N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2301)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0 Premium AWD
Default 02-12-2018, 12:46 AM

How many minutes for install? Is it a DIY install?
(#2302)
Old

Car: q60
Default 02-12-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
We got the heat exchanger up on the website.
Red Sport guys sorry, got to wait a littler longer.

Applications

• 2016+ Q50 Silver Sport
• 2016+ Q60 Silver Sport
• 2018+ Q50 3.0t Lux
Does not fit Red Sport

*made in USA
http://www.burgertuning.com/infiniti...exchanger.html
Hey Ando, what is the difference with the Red sports? Is it the oil cooler?

thanks!
(#2303)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 09:04 AM

The same cooler fits the red sport but it also requires an extra bracket we haven't finished yet.

Installation is relatively straight forward and simple.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2304)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-12-2018, 09:09 AM

Install is pretty easy and straight forward.
What takes time is the removal and install of the front bumper.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2305)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default 02-12-2018, 09:28 AM

Is this additional cooling required for boost up to +5 or is it for running higher boost with fuel additives please?
(#2306)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 09:42 AM

Not required at all. Just another modification we offer. It's most useful for those running a lot of boost doing longer runs or back to back runs.

Burger Motorsports

(#2307)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default 02-12-2018, 09:49 AM

Thanks Terry
(#2308)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 02-12-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
We got the heat exchanger up on the website.
Red Sport guys sorry, got to wait a littler longer.

Applications

• 2016+ Q50 Silver Sport
• 2016+ Q60 Silver Sport
• 2018+ Q50 3.0t Lux
Does not fit Red Sport
How much longer, what's the current ETA?
(#2309)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 02-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Don't have ETA, but we are working on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2310)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 02-12-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Don't have ETA, but we are working on it.
Thanks. Do you have any pics of the heat exchanger installed?
(#2311)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 02-12-2018, 03:33 PM

Here is a picture of the prototype on the car.
Only difference is the end tanks are slightly smaller on the released version on the right.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2312)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 02-12-2018, 04:59 PM

Are you going to modify the front grill to allow for more air flow or are you going to keep it hidden behind the grill?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2313)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-12-2018, 06:19 PM

We don't suggest any additional modification if you plan to revert the car back to stock some day. But obviously with any DIY there is room for improvement should you decide to open things up further.

Burger Motorsports

(#2314)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default 02-13-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We don't suggest any additional modification if you plan to revert the car back to stock some day. But obviously with any DIY there is room for improvement should you decide to open things up further.
The intakes will not cause warranty issues will they? i have a leased vehicle.

Thanks

Also i have a Q50 premium non sport AWD 3.0T i didn't see this model listed on the purchase page (ignore my avatar i was confused about models when i signed up)? is it compatible?

Last edited by VirusbetaX; 02-13-2018 at 06:50 AM..
(#2315)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 02-13-2018, 09:35 AM

Any aftermarket part/tune has the potential to void your warranty if seen during warranty work.
It's Silver Sport with Premium non sport AWD package. Both will work on your car.

Burger Motorsports

(#2316)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 02-13-2018, 10:46 PM

Intake will be here in 2 days but I have a question. Do the filters have a velocity stack?

2016 Infiniti Q50 RS
JB4 / Sport Muffler
(#2317)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-13-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMEGA
Intake will be here in 2 days but I have a question. Do the filters have a velocity stack?
Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#2318)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 02-14-2018, 08:31 AM

I just order my intake
(#2319)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-14-2018, 04:22 PM

Ok - let’s start by saying that the BMS CAI is not quite as easy an install as the directions appear. As with the JB4, take your time and do some recon first (e.g. the air box “clip” is not anything you need to force but you will probably feel like you want to - I’m sure mechanics know the trick but honestly I just spent time trying various things until the metal loop on the back came loose - more detailed instructions here would be nice.) This also goes for the passenger side shiny metal air box bracket that you will have to remove to free up the hole for the BMS CAI “short” MAF housing bracket - not mentioned in the instructions but fairly obvious it had to be removed. I used the plastic zip bags the BMS materials came in to store the OEM bolts and bracket.

All that said, I was done in under 2hrs. No engine codes - no problems (fingers crossed) - one test run done. The turbo high pitch spooling sound is only noticeable when you get on it - otherwise the car sounds like stock - hit the gas and it sounds like a turbine spooling up (go figure... )

All in all so far so good and it appears to be another well designed BMS product -Kudos to Terry and the BMS team!!

Some install photos below:
Attached Images

(#2320)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 02-14-2018, 07:31 PM

After you took some runs with them did you check them to see if they were warm to the touch since they are more exposed to then engine heat?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2321)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-14-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
After you took some runs with them did you check them to see if they were warm to the touch since they are more exposed to then engine heat?
No - but I will do so at the first chance I get. Took it on a run to/from the store and did not even know the CAI was installed (normal pedal driving - that’s a good thing in my book.) However as noted before - get on the gas and the sound of the car is accentuated with a distinct turbine spinning up sound - nice addition to the otherwise stock car sound.
(#2322)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-14-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
No - but I will do so at the first chance I get. Took it on a run to/from the store and did not even know the CAI was installed (normal pedal driving - that’s a good thing in my book.) However as noted before - get on the gas and the sound of the car is accentuated with a distinct turbine spinning up sound - nice addition to the otherwise stock car sound.
Thank you for the review, glad you're enjoying the intakes! I really do agree on how much of a difference the intakes do sound while WOT.

Burger Motorsports

(#2323)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
You'll find almost no IAT difference when monitoring your JB4 logs before and after. When time permits I'll do some fun back to back testing for you skeptics to hammer the point home.

Burger Motorsports

(#2324)
Old

Car: q60
Default 02-14-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
I don't see how open air filters will heat up any more than the stock set up..it's possible the after market ones might heat up slightly faster...but after a short drive both intakes are gonna be hot.

And the aftermarket intakes have a lot less restriction.
(#2325)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 02-15-2018, 09:20 AM

Nice review.
On the install - Since we have installed the same thing over and over again during R&D I think we just forgot it could be a little challenging for first time installers.

Burger Motorsports