N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 RS5
Default Help with used system install - 02-14-2020, 03:03 PM

Okay, stupid question. I've read through this thread and believe I have a decent understanding of the device and the maps. I have a 2019 RS5 SB. I'm looking for the best map for 91 Octane.

Am I correct that map 2 is the best "canned tune" for the car? Also, is there a way to custom tune? I'm not looking to drag my car, I just want more go for daily driving. Thank you.
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-14-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotstocks
Okay, stupid question. I've read through this thread and believe I have a decent understanding of the device and the maps. I have a 2019 RS5 SB. I'm looking for the best map for 91 Octane.

Am I correct that map 2 is the best "canned tune" for the car? Also, is there a way to custom tune? I'm not looking to drag my car, I just want more go for daily driving. Thank you.
Map 2 is the correct map for the RS5 on 91.
The maps are well sorted and a custom map on 91 will not be advantageous. We only go to map 6 on cars that are running high octane and can run boost level higher than map 5 which his the most aggressive ready map.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#3)
Old

Default 02-14-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Map 2 is the correct map for the RS5 on 91.
The maps are well sorted and a custom map on 91 will not be advantageous. We only go to map 6 on cars that are running high octane and can run boost level higher than map 5 which his the most aggressive ready map.
Thanks for the clarification George, appreciate it. I'm about to install the JB4 in the next few minutes, waiting for ECU to sleep.

Am I correct that I only need to connect TMAP and MAP since I won't be running E85? Skip the fuel sensor, BCM and OBD II? Thanks again.
(#4)
Old

Default 02-14-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification George, appreciate it. I'm about to install the JB4 in the next few minutes, waiting for ECU to sleep.

Am I correct that I only need to connect TMAP and MAP since I won't be running E85? Skip the fuel sensor, BCM and OBD II? Thanks again.
Correct. General feedback though is the BCM helps with the spool up and throttle response.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#5)
Old

Default 02-14-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Correct. General feedback though is the BCM helps with the spool up and throttle response.
Okay! I went ahead and connected all of them. However, I bought the unit used, along with the JB4 connect and it gives me an error. I emailed a screenshot to support and hope to hear back soon, as I'm afraid to start the car without knowing what map it is set to.

Is there another way to check? Thanks again.
(#6)
Old

Default 02-14-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Okay! I went ahead and connected all of them. However, I bought the unit used, along with the JB4 connect and it gives me an error. I emailed a screenshot to support and hope to hear back soon, as I'm afraid to start the car without knowing what map it is set to.

Is there another way to check? Thanks again.
No way without connected. For moderate driving it is fine to drive the car regardless of map.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#7)
Old

Default 02-14-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
No way without connected. For moderate driving it is fine to drive the car regardless of map.
Ok. Hopefully I get a response from support soon. Thank you.
(#8)
Old

Default 02-15-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Got into the JB4 thanks to support. I uploaded the latest firmware. Went for a drive and now have the “Drive System Malfunction” error. Did I do something wrong, can I fix this without the dealer? Firmware 76/4//7.
(#9)
Old

Default 02-15-2020, 10:19 AM

I also cleared the codes with OBD11 and the malfunction popped right back up. Is it possible to have connected the harness incorrectly?
(#10)
Old

Default 02-15-2020, 10:22 AM

Fault code P023600. Boost sensor.
(#11)
Old

Default 02-15-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I also cleared the codes with OBD11 and the malfunction popped right back up. Is it possible to have connected the harness incorrectly?
The fault clearing is finicky with these. Clear the code then dont start the car. Lock it for a while so ECU can power down and start again and see what it does.
Also make sure the grey locking tabs are in place.
If all else fails drop me a email george@burgertuning.com and we can trouble shoot it further.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI