N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: i
Default Please help, no a clue as to what's going on.... - 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Just recently I replaced the injectors, HPFP, plugs and coolant. I Went to do a log for the first time since all of that was done yesterday morning. I dropped it into 3rd and hit it at 2,500rpms. After 2 seconds the car just stopped and fell on her face, but still managed to run. My tach needles went left to right and I was able to drive slowly to work. I scanned the car with the mdh app and received (shadow codes) 2D5F and 2FD8. The Jb4 was setill set to map2 as well. No codes on my thrown on my way to work today, but I did set JB4 to map 0. I'm running E85 with mhd back end custom tune as well.
Log https://***********/u/theknot83/log-...log=0&data=1-4
Myles
(#2)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 10-13-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixbanger
Just recently I replaced the injectors, HPFP, plugs and coolant. I Went to do a log for the first time since all of that was done yesterday morning. I dropped it into 3rd and hit it at 2,500rpms. After 2 seconds the car just stopped and fell on her face, but still managed to run. My tach needles went left to right and I was able to drive slowly to work. I scanned the car with the mdh app and received (shadow codes) 2D5F and 2FD8. The Jb4 was setill set to map2 as well. No codes on my thrown on my way to work today, but I did set JB4 to map 0. I'm running E85 with mhd back end custom tune as well.
Log https://***********/u/theknot83/log-...log=0&data=1-4
Myles
Post the log in the forum here,not post w website link

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG 8AT | "Pureboost.de Tune" + MHD Flasher | xHP Stage 3 transmission Tune | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | Custom Turbo Inlet Pipe | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-14-2017, 11:16 AM

+1

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old

Default 10-17-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
+1
Log attached was a couple days ago. I've changed HPFP, Injectors, plugs and coils that past 4-5 months. Tuner sent me revised map, and my boost fail safe was set to 18. I bumped that up that field to 21 and still flatlining and runs like crap. I dont know whats wrong? safety field was at 1.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-10-12 10_24_04.csv (3.3 KB, 104 views)
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 10-17-2017, 08:21 PM

Log is pretty short but looks pretty normal thus far.

I'd suggest switching to one of the standard BEF's just to confirm the flash isn't an issue.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old

Default 10-18-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Log is pretty short but looks pretty normal thus far.

I'd suggest switching to one of the standard BEF's just to confirm the flash isn't an issue.
I did just that and I'm still getting flatlining, jb4 resets and puts me in safe mode.
I've attached pics of my settings too....
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-10-18 18_57_07.csv (3.0 KB, 99 views)
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2017, 04:38 PM

Didn't trigger safety in log above?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 10-18-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Didn't trigger safety in log above?
I'm sorry Terry? Don't understand what youre asking?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2017, 08:27 AM

You said it went to map4, but the log shows it didn't.

You'll need to post some longer and more conclusive logs because as it stands I can't tell if you have a tuning problem at all no less what it is.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 10-19-2017, 09:19 AM

Excuse me, I said the wrong thing, you're correct, map didn't change, however the JB4 is now resetting every time I accelerate hard. I'm not able to do a full log because right before I hit 3k, rpm's drop then I get off gas and let it go down back to idle.

I re-wired my jb4 2 weeks ago, and its been running great until this started up on Saturday. I've tried different stock back end maps, different custom tunes from my tuner and switching to map1 too. I'm now running no JB4 map, no MHD BEF and 4/2 is set to 4/3 now. The problem is still occuring. I just hope to God it's not my Turbos going.
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2017, 09:32 AM

I'm still not following you. How do you run "no JB4 map"?

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 10-19-2017, 10:00 AM

Iím running map 0, back end turned off 4/3
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2017, 10:04 AM

Leave it on map1, mode 4/2 with the BEF, and do some longer logs on that showcasing the issue.

If the JB4 is "turning off" or resetting, that sounds electrical. Maybe grab a new JB4 harness?

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 10-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Leave it on map1, mode 4/2 with the BEF, and do some longer logs on that showcasing the issue.

If the JB4 is "turning off" or resetting, that sounds electrical. Maybe grab a new JB4 harness?
What wire should I be really be worried about? What's funny is that this happens right before 3k and its a pretty compliant issue. When this "crash" happens I have to get off the gas, that's why I can't continue the log. That's why the log is short. Then safety mode number is 1.
(#15)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 05-03-2018, 02:36 PM

Did you figure out what the issue was? Iím seeing a similar issue, Iíve even tried a different MHD tune and turn off the jb4 completely map 0, 4/4 (still wired in). Could it be a jb4 wiring issue messing with the dme even when switched off?
(#16)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-26-2019, 05:57 PM

Did u guys figure this out? I am having the same issue now.. mine happened around 4k rpms.. happens with or without jb4.. so I now believe is not jb4 related I just co formed that fully removing jb4.
I did also read that 2D5F and 2BA2 codes.
Help.
(#17)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-22-2019, 06:42 PM

same thing happening here anyone else?
(#18)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Problem has been fixed! I reached out to the member BeGooD69 and he had told me his problem was with ignition ground. I checked my ignition ground wiring and 2 of my ignition coil grounds were loose on the bolt and I tightened the bolts, erased the codes and the issue has yet to come back!
(#19)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i Manuel
Default 07-11-2019, 08:12 AM

hello Need some help jb4 is working I can see it wit my app at the phone all settings is work I got no codes no boost leak turbos are healthy no rattle n54 335i I cheak menu 4 is 4.3 safety boost on 18 last firmware update all dome. I have no idea where is problem would u suggest me something? Its impossible to have same boost 8.5 on each map 1.2.5*