N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1751)
Old

Car: Bmw x1 28i 2016
Default X3m40i - 01-27-2020, 07:16 PM

Can somebody tell me what is the best firmware for my x3m40i.

Im on firmware 11 and i see firmware 13 is out now with map 4 ( 6.5 psi with 93oct ).

What do you think ?
(#1752)
Old
B58_Dude

Car: M240i
Default 01-27-2020, 07:49 PM

The newest firmware is located on the first page of this thread under the last picture (The engine bay) in Terry's post.

JB4_B48_B58_14_T11.hex

I recommend always using the newest firmware whenever they update it.

Yes the maps are different, I would definitely data log map 0 for a baseline then map 1 before moving onto the others. Once you get a log of the new map I would recommend posting it in the "Support & Log Review" Forum. Either Terry or one of the other BMS support will review it.

Ex: I was running map 3 for a couple of weeks posted it and my trims were maxing out and it was not ideal for my car (M240i). Thus with 93 octane map 1 is basically the safest and most ideal for me to be running.

Hope this helps, I would still wait for one of the support guys though on their advice!

Last edited by Ke90; 01-27-2020 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: Update it to be cleaner and more accurate
(#1753)
Old

Car: 2020 BMW 440i Xdrive Convertible
Default 01-28-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looking for some G Chassis B58s to test the new B58 CANflap support.

Terry I tried the test firmware on my 2020 F33 and the CANFlaps are working now!
(#1754)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-28-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFar
Terry I tried the test firmware on my 2020 F33 and the CANFlaps are working now!
Sweet!!!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1755)
Old

Default 01-28-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Sweet!!!
I only did 1 logged pull with gears 1-4 on v15 and it looked very good. Nice and smooth trims, boost, and AFR. If 1 log is useful Iíll send it in or post it.
(#1756)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-29-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I only did 1 logged pull with gears 1-4 on v15 and it looked very good. Nice and smooth trims, boost, and AFR. If 1 log is useful Iíll send it in or post it.
Post it, lets take a look!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1757)
Old

Default 01-31-2020, 04:36 PM

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-28 16_09_20_Map-2.csv (23.1 KB, 23 views)
(#1758)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-03-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Here you go.
Looks really good!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1759)
Old

Car: 440i
Default 02-06-2020, 09:04 AM

Morning BurgerFolks!

I just bought one of your early beta JB4 units for the B58, with the metal housing.

Can you tell me - is the unit weather resistant? Have there been any hardware changes since this unit was produced?

Thanks!
(#1760)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-06-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan
Morning BurgerFolks!

I just bought one of your early beta JB4 units for the B58, with the metal housing.

Can you tell me - is the unit weather resistant? Have there been any hardware changes since this unit was produced?

Thanks!
Yes, but moisture and condensation can still get through if you put it near a rain drain under the hood.

Burger Motorsports

(#1761)
Old

Car: 440i
Default 02-06-2020, 05:48 PM

Thanks Payam - can you tell me if there have been any hardware changes/updates since this unit was produced? Thank you!
(#1762)
Old

Car: 2016 340i xdrive
Default 02-07-2020, 04:31 PM

Hey everyone.
2016 340i x drive here, so far my mods are:
Jb4, BMS intake, ctsturbo **, ngkplugs gapped at .22, 550i luk clutch upgrade.

I have a few logs in 3rd if anyone is able to review. I run map 5 usually and I live in the midwest in kentucky

Edit: apparently mobile uploads of csvs dont work. I'll upload on a computer shortly.

Last edited by rawrrxd340iX; 02-07-2020 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Files didnt upload and now I look like a doofus
(#1763)
Old

Car: 2016 340i xdrive
Default 02-07-2020, 04:53 PM

here are the logs.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-04 15_51_42_Map-4.csv (7.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-07 11_40_48_Map-5.csv (9.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-07 11_41_36_Map-5.csv (7.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-07 11_40_26_Map-5.csv (10.2 KB, 7 views)
(#1764)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2020, 06:11 PM

Added v15 firmware to the JB4 firmware database linked in the first post to start to get some logs in.

v15 BETA

1) Revised map guide, map4 is now absolute 20psi map and map5 absolute 22psi map, especially useful for Supra/M340i applications on E85 mixtures.
2) Revised boost control system for vehicles equipped with the EWG connector. Set duty bias to 50 across the board as the new default settings.
3) Added CANflap support for newer models.
4) Adjusted FF to save unique values per map to facilitate boost targeting during on the fly map changes.
5) Added speed logging parameter.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#1765)
Old
Super Moderator

Default Today, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan
Thanks Payam - can you tell me if there have been any hardware changes/updates since this unit was produced? Thank you!
I think minor changes to the board, nothing major that would need attention.

Burger Motorsports