N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3926)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 01-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbailey99
I recently flashed the newest backend flash from BMS on to my 335xi via MHD. (Backend from Feb. 2019). I did everything correctly and I got a "Success" message. Now when I try to turn on the car it fires up and immediately dies. I have tried pumping the gas pedal to see if it'll keep the car alive but the gas pedal does nothing. Please help and thank you in advance!
I've seen this happen before. Try flashing the map again.
(#3927)
Old

Car: E90 BMW
Default 01-09-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynpunch
no
that has been removed. if you search hard enough you can find the solution
Can you PM me some details about the solution ?
thanks in advance
(#3928)
Old

Car: E90 BMW
Default 01-09-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmw335i
which pump flash to use? pump.bin or pump_usa.bin whats the difference?
Since i live abroad would love to know the answer too also when through most of this thread and did not find an answer
(#3929)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 01-09-2020, 10:58 PM

Is there a PUMP Hybrid map?
(#3930)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 01-12-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbailey99
I recently flashed the newest backend flash from BMS on to my 335xi via MHD. (Backend from Feb. 2019). I did everything correctly and I got a "Success" message. Now when I try to turn on the car it fires up and immediately dies. I have tried pumping the gas pedal to see if it'll keep the car alive but the gas pedal does nothing. Please help and thank you in advance!
Do you have an aftermarket coil setup? I had the same issue you have with starting, and immediately dying. I bought my car heavy modified and tried to flash back to stock. I realized the car had bimmerlife r8 coils. I reflashed the car with the binmerlife box checked and it started right up. Shot in the dark but maybe thatís your problem.

Also, as asked above , I too am wondering if thereís a hybrid pump bin?
(#3931)
Old

Car: Z4 35is US
Default Best bef for Z4 35is DCT US stock 93 pump gas - 01-29-2020, 09:01 AM

I have a jb4 installed and MHD flasher and would like to know which MHD bef flash to use on this vehicle.

The 2 files that are available through n54tech are IJE0S and INA0S. Is there a bef for the N54B30TO INA0S_IS?
(#3932)
Old

Car: 07 335i,**,FMIC
Default Limp mode with I8A0S - 02-01-2020, 05:55 PM

Im getting 2FCA fault codes with I8A0S. If i do a hard pull the car goes into limp mode. Tried flashing it again but it does not change 🤷🏻*♂️. Does it have anything to do with the transmission which is not flashed ?
(#3933)
Old

Car: 335i E92 N54
Default 02-02-2020, 02:19 AM

Hoping someone might be able to help out:

Problem - lost paddle shifters and S Mode after BEF

Order of events:
1. Jb installed / BEF installed (MHD) - all working well
2. Installed XHP Stage 3 - all working well
3. Transmission serviced - afterwards worked ok but slowly lost paddles then S mode but not straight away
4. Rechecked mechatronic sleeve - all good / gears working fine / shifts are fine
5. Took off JB4 completely (physically) / uninstalled XHP / reinstalled XHP with JB4 removed
5. Used Protool to code EGS
6. S mode is back down shifts are back on paddles but no upshift
7. Reinstalled JB4 / BEF through MHD - S mode gone / paddles downshift still available but no upshift

I tried using NCS expert / winkfp but couldnt locate EGS hardware - i was able to find hardware parts for all other modules - albeit i tried using the two softwares whilst JB4 was still installed but turned off.

I really enjoy my aggressive shifting so contemplating getting rid of JB4 if i cant find the solution.

I did upgrade to latest firmware prior to all the issue so not sure whether its worth going back to an earlier version

Cheers All
(#3934)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2020, 10:40 AM

It's something related to the flash I'm sure, but as to what I can't tell you.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3935)
Old

Car: 2008 bmw 135i
Default BEF info wanted - 02-04-2020, 07:03 PM

Hello im new to the forum sorry if I post in the wrong thread. I have a 08 135i stock twin turbos ive ordered c*t less down***** I have a jb4 that came with the car and a afe cold air intake. I ordered the odbII to usb cable I have a usb connection on the jb4 im not sure what firmware I have now and I want to do a BEF but im not sure what map to select. I plan running 93 octane for now and im not sure from reading if I need anything else to run E85. if I could run e85 without any other sensors or mods I would. so do I just flash a e85 map and fill it up? Does it matter if the previous owner has already put a BEF in it, is there a way to tell? The man I bought it from said he had not changed a thing and always had the jb4 set at one but when I figured out how to check the setting it was on map 0. if someone can explain any of these questions it would be helpful.

Last edited by turbotuning; 02-04-2020 at 07:19 PM..
(#3936)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92 AT
Default 02-12-2020, 02:25 PM

Hello.. I have a 335i 08 . ST + TS + PI METH + PUMP GAS. I don't have access to e85 so I decided to go pump + meth in the port injection

My question is that all the PI maps say E85. There isn't any PI map for pump.

The most representative map for me is BB I8aos ST TS PI e85.
Should I try that map even thought I run pump gas + methanol. ???

335i AT 2008
DOC RACE 6466 SINGLE TURBO
JB4 G5ISO + MHD TUNING
FUEL IT PI kit BMS controlled
FUEL IT STAGE 4 LPFP
XHP flash stage 3
VRSF RACE EXHAUST
VRSF 7.5 FMIC
NGK SPARKS TWO STEPS COLDER

(#3937)
Old

Car: 335i E93
Default UK Back-End Flash Advice - 02-13-2020, 05:02 AM

Hello All,

I have been reading up on this forum for quite a while.
However there is so many topics at varying dates, plus I often get sidetracked and end up with more questions than awnsers haha.

I currently own a 2007 E93 335i @69k and I am in the UK using Tesco Momentum 99.
Current Mods:
Alpina Flash
5” Stepped FMIC
DCI
Charge Pipe and BOV
De-*** Down-*****
Upgraded PCV
I was told that i have a stage 1 flash, but im not too sure being honest.

I have finally purchased my JB4, which will be arriving by the end of next week at the latest :D
Just looking for some guidance on what I should be doing in regards to the back end flash.

I understand and am confident with the procedures for installing the JB4 and the basic flashing using MHD. Im just a bit worried regarding me having a euro spec car and a few other things. If anyone can help with the below questions, it would be very much appreciated.

Can i get away with the race flash, or would the pump be better with my fuel & setup?
Do i have to modify the latest flashes to be suitable for my euro spec car?
Can i remove cold start while flashing BMS map using MHD?
Do I have to do anything to remove the ** CEL, or is this built into the BEF? (**`s being fitted at time of JB4 install)
I plan on using the auto-tune map, would this be best for a simple install/maintain?
When using a battery charger, would a trickle charger being attached overnight and left on during flashing be sufficient?

Im sure there is a few other bits i would of missed,
please by all means add more

Once I am confident and do the install, I will of course be posting some logs to see what else I can learn and get out of her.

Thanks
(#3938)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-13-2020, 10:35 AM

I would start with the pump flash first.
No need to modify anything for your spec car.
Yes, that should be in the MHD options.
Not too sure.
Map 5 is good, you'll be fine with that.
The initial flash is only going to take 40 minutes or so. Just have the trickle charger attached to it when you're doing it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3939)
Old

Car: N54 335i , E71 X6M
Default My logs on map5 91 oct fuel - 02-18-2020, 04:02 PM

Hallo friends can i get some feedback from you guys . Let me know what yiu guys think.
Attached Images

(#3940)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-18-2020, 05:06 PM

Post the CSV file please.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3941)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 02-22-2020, 11:00 AM

What is the difference in the pump and pump usa file for the IJE0S?
(#3942)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 02-22-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolankowski
What is the difference in the pump and pump usa file for the IJE0S?
I believe the pump.usa has all the requirements for US emissions.

08 E90 335i - MONTEGO BLUE - JB4/MHD E85 BEF
BMS DCI - BMS OCC - NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS
MMP CHARGEPIPE - TIAL BOV - VRSF 7.5Ē RACE FMIC
VRSF DPís - VRSF INLETS - VRSF OUTLETS
BMS PEDAL TUNER - RB PCV VALVE - 3.5 BAR TMAP
NGK 97506 @.022 - PFS STAGE 2 LPFP - H&R SPRINGS
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER
BMS SPORT OIL COOLER VALVE - NRW V1 PADDLES
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
19Ē 666m WHEELS - HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO 2ís
(#3943)
Old

Default 02-22-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule77
I believe the pump.usa has all the requirements for US emissions.
So it does not really matter what one I flash to my car than
(#3944)
Old
n54💥ST🔥 e92🌪

Car: 335i E92 MT
Default 03-05-2020, 04:05 PM

Hello terry, I have a couple of questions.
E92 single turbo on3 performance.
Stage 2 pump
Intercooler
Bov
1) If running single turbo and only 93 octane, which map is the adequate one?
2) How many o2 sensors should a single turbo e92 have?
3) Speedo 12, what is the adequate setting on the rpm side? I know it suggests 24-28 and itís currently sitting on 1,000 rpm.
(#3945)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2020, 04:16 PM

This thread is for single turbo stuff: JB4 N54 Single Turbo Setup Directions - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Start with map1 the WG spring map to evaluate. Menu12 isn't used with single turbos.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#3946)
Old

Default 03-31-2020, 12:38 PM

I was doing my bef and noticed it had a box for mt 6 shift bog fix. What does this exactly do for the 6 speed manual? I tried searching but couldn’t come up with a definitive answer.
(#3947)
Old

Car: E87 135i
Default 04-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Hi i like to ask for sure.
i'm running n54 only with Dp,walbro pump and k&n intake. Car is running on 95/98-102 octanes. For that setup is Pump BEF correct ?
(#3948)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 04-11-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex135
Hi i like to ask for sure.
i'm running n54 only with Dp,walbro pump and k&n intake. Car is running on 95/98-102 octanes. For that setup is Pump BEF correct ?
yes, u will be fine
(#3949)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 04-13-2020, 11:22 AM

I dont understand the diff between the 3 PI maps in the IJE0S directory. I am stock turbos.
(#3950)
Old

Car: 17 GTI
Default 04-17-2020, 01:01 PM

I just got a fire tablet, only used for MHD and Protool. MHD connects to the car fine, when I try to do a BEF it cant find the .bin file thats in local storage. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks