- Is it possible to show peak boost in the app?
5- Is there a recommended app for csv files? I can only open with excel.
6- I just ordered the throttle controller, any compatibility concerns?

Thanks
(#443)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yjmebs
I just got the jb4 for my type r and I have a few questions.
1- Where in the app can you see which firmware you are running? I just updated to 1.04 but I was never able to see what version I was running.
2- I see screenshots with bar graphs. Where are they in the app?
3- IAT in the app. Is that before or after the intercooler temps?
4- Is it possible to show peak boost in the app?
5- Is there a recommended app for csv files? I can only open with excel.
6- I just ordered the throttle controller, any compatibility concerns?

Thanks
1) Firmware and interface versions are on the user adjustment page under read only, towards the bottom
2) You can chart in the app, or via the windows JB4 interface software
3) After. TransTemp is "MAF" temp before intercooler.
4) I think it's an app option but you can ask Donnie directly in the JB4 mobile thread.
5) The JB4 windows interface, linked in the first post
6) Won't be any issues, we sell our own Honda pedal tuner as well for $179.

Burger Motorsports

(#444)
Old

Car: 2019 Civic Type R
Default 07-02-2019, 03:27 PM

I ordered the Throttle controller from you guys today.

So am I on the most updated firmware? 1.04
(#445)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 07-02-2019, 03:29 PM

Peak boost - double tap boost gauge!
(#446)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yjmebs
I ordered the Throttle controller from you guys today.

So am I on the most updated firmware? 1.04
Yes!

Burger Motorsports

(#447)
Old

Car: Honda Civic
Unhappy Problem - 07-17-2019, 05:31 PM

hello terry, i have a problem with my jb4 or the jb4 mobile. My car works well but sometimes the Target stops working and stays at 0. I already update my app and also the firmware and it stays the same. Could you help me solve this problem please? Tell me where to accommodate that or why do that, the car works the same but the Target stays at 0. Do you think it could be the app? or is it problem with jb4?:corazón roto:
(#448)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 08:01 AM

Send a log when it's at 0, maybe you are triggering a safety system within the JB4.

Burger Motorsports