N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 0-60 Calculation and Feedback - 03-08-2019, 12:11 PM

0-60 functionality in JB4 Mobile:

As long as your vehicle/JB4 Firmware supports outputting the MPH parameter (MPH gauge), your 0-60 times should be automatically calculated whenever you take a log that contains a 0-60 pull.

To view your 0-60 time, tap a log in the Export page of JB4 Mobile. The 0-60 time should be displayed in the popup window if the log has one.

Let me know if you notice any discrepancies with your time calculations or have any feedback regarding this in general.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#2)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 03-12-2019, 01:41 PM

Good afternoon. Got my JB4 installed today...and played around with some runs and logging. What an awesome device !!

I did notice the little pop up with my best 0-60. I have a G70 3.3T...running Map 2...with 93 octane. No fuel wires (yet).

I see 4.275 sec without launch control. I then did launch control and it went down to 4.250...so 0.025 seconds better (not very much).

How does this work? Is it based on the logs (throttle at 70% start, etc)...or does it calculate true 0-60 based on when the cars goes above 0 mph until 60 mph from the OBDII?

The car is 4.5 seconds per Genesis. I just thought I would get better than 1/4 off the stock time. I was really expecting a full 1/2 second better based on all the crazy stories and graphs, etc. Now this is based on the app obviously.

My butt dyno tends to disagree...and it feels like a monster !

I need to get my hands on a Dragy perhaps...just don't feel like dropping another $150.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks !

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#3)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 03-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Hello,

Does "output mph parameter" mean it collects data in the csv? I don't have to display the actual MPH gauge in the display right?
I'm running the Honda firmware,
Does this work for Android? I'll be sure to try it soon!

Thanks!
(#4)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 03-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
0-60 functionality in JB4 Mobile:

As long as your vehicle/JB4 Firmware supports outputting the MPH parameter (MPH gauge), your 0-60 times should be automatically calculated whenever you take a log that contains a 0-60 pull.

To view your 0-60 time, tap a log in the Export page of JB4 Mobile. The 0-60 time should be displayed in the popup window if the log has one.

Let me know if you notice any discrepancies with your time calculations or have any feedback regarding this in general.
How is it "calculated" ? Does it take wheelspin into consideration ? I had a log that showed 2.7 0 to 60 on a launch with wheelspin. Theres no way my heavy E93 sprints that fast. Its around 4.1 on the street per Dragy. Even if it were like the magazines with 1 ft roll out it would be high 3s.
(#5)
Old

Default 03-18-2019, 01:08 PM

Several questions have been asked here...and no answers.

Is this thread being monitored?

Thanks.

(#6)
Old
Legend

Default 03-18-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
Good afternoon. Got my JB4 installed today...and played around with some runs and logging. What an awesome device !!

I did notice the little pop up with my best 0-60. I have a G70 3.3T...running Map 2...with 93 octane. No fuel wires (yet).

I see 4.275 sec without launch control. I then did launch control and it went down to 4.250...so 0.025 seconds better (not very much).

How does this work? Is it based on the logs (throttle at 70% start, etc)...or does it calculate true 0-60 based on when the cars goes above 0 mph until 60 mph from the OBDII?

The car is 4.5 seconds per Genesis. I just thought I would get better than 1/4 off the stock time. I was really expecting a full 1/2 second better based on all the crazy stories and graphs, etc. Now this is based on the app obviously.

My butt dyno tends to disagree...and it feels like a monster !

I need to get my hands on a Dragy perhaps...just don't feel like dropping another $150.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks !
I can't comment on your times or anything (the subsection for your vehicle would be better for info on that), but here's basically how it works:
We scan the log file for all speed ranges (based SOLELY on the MPH parameter) that starts with zero and goes past 60. From there we find the fastest run and display that with the log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgklim
Hello,

Does "output mph parameter" mean it collects data in the csv? I don't have to display the actual MPH gauge in the display right?
I'm running the Honda firmware,
Does this work for Android? I'll be sure to try it soon!

Thanks!
Yes it uses the logging data directly so there's no need to have a 'MPH' gauge active. Yes, it works on Android too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
How is it "calculated" ? Does it take wheelspin into consideration ? I had a log that showed 2.7 0 to 60 on a launch with wheelspin. Theres no way my heavy E93 sprints that fast. Its around 4.1 on the street per Dragy. Even if it were like the magazines with 1 ft roll out it would be high 3s.
Info on that is above. No wheelspin considered. If you can send me some log examples I can see about modifying the logic to increase the accuracy if needed.

Quote:
Several questions have been asked here...and no answers.

Is this thread being monitored?

Thanks.
Still monitored, just busy most of the time so I can't get on here as often.

Trying to bring some new team members up-to-speed on this stuff so they can assist with these questions on the forum as well.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#7)
Old

Default 03-19-2019, 05:00 AM

Thank you for replying.

How accurate is the 0-60. Since the logging grabs data points...what are the intervals in time?

Folks in other boards are saying that it is not accurate...and only using a Dragy, etc gives you very accurate times.

(#8)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 03-19-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Thank you for replying.

How accurate is the 0-60. Since the logging grabs data points...what are the intervals in time?

Folks in other boards are saying that it is not accurate...and only using a Dragy, etc gives you very accurate times.
A dragy is considered a more accurate time as the GPS speed is generally more accurate than your speedo will display
(#9)
Old
Legend

Default 03-30-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Thank you for replying.

The 0-60 time in JB4 Mobile currently isn't as accurate as something like Dragy, but it should give you something semi-close to your actual time.

(#10)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 09-19-2019, 08:16 AM

My JB4 logs mph, but the speed isn't accurate when viewing the log. I'll do a 3rd gear pull and the mph starts at 15mph and ends at 35mph. This normal or am I missing a setting?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-17 16_42_48_Map-6.csv (10.3 KB, 9 views)

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4-BEF FBO