N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Bicycle
Default E89 Z4 BEF 29F3 Code - 06-22-2018, 03:03 PM

I am running into a situation with a BMS BEF for a 2012 Z4 with an INA0S software. After flashing the car keeps looking for a low pressure fuel sensor when this doesnít have one, throwing a code 29F3. Is there something I need to turn off when I flash using MHD? Any help is appreciated. If you have any pointers Iíd greatly appreciate it. Load a different software version maybe?

Also, are there any ways to load the GTS transmission software into a Z4 DCT? Solutions like MHD and the like? Much appreciated for all the help!
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-22-2018, 06:11 PM

Can you get a log or screen shot of the code? Does it automatically start up with that? MHD is dummy proof so you can't really load the wrong flash per ecu.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-24-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Can you get a log or screen shot of the code? Does it automatically start up with that? MHD is dummy proof so you can't really load the wrong flash per ecu.
Immediately after flashing the car with either Stage0 or with any of the posted BEF on the main N54 thread, the car once started throws a check engine light and puts the car into limp mode. The following screenshots of what was flashed and the codes pulled up:

PS: Also tried to use the MHD Stage 0 where it leaves MHD installed at stock power levels and it did the same thing.

(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-25-2018, 08:35 AM

Best would be to email MHD directly. From what I see it looks okay, but no idea why the car runs like that after a flash.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-27-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Best would be to email MHD directly. From what I see it looks okay, but no idea why the car runs like that after a flash.
I wanted to keep anyone who search this thread in the future informed in the event they run into the same issue, I got to the bottom of the problem.

@Payam, I did contact MHD based on your advice. MHD made the recommendation, since this is an E89 Z4 35i and not an iS to use the IJE0S bin files to flash. Even though this car came with an INA0S SW. This flash made everything work, it still has the 29F3 low pressure sensor code in the DME but it doesn't set a check engine light which is perfect.

Thanks for the help.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-27-2018, 08:54 AM

Wow nice man, that is very helpful and I'm glad you posted that. So it was an Ijeos bin that ultimately worked?

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: Z4 35i
Default 08-16-2019, 04:04 AM

I have the same problem. I'm using the latest IJE0S_RACE.bin file. I was already ordering a low pressure sensor but luckily i didn't. It would be nice to get rid of the 29F3 code.

E89 Z4 35i
(#8)
Old

Default 08-16-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krampus
I have the same problem. I'm using the latest IJE0S_RACE.bin file. I was already ordering a low pressure sensor but luckily i didn't. It would be nice to get rid of the 29F3 code.
Itís possible if you have access to Tunerpro. Just download the XDF files and you should be able to turn that code off.
(#9)
Old

Car: Z4 35i
Default 08-16-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
Itís possible if you have access to Tunerpro. Just download the XDF files and you should be able to turn that code off.

What value should I enter to turn off the sensor? Is the picture right? I'm trying to edit the E85 map ..

E89 Z4 35i