N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#876)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2018, 06:17 PM

Going to remove the avgtiming scaling from map3 and I don't thin its serving the purpose I wanted here with the BEF maps. Update to T11 and test.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#877)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 04-03-2018, 06:26 AM

Morning Terry,
Here are some logs with T11. Wondering why yesterday psi was around 18 and today 20+
So, 60 adder will go up to what psi? because I have 22psi as safe boost. Trying to get a flat curve with 20 or 21psi max to not stress too much the hpfp.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.

Last edited by Yoandry; 04-03-2018 at 05:39 PM..
(#878)
Old

Default 04-04-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Map3 is map1 + adder. Do a log without wheel spin. Try 5th maybe.
Which will be the best option for Meth safety mode and Meth trigger mode? I have both on 0 by default. If I use map 6, adder has to be 0 right?

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#879)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default 04-04-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Going to remove the avgtiming scaling from map3 and I don't thin its serving the purpose I wanted here with the BEF maps. Update to T11 and test.
Remembered to finally try and log on my way to work yesterday. See map3 log attached from gears 4-5, mods in description.

2013 335i F30 PWG | N55 JB4 ISO + MHD | Pure Stg 2 + FBO | BMS Meth kit | Fuel-It! Stg2 LPFP
(#880)
Old

Default 04-04-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchtragedy
Remembered to finally try and log on my way to work yesterday. See map3 log attached from gears 4-5, mods in description.
We got pretty much the same setup. Im just missing the stg2 lpfp. Are you using e85?

(#881)
Old

Default 04-04-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoandry
We got pretty much the same setup. Im just missing the stg2 lpfp. Are you using e85?
I've tried E85 blends but since I don't have ethanol sensor set up my experience has been inconsistent when compared to just running Meth. The nearest E85 station is 2 hours from me so meth is just easier for me to get from a local guy at the racetrack and is way more consistent with about the same result as E85. The LPFP upgrade was so I could try E85, but mainly because I wanted to run port injection but changed my mind and going port meth injection instead. Just due to E85 and sourcing issues vs. meth I am sticking with meth.

2013 335i F30 PWG | N55 JB4 ISO + MHD | Pure Stg 2 + FBO | BMS Meth kit | Fuel-It! Stg2 LPFP
(#882)
Old

Default 04-04-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I've tried E85 blends but since I don't have ethanol sensor set up my experience has been inconsistent when compared to just running Meth. The nearest E85 station is 2 hours from me so meth is just easier for me to get from a local guy at the racetrack and is way more consistent with about the same result as E85. The LPFP upgrade was so I could try E85, but mainly because I wanted to run port injection but changed my mind and going port meth injection instead. Just due to E85 and sourcing issues vs. meth I am sticking with meth.
Sounds good. I was debating too with Meth vs PI and I end up with meth. Using boost juice 50/50 for now but I will like to try 100% at some point.

(#883)
Old

Default 04-04-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Sounds good. I was debating too with Meth vs PI and I end up with meth. Using boost juice 50/50 for now but I will like to try 100% at some point.
I run 90/10 blend. I used to run boost juice but when I got the PS2 my fuel trims were maxing out pretty bad. I swapped to 90/10 blend and after more logging I finally settled on dual CM10/CM10 nozzles in the CP. Car seems happy with it but can empty the 3 gal meth tank pretty quickly it seems. So that's why I decided to try the swap over to direct port meth injection (got Fuel-It kit on the shelf) just needing to schedule a day to install it all. From what I've read on here on various posts it performs better and consumes less fuel than the CP nozzles do.

(#884)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 08:00 AM

Anyone knows where is the meth flow dash light options in T11?

(#885)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Rebumping for log review plz :D

(#886)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 05:49 PM

Does Terry forgot about this thread? 3 days now with not log review. lol Here is another log.

Also, I have my meth flow starting at 8psi but I have notice that the meth gauge doesn't read 100 if it is not at WOT. Normal pedal around 60-70% when pass 8psi dont know if it actually spraying meth.

Last edited by Yoandry; 04-06-2018 at 03:51 AM..
(#887)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2018, 08:48 PM

I check in and review the posted data for our development purposes as time allows. Thanks for the data!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#888)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Rebumping for log review plz :D
Looks good to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#889)
Old

Default 04-06-2018, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Looks good to me.
Terry,
How my logs look?
What about meth spraying or not after set psi but not at wot. Is not showing on gauge.

(#890)
Old

Car: 435i Coupe
Default 04-06-2018, 04:42 AM

Yoandry,

I have a 2015 F32 currently on JB4 with Meth Spay. **, Straight Pipe, IC...Since the firmware updated caused the engine light came on and sometimes “Full driver train not available” warning has driving me nuts. I was thinking to do the MHD bef/JB4 like yours. Can you share with me?
Is the engine light warning go away?
How is the car runs compared to JB4 only?
Would turbo upgrade work well with the MHD FLASH?
There is a claim on YouTube stated his car running much better, smoother shift. I appreciated you sharing your experiences and any additional technical advice.

B
(#891)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 04-06-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435MSPORT
Yoandry,

I have a 2015 F32 currently on JB4 with Meth Spay. **, Straight Pipe, IC...Since the firmware updated caused the engine light came on and sometimes “Full driver train not available” warning has driving me nuts. I was thinking to do the MHD bef/JB4 like yours. Can you share with me?
There is a claim on YouTube stated his car running much better, smoother shift. I appreciated you sharing your experiences and any additional technical advice.

B
MUCHHHHHH Better. It is so much better with BEF.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#892)
Old

Default 04-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435MSPORT
Yoandry,

B
Yes, with MHD Bef is definitely better than just jb4. Drivertrain malfunction still showing on idrive.

(#893)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Terry,
How my logs look?
What about meth spraying or not after set psi but not at wot. Is not showing on gauge.
Log looks OK to me. The meth signal comes on when meth is close to full flow, not when the pump is first fired up. It takes 1/2 - 3/4 second for the pump to get up to full flow during runs.

Burger Motorsports

(#894)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 04-07-2018, 06:40 AM

Terry, does FOL autotune in the ISO? Secondly, does the BEF enable us to lower the FOL value at all?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#895)
Old

Car: M135ix
Default 04-08-2018, 03:05 PM

i'm getting the drive train message too on idrive , indeed a bit weird , as all other error code tools i have dont show any faults ( jb4 , carly app and torque )
(#896)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Terry, does FOL autotune in the ISO? Secondly, does the BEF enable us to lower the FOL value at all?
FOL does not adjust itself, not a big factor once a BEF is loaded. Use it to fine tune fuel trims between 0-50 if needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#897)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 04-08-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_H_O_M_A_S
i'm getting the drive train message too on idrive , indeed a bit weird , as all other error code tools i have dont show any faults ( jb4 , carly app and torque )
It’s definitely the JB4 iso. I never got it before iso, haven’t gotten it since I removed it and went back to Stage 1.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#898)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_H_O_M_A_S
We tried to turn off a few codes in the back end flash but didn't work. Email over the BEF and we can ensure you have the latest one, so you can see what code you're getting, exactly.

Burger Motorsports

(#899)
Old

Car: M135ix
Default 04-08-2018, 04:18 PM

ok ive mailed david about the issue
(#900)
Old

Default 04-08-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
We tried to turn off a few codes in the back end flash but didn't work. Email over the BEF and we can ensure you have the latest one, so you can see what code you're getting, exactly.
Arent all the bef from the thread the latest one. Also they are for big turbo too right? I just flash the race 4c to see if fix drivertrain error.