N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 09-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The new flash change builds on that with a high fuel scalar in the cranking and idle areas. Let me know if it further helps!
Oic. Yes I think with 11d e85 bef, I would still occasionally get a stall when the auto start stop was on but with this new e85 ign bef it feels fine. Will this higher fuel scalar at cold start up be in say test 12 firmware ? Or if you can email it to me at sublian@optusnet.com.au

Tx Terry

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018 gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#77)
Old

Car: F80
Default 09-26-2018, 10:20 AM

After I load The bef with thy’all s55 race file. What setting does my jb4?setting map go on ?
(#78)
Old

Default 09-26-2018, 10:28 AM

All I have is Donnie’s I stil run race
(#79)
Old

Car: 2016 M4
Default 09-26-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Oh wow! Ill take a look at my settings. Because my car is totally stock in exhaust it could prolly do with more burble in Sports mode ��

Should I be selecting the option Oem/Catted *** too?
I initially tried the various burble options when the car was set up with k@tless VRSF tubes and stock mid/muffler - everything other than OEM seemed ridiculous and obnoxious when in traffic.

By far the best addition to the ears was installing the Active Autowerkes midsection, which really made anything other than OEM burble settings sound silly. However, the fumes from straight exhaust were just too much and I recently swapped the VRSF tubes for a set of catt'd AR Design. This took care of the fume issue (so the wife is happy and garage is almost back to odorless), had minimal noticeable effect on performance, and maintained the greatly improved sound with the AA midsection. I still have stock rear can. Of note, I haven't tracked the car yet but saved the VRSF hardware and will likely put them back on when it comes time to really push the car to its limits.

Keep in mind that my opinion of the OEM vs soft/med/aggressive burble settings is based on the fact that I typically drive with the flaps open 99.9% of the time and really only close them when leaving for work late at night or early morning.
With the flaps closed, the burbles are barely audible with my current exhaust setup and OEM option selected. However, it's a completely different sounding animal when I tap into sport or sport+ (or just hit the M1/M2 buttons).

As far as the OEM/Catted d-p option - I currently have it unselected. I selected it when flashing the recent MHD v1.0 public release for the first time and ended up throwing error codes. Re-flashed with this unchecked and haven't had any issues. I assume this is related to the high flow catts I'm using, so probably best to check it if you still have complete stock exhaust.

2016 F82 M4 / Sakhir Orange / Black extended leather / Opti-Coat Pro
NGK 1-step colder, 0.020" / BMC drop-in, carbon delete / Injen intake & CPs / AR Design catt'd down / AA mid
LCI rear light retrofit / AutoTecknic front splitters / Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler / 3D Design rear diffuser
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/285 35-19 / BMS ceramic black exhaust tips / Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)
(#80)
Old

Default 09-27-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD
I initially tried the various burble options when the car was set up with k@tless VRSF tubes and stock mid/muffler - everything other than OEM seemed ridiculous and obnoxious when in traffic.

By far the best addition to the ears was installing the Active Autowerkes midsection, which really made anything other than OEM burble settings sound silly. However, the fumes from straight exhaust were just too much and I recently swapped the VRSF tubes for a set of catt'd AR Design. This took care of the fume issue (so the wife is happy and garage is almost back to odorless), had minimal noticeable effect on performance, and maintained the greatly improved sound with the AA midsection. I still have stock rear can. Of note, I haven't tracked the car yet but saved the VRSF hardware and will likely put them back on when it comes time to really push the car to its limits.

Keep in mind that my opinion of the OEM vs soft/med/aggressive burble settings is based on the fact that I typically drive with the flaps open 99.9% of the time and really only close them when leaving for work late at night or early morning.
With the flaps closed, the burbles are barely audible with my current exhaust setup and OEM option selected. However, it's a completely different sounding animal when I tap into sport or sport+ (or just hit the M1/M2 buttons).

As far as the OEM/Catted d-p option - I currently have it unselected. I selected it when flashing the recent MHD v1.0 public release for the first time and ended up throwing error codes. Re-flashed with this unchecked and haven't had any issues. I assume this is related to the high flow catts I'm using, so probably best to check it if you still have complete stock exhaust.
Good to know. I selected the oem *** and there was no difference in sound in any case. I have a completely cp stock system of course.. I have my setting at soft which sounds great. I did try medium but agree its too fire crackers lol

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018 gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#81)
Old

Default 09-27-2018, 06:57 AM

i have a question prolly a stupid one i am flashing my car today, and i want to know after i flash the bef, my jb4 map setting is on which map ?
(#82)
Old

Default 09-27-2018, 07:58 AM

Depends on how fast u want to go which is also dependent on what type of fuel, ur flash etc. Best to start with Map 2 do a log and get the feedback and advice on it��

(#83)
Old

Default 09-27-2018, 10:50 AM

So bacically the jb4 stil gets set to map 2 after the bef is done
(#84)
Old

Default 09-27-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofqueenz788
Ive gone back and forth between maps 2 and 5. Running 5 the past several weeks and like 5 for routine driving due to the less aggressive feel at take off from a stop when riding through the city.

Although, I havent tried map 2 since the v13 BEF files and latest JB4 firmware released. Maybe the feel of overly aggressive throttle response isnt as bad now.

Ultimately, you can choose whichever map you want to run for your setup, just as you would without the BEF. Thats one of the streamlined beauties of using the BMS BEF with the JB4

NGK 1-step colder, 0.020" / BMC drop-in, carbon delete / Injen intake & CPs / AR Design catt'd down / AA mid
LCI rear light retrofit / AutoTecknic front splitters / Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler / 3D Design rear diffuser
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/285 35-19 / BMS ceramic black exhaust tips / Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)
(#85)
Old

Default 09-27-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Good to know. I selected the oem *** and there was no difference in sound in any case. I have a completely cp stock system of course.. I have my setting at soft which sounds great. I did try medium but agree its too fire crackers lol
I think the OEM *** option has more to do with CEL control than anything. But, its admittedly hard to find details on that feature, so not entirely sure. All I can say is selecting it gave me CELs; have had no CEL since deselecting it.

(#86)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 09-27-2018, 02:10 PM

Thank you, TideMD for all the data logging contributions. The improved E85 BEF and new JB4 features have given me enough reason to go back to my old JB4 setup... but this time, I'm going to play around with flashing the BEF via BM3. Hopefully, I won't run into any flashing issues.

2017 M3 ZCP
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2018, 03:49 PM

I'm not sure if the BM3 flashing works the same way, you'll have to try it. On MHD I made the changes to a generic BIN and then MHD ports those over to the software the car is running seamlessly when writing. Otherwise the internal VIN and things won't match up and there may be software versioning issues.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#88)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 09-27-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'm not sure if the BM3 flashing works the same way, you'll have to try it. On MHD I made the changes to a generic BIN and then MHD ports those over to the software the car is running seamlessly when writing. Otherwise the internal VIN and things won't match up and there may be software versioning issues.
All are 100% correct. I've read about the flashing differences between MHD and BM3, and have consulted with PTF for best practices with flashing a .bin file.

I have licenses for both, but prefer the faster flash operation through ENET. I'll keep you posted on how things go for sure.

2017 M3 ZCP
(#89)
Old

Default 09-27-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofqueenz788
Well no not necessarily. Im just saying start with lower boost map first log and verify everything, then work your way upwards to higher boost maps should you wish to.

(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2018, 09:16 AM

13_T1 variants of E85 BEF maps: Adjusted fuel scalar around cranking and idle area to improve cold start idle performance.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#91)
Old

Default 09-29-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
Thank you, TideMD for all the data logging contributions. The improved E85 BEF and new JB4 features have given me enough reason to go back to my old JB4 setup... but this time, I'm going to play around with flashing the BEF via BM3. Hopefully, I won't run into any flashing issues.
No problem at all, especially since it's always a blast to make logging runs.

As an update - I swapped to Map 2 for the last few days and it does feel quicker and more aggressive climbing the RPM range. Also feels more predictable for routine driving in traffic.

Attached a few more logs from the last couple Map 5 runs with latest JB4 firmware and BEF RACE file, one of which uses launch control (which, btw, feels like it can actually be useful with the new boost limits).

An additional log from initial pull on Map 2 is also included, for anyone that wants to compare.

All logs were made with the same vehicle configuration (sport+, DCS off, DCT set to S3) and running 93 octane straight from the pump.

(#92)
Old

Default 10-01-2018, 09:43 PM

Still driving latest version of S55 BEF with Map 2. Feels really good, although I think Map 5 seems overall faster and is still my preference.

Here are a couple more logs after driving the last several days and letting everything settle in. Hoping to try a WOT pull from dead stop, as well as launch control, in order to compare to Map 5 take off. Will share those when I get a chance to log the runs.

(#93)
Old

Default 10-03-2018, 07:03 PM

I noticed my burble only comes on after 1 min or so upon restating car.. is that normal? Also does the flash disable exhaust sound coming thru the speakers inside or am I imagining it lol?

Last edited by DSCOFF; 10-03-2018 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Omission
(#94)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I noticed my burble only comes on after 1 min or so upon restating car.. is that normal? Also does the flash disable exhaust sound coming thru the speakers inside or am I imagining it lol?
My burble does that too, noticed it yesterday in both cars actually N54 and S55. I think it's only when it's cold though, I will test it again when the car is warmed up.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#95)
Old

Default 10-03-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
My burble does that too, noticed it yesterday in both cars actually N54 and S55. I think it's only when it's cold though, I will test it again when the car is warmed up.
Oh my M4 if warmed up, it takes 30 sec before burble returns. Not sure if this was always the case..

(#96)
Old

Default 10-03-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Oh my M4 if warmed up, it takes 30 sec before burble returns. Not sure if this was always the case..
Same for me. I've noticed it for a while now. Burbles don't really become noticeable until car has been running for a minute or so following a cold start.

(#97)
Old

Default 10-08-2018, 09:47 PM

A few evenings ago I had some fun with an M6 vert and noticed some issues I've never experienced before. There were multiple events of drivetrain error messages during prolonged WOT pulls, with obvious loss of boost/power. I've attached a screenshot of the JB4 code log, as well as logs that were obtained prior to, during, and after the codes were triggered. (details contained in file names)

Each time this occurred, I would pull over and kill the ignition, then wait for 30-60 seconds. This cleared the code for the time, but the issue came back whenever I would punch the throttle for another run.

Logs and error codes attached for review. It was rather disappointing to lose power since I was pulling away from the guy at the time!!!

ERROR CODES
2018-10-07 00_56_22:
120208 boost pressure control, Upper: boost pressure too high
120408 Reduced power mode

2018-10-07 00_56_39:

2018-10-07 01_00_05:

2018-10-07 01_00_25:

2018-10-07 01_02_11:

2018-10-07 01_02_18:

Last edited by TideMD; 10-08-2018 at 09:54 PM..
(#98)
Old

Car: 2018 ZCP M3 6 Speed
Default 10-10-2018, 12:14 PM

I'm currently running the previous version of the Race map, any reason to reflash to the new one? Only running 7 gallons of E85 every other tank. What maps are you guys using? I've tried map 1,2, and 5, what is needed to run map 6 and 7? Thanks Terry!
(#99)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-10-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDrift
I'm currently running the previous version of the Race map, any reason to reflash to the new one? Only running 7 gallons of E85 every other tank. What maps are you guys using? I've tried map 1,2, and 5, what is needed to run map 6 and 7? Thanks Terry!
Updates are always better, so I see no reason why you wouldn't try it!

With e50 blend you should be able to run map 7. Got any logs on map 2?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#100)
Old

Car: F80 m3
Default 10-10-2018, 06:12 PM

Hey Terry, If I am running BM3 and also JB4, is that considered a BEF. Or is this only for BEF loaded through the JB4.