N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3901)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakemeC
Should I use PUMP, Race or the e40.

I only use 93Gas in my car but its my first time doing a back-end flash.
I'm wondering which ones flashes better ?
PUMP is suggested for pump gas ranging up to the occasional E30 use.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3902)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 10-28-2019, 10:59 AM

Looking for a bit of help from the community. I just purchased a 135i equipped with a JB4 and MHD back end flash among a list of other modifications. My question is the best way for me to go about getting the MHD in my name. I have already registered for the JB4 and moved that info to my GooglePlay account and plan to do the same for the MDH. I have already saved all of the associated MHD files from the tablet originally linked to the car including what appears to be the DME backup, which is the VIN#.bin. Should I leave the car flashed as it currently sits and just buy a new license on my own GooglePlay account and link that to the car? I would think that since it is already flashed it would not be necessary to revert back to the factory flash on the prior owners' MHD account and then reload everything under my new account. Has anyone gone through this before?
(#3903)
Old

Car: 355i
Smile 10-28-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBoostAddict
Looking for a bit of help from the community. I just purchased a 135i equipped with a JB4 and MHD back end flash among a list of other modifications. My question is the best way for me to go about getting the MHD in my name. I have already registered for the JB4 and moved that info to my GooglePlay account and plan to do the same for the MDH. I have already saved all of the associated MHD files from the tablet originally linked to the car including what appears to be the DME backup, which is the VIN#.bin. Should I leave the car flashed as it currently sits and just buy a new license on my own GooglePlay account and link that to the car? I would think that since it is already flashed it would not be necessary to revert back to the factory flash on the prior owners' MHD account and then reload everything under my new account. Has anyone gone through this before?
I think you just need to buy the MHD license to be able to flash your car. The vin requirement is probably just so one guy can't buy the license and start his own flashing biz

2008 335i 6MT, Doc Race Precision 6062 GEN2 kit, JB4 ST BEF, BMS Meth & dual OCC kit, Helix hpfp, Boost Concepts Stg 2 lpfp, VRSF 3.5" exhaust, & FMIC, ER CP, HKS BOV, 550i clutch.
(#3904)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 10-28-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBoostAddict
I believe MHD is locked to the google account - aka the prior owner. If you are close to the person, maybe they’d be cool giving you their login etc?

But more than likely you’ll need to pick up the license & flashing module only.

You can log via JB4 & the maps you can get from us here for free

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3905)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 10-30-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
I believe MHD is locked to the google account - aka the prior owner. If you are close to the person, maybe they’d be cool giving you their login etc?

But more than likely you’ll need to pick up the license & flashing module only.

You can log via JB4 & the maps you can get from us here for free
Thanks for the info! I do have the prior owners login, however I don't want to rely on that long term should they ever close down their GooglePlay account. I figured the best route would be to purchase my own license and save all the old files. My concern was more around buying a license and tethering to a car that has already been flashed by a prior account and still running a flashed map. It seems like there is no "memory" from the MHD app in the sense that I can just reflash to another tune under my new account.
(#3906)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6 speed
Default 10-31-2019, 06:29 AM

Hey guys after a long time away I’m here trying to update my BB flash from 2014. Lol
Anyway the car has been e85 for this entire time and I’m trying to update to MHD (single turbo) with a 93 octane tune for the time being. I did download the files, however in the single turbo maps there is not a “pump” specific designation like the stock turbo maps.
I do see the (jb4_I8AOS_ST_TS.bin.) is this the map I’m looking for?? Any help is appreciated.

In addition there are also the jb4_I8AOS_ST_TS_THR or the jb4_I8AOS_ST just not sure which is the correct one.
(#3907)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Coupe
Default 11-11-2019, 07:27 PM

Im running the INA0S Pump BEF and have been going over some logs and have some questions. Im sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread, but it is quite long.

The BEF file has the load target at 150, which due to rpm and other factors ends up being between 136 and 143 in my log files once boost gets on target. On map 2 the boost target is around 17.0 from 5000-5500 rpm tapering to around 14 at redline.

DME BT = 13.6
Load = 141
JB4 Target = 17.0
Boost = 17.0
Estimated Load at JB4 boost target = ~160

I know this is a minor example but there is about a 1.5 degree difference (8.5 vs 7.0) in timing between 140-155 load at 5500rpm. The issue becomes bigger if I'm on map 7 where JB4 is targeting 19.5+ boost and load would be around 170 DME side and timing would be moving toward 5.5 degrees.

My question is this, if JB4 is adjusting boost to targets above what the DME is expecting, would it benefit me to change the load targets in the BEF file to better match the actual boost targets the JB4 is going after so that the ignition and fuel maps will enter the appropriate cells corresponding to those boost levels? Would those changes even be reflected in the JB4 logs?

I understand how ignition advance relates to rpm and manifold pressure/boost, and understand that knock detection works to protect from detonation but would feel more comfortable if I knew the ignition and fuel maps where in sync with the boost levels I'm actually using.

Thanks for any help.
(#3908)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default 12-03-2019, 07:46 PM

I am a firm believer in matching jb4 and dme targets, to the point that I am often on menu 4/4 (jb4 boost control with dme targets). Couple of considerations:

- in addition to the load target table (defining max target), consider also adjusting load break points in "load to torque limit" (table defines dme load/boost target wrt torque request aka pedal position). This helps matching under partial load - lots of logging

- with "boost request offset" at 80% (bms flashes), the load that the dme sees is less than originally intended, take that into account for timing and other tables vs load (should be ok for the most part). Eg, load at 20 psi is only around 160 instead of 200.

- If you want dme_bt above 18 psi, increase "boost limit multiplier" to, say, 4 or higher, and also increase "boost ceiling" from 1.28 bar to 1.6 for example. You should be able to do this with the MHD jb4 license, even though an extra option is required for the standard license. My understanding is that 220 max load almost hard coded, but with the 80% setting you can raise the dme_bt up to 26 psi (I'll leave it at 21 for DD).

2007 335xi (I8A0S kline) -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC
JB4 + BMS/custom bef (E50)

Last edited by yellowfin; 12-03-2019 at 07:55 PM..
(#3909)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Coupe
Default 12-05-2019, 10:04 PM

yellowfin,

Thanks for the response. I have been playing around with this and its amazing that as soon as you try to learn one thing it dumps 10 more things you have to figure out on you. I know that the JB4 development is constant but I really wish there was a comprehensive manual for the JB4. I just found the thread on here where it was going through the development of mode 4/4 (firmware 28.? through about 32.2) and that if you really want to go JB4 gauges only you have to disconnect the white sub-connector to the DME. That was after about a week of wondering why trying to develop a custom flash only map and reading and studying WGDC, WGDC to WGDC position, WGDC post back to WGDC, airflow adder etc, and wondering why the hell I couldn't get over 8-10 psi of boost in 4/4 map0. Thats a forehead slap after making adjustments to a map, uploading to my android device and reflashing and finding out that 4/4 map0 isn't going to let DME control boost!

I took the log files from the pump BEF runs and made a conversion factor between the logged load and ecu_psi and then figured out about what the approximate load was for the boost values I was getting were. It did seem to help in the logs with less timing cuts. I am currently playing with about a 50% ethanol mixture and the E85 BEF (Im 335is so its the INA0S) load targets on that map ended up with logs that are pretty much right on with my JB4 map 5 current boost values of around 18psi. My avg_ign is about 0.5 and there are very few places where ignition values are different between the cylinders.

I have some questions on your suggestions:
With regard to the adjusting of breakpoints in the Load to Torque limits table would you recommend smoothing out the resolution near the higher load limits? That makes sense since all the low load areas are 10-20 load apart then it jumps from 160-220.

As far as Boost Request offset, I understand that it can affect numerous different things (load requested, MAF requested etc) but I don't know what all it affects or why. From my understanding on DCT the max load is 185 and above that will cause TCU errors and shift faults. If my actual boost levels get up to where I am exceeding the 185 DCT limit will adjusting the BRO to a higher value help bring that in range?

I get what you are saying by increasing boost limit multiplier (and BLM Ceiling) but does the 1.28 bar boost ceiling setting fall under the same category as the DCT TCU limits as above? Sorry, I know I am in a minority with the 335is DCT, and for some reason my signature with my vehicle info didn't show up on the first post. I purchased the full flasher license and MBoost option in MHD so that should be fine.

Since I see your on VTT GC lites you would be a good person to ask as I have some VTT Stage 2+ waiting to go on. Right now with the current JB4/BEF and 50% ethanol 4/2 map5 is getting around 18psi as I said. Map 7 gets around 19.6 +-. When I put the hybrids on is the only way to get JB4 targeting boost in the 20's by going 4/4 on any map other than 0 then increasing the load targets accordingly? I also realize about TMAP (I have a N20 and PNP in the box next to the turbos).

Thanks again

2012 335is DCT
BMS DCI, ARM 5" FMIC, ARM CP, TiAl Q, ARM 3" **'s,
Fuel-It FI-650 w/Walbro 525, Rob Beck PCV, JB4 w/INA0S BEF
(VTT Stage 2+ being installed soon)
(#3910)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2019, 10:57 AM

There are a lot of options available as the JB4 is so flexible. Not all of those are well documented unfortunately. Some of that is intentional though as certain configurations are rarely used and tend to cause a lot of confusion. Such as mode 4/4 removing white subconnector.

For the DCT vehicles we bump up the calculated torque in the flash as a function of LOAD and have air/fuel and timing targets set based around the LOAD ceilings. Going "over target" on the JB4 side will cause LOAD on the flash side to go over target, and in those cases we usually pull a little timing in the flash map.

As for the hybrid turbos you load the hybrid map and can set JB4 boost target to whatever you'd like via map6. There are some special duty bias settings required.

For more specific tuning advice I'd need to see the log as there are many variables.

Burger Motorsports

(#3911)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default 12-07-2019, 11:10 AM

With white sub connector left in place, jb4 controls boost, no need to worry about wgdc
I got 30fe before adjusting the load torque tables because jb4 target was higher than dme at low load, there should be a post somewhere up in this thread

2007 335xi (I8A0S kline) -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC
JB4 + BMS/custom bef (E50)
(#3912)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-10-2019, 08:06 PM

Ask a question, I want to use E30 which map version I choose? Run on EBF MHD。thank
(#3913)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Exclamation Backend Flash E30 Which one to choose? - 12-10-2019, 08:18 PM

EBF Backend Flash E30 Which one to choose?
I don't see E30 in the MAP you provided. I saw E85.
(#3914)
Old

Car: 08' 335i
Default 12-12-2019, 03:37 PM

Super Noob question.

What "stage" are the back end MHD flash files that BMS are providing?

Once I have the back end flash in, can I then use the other cool options that MHD offer flashing or can I change between the MHD available flashes?
(#3915)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-12-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinscher
Super Noob question.

What "stage" are the back end MHD flash files that BMS are providing?

Once I have the back end flash in, can I then use the other cool options that MHD offer flashing or can I change between the MHD available flashes?
You need a JB4 to run our provided BEF.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3916)
Old

Car: 08' 335i
Default 12-12-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You need a JB4 to run our provided BEF.
That is an answer to a question i did not ask.

I do happen to run a JB4, just I've not played a lot with hit since i figured I should get the maintenance items off my list first...like injectors

So, if I use the back end flash that you folks are providing, what "stage" is it or does it function in some other way.

Also, am I able to take advantage of any of the other MHD type tricks and what not?

I'd like to use both as much as possible as I want meth injection in the future.
(#3917)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 12-13-2019, 05:05 PM

Where can I find the latest version of the BMS BEF?

I dont have anything android so I cannot seem to get Google playthus cannot get the MHD tune.
(#3918)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 12-14-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebs22
Where can I find the latest version of the BMS BEF?

I dont have anything android so I cannot seem to get Google playthus cannot get the MHD tune.
It’s found at the beginning of this thread (post #1)

07 E90 AT - xHP
JB4 G5 - Trebila BEF
FBO
Hybrids
(#3919)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 12-15-2019, 08:43 AM

BimmerBoost program dies and closes out every time I click ID ECU, anyone else seen this?
(#3920)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinscher
That is an answer to a question i did not ask.

I do happen to run a JB4, just I've not played a lot with hit since i figured I should get the maintenance items off my list first...like injectors

So, if I use the back end flash that you folks are providing, what "stage" is it or does it function in some other way.

Also, am I able to take advantage of any of the other MHD type tricks and what not?

I'd like to use both as much as possible as I want meth injection in the future.
The flash sets the timing/fuel curves for pump gas, mixed fuel, or E85 (there are 3 maps), and the JB4 runs boost control, safety systems, features, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#3921)
Old

Car: 335
Default Jb4 update - 12-19-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Use subject to terms and conditions posted at http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.html

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, INC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, Inc hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

Use this thread for discussing the N54 flashing tools, logs, XDF files, BINs, etc!

What is a back end flash map?

For those who prefer flash tunes but want to keep the benefits of JB4 functionality and features just add in a back end flash map. The BEF are templates you can write to your DME using the MHD or BimmerBoost N54 flashing systems that are specifically designed to compliment JB4 tuning. These maps adjust fueling, timing, load targets, VANOS, and other functions on flash side while allowing the JB4 to retain its superior absolute boost control, on the fly map changes, in dash gauges, shift light, auto learning/self tuning, gear dependent boost control, data logging, WMI integration, PI integration, NLS, and other features. It's simply the best of both worlds and greatly eliminates the need for expensive and time consuming "custom tuning" those running flash only often have to resort to. Note BMS is not affiliated with BimmerBoost or MHD, does not provide flashing tools, and no flashing support is provided beyond the templates posted. Contact BimmerBoost and/or MHD directly for flashing support and additional information as needed.

What are the benefits of running a JB4 with a flash rather than flash only for tuning?

While it's possible to tune an N54 without a JB4 doing so comes with many disadvantages.

1) The JB4 includes more robust safety systems than are possible via flash only. Starting with fundamental safety systems like reverting to a safety map if boost exceeds your safety setting, if the air/fuel ratio in either bank turns dangerously lean, or if fuel pressure drops below a safe level. While you might think the DME alone can handle these basic safety systems surprisingly it's not the case. The DME will happily let you run along at full power and a 18:1 AFR, with boost pegged if a WG line drops off, and the only fuel pressure safety provided is when fuel pressure drops down so low fuel injection itself has to be suspended. In addition to these basic safety systems the JB4 offers layered advanced safety systems. For example it monitors fuel trims bank to bank and reverts to safety if they exceed more than a 15% variance indicating a possible fuel distribution or o2 sensor issue. Port injection and WMI add extra failure points and the JB4 control provides advanced safety systems for them as well. The port injection FAQ covers the basics.

2) The JB4 boost control system is programmed as absolute meaning you'll always target a specific boost level. Unlike the DME which naturally implements a LOAD control system where boost levels go down when it's cold and go up when its warm. The opposite of what you generally want for turbocharged performance. In addition the JB4 is quick and easily adaptable to a wide range of setups eliminating the need for expensive custom boost tuning and the risks that come with repeated logs on systems that are not yet setup. It's not uncommon for engine damage to occur while a new setup is initially being dialed in. The JB4 automatically tunes wastegate dutycycle, fuel trims, and other important tuning criteria full time in the background greatly simplifying the tuning process. In addition the JB4 auto-tuning map can self tune for various ethanol mixtures without the need of an expensive and difficult to install flex fuel sensor. Pedal to boost mapping, spool aggression, boost by gear, and other critical factors can be easily adjusted in dash on the fly to suit the needs for the particular track or racing situation.

3) On the fly changes. Whether it's changing the boost/power level, boost by gear setting (including being able to disable it on the fly for burn outs or if traction turns out to be better than expected), pedal input, 2STEP RPM, or what gauges are shown in dash, the JB4 allows a wide range of user adjustment real time from the drivers seat without having to use a 3rd party device or risk programming the DME between runs. You're able to make the changes while out on the track where you need to make them.

4) The JB4 allows for much better real time feedback to the driver. User adjustable in dash gauges allow you to keep a constant eye on boost, timing, knock, meth flow, and/or AFR, all selectable and changeable on the fly from the drivers seat. A user adjustable shift light can be triggered making rowing through the gears easier. JB4 Mobile allows wireless bluetooth logging via your Android or Apple phone without a cable locked in your OBDII port. In addition you can select map0 on the fly to allow OBDII port logging and diagnostics when needed for vehicle service. The JB4 default logging set includes all relevant data required for tuning including boost, timing cylinders 1-6, AFR and fuel trims in both banks, high and low fuel pressure, load, calculated torque, trans temperature, and many other parameters. The JB4 provides a simple to use but incredibly robust data logging system eliminating the need to select what parameters to record before each run and providing instant on the fly charting without the need of 3rd party internet programs. We routinely add parameters to the JB4 logging set based on customer feedback and evolving tuning requirements. The JB4 samples boost and analog sensors 250 times per second and CANbus specific data like air, fuel ratio, fuel trims, and timing advance 10 times per second.

5) Integrated JB4 features such as no lift shift, 2step, anti-lag, port injection control, flex fuel sensor, and progressive water/meth (WMI) control eliminate the need for independent add on boxes that are more difficult to install and technically unable to communicate with each other. Integration allows these extra features to share information for a smooth and cohesive tuning solution. For example with the JB4 NLS and JB4 port injection control when you press the clutch in for NLS your port injection flow is momentarily suspended to avoid huge backfires that have been known to blow out o2 sensors and in extreme cases blow up intake manifolds. When the DME requests a torque drop due to traction or stability control the JB4, WMI, and PI systems all respond accordingly. JB4 anti-lag has a dedicated user adjustable boost limiter to avoid unnecessary engine stress while engaged. WMI integration is able to hold boost levels low UNTIL fluid is flowing adequately to prevent spool up and transitional knock, adjust your boost target if the fluid being injected turns out not to be as potent as was expected or required to prevent knock, and in the event of a fail-safe depending on the severity of the situation either lower your boost target partially OR instantly dump boost out the diverters/close the throttle/cut timing. These are just some of the many examples of why having add on boxes an features all integrated through a single system is advantageous.

6) The JB4 is widely used and widely supported including free unlocked back end flash maps and custom mapping support from BMS via the n54tech support forum. BMS sponsors and attends several 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile races per year continuously improving the JB4 base maps and features based on real world experience and feedback. These updates are provided free of charge to JB4 customers via n54tech firmware posts.

7) The JB4 hardware is robust, reliable, highly developed, and upgradable, with many thousands of systems in use since 2008 when it was first released. The key to the JB4’s success is that it DOES NOT replace the factory engine computer or DME. The JB4 simply adds on to functionality already provided by the DME. As a result the DME remains in full control of your engine at all times with the JB4 dynamically making small but impactful adjustments to add in extra safety systems and features and dramatically improve performance.

BimmerBoost Free Flashing Software

Software requires a windows laptop and a Bavarian Technic USB/OBDII cable. Software is not currently compatible with generic USB/OBDII cables.

Download the latest BB version 2.0 here for BavTech cables

BB Provided Guide: https://www.bimmerboost.com/showthre...BApp-2-0-GUIDE

You can order a 1VIN version of the BavTech Cable for $179 here or from any Bavarian Technic dealer. Note the BB flashing software DOES NOT require or use a VIN license on the cable so you can use the 1VIN cable to flash as many cars as you'd like

Basic directions for use:

1a) Set your JB4 to map 0 first to disable it.
1b) Run installer package to install BimmerBoost flash application on laptop.
2) Plug Bavarian Technic cable in to OBDII port.
3) Turn on ignition. This means all lights showing in dash including SES light.
4) Turn off your radio, climate control, lights, and any other unnecessary accessories to avoid draining your battery.
5) Connect USB to laptop.
6) Open BB flash program and select "ID ECU".
7) If properly connected you should see the software fields fill in. The most common files are IJE0S and 18A0S. This ID field will be used later to download the proper TunerPro XDF file to modify your DME. DME Voltage should show. If you do not see DME voltage there is an issue communicating with your DME. Do not continue.
8) Select "READ ECU" to start the read process. The software will default the name to your VIN.org. Reading the BIN out will take approximately 70 minutes. In some cases a battery charger should be connected before reading.
9) Once reading is complete save a copy of this original file in a safe place. This is your only DME backup. Loose this file or accidentally modify it and you'll have a headache later. Depending on the version your original will be saved as ORG or BIN.
10) Download the appropriate tuned BIN below for your DME type, mods, fuel, intended usage, etc.
11a) Note for 2007 KLINE models. You MUST have a 10amp+ battery charger connected for a full write. The gateway between the OBDII port and DME will shut down if it drops below 11.5v which is common during a full write without a charger. When this happens you will get authentication failure messages, file mismatch errors during and after write, etc.
11) Copy the modified BIN over to your laptop and repeat steps 2-6. Once connection is verified select "WRITE ECU" and select the modified BIN. The write process will begin. The first write takes ~15 minutes and subsequent writes will take ~2 minutes. Expect the fuel pump to run and all error lights to appear in dash and NAV screen while flashing. The most common write failure is due to a low or old battery so a charger is highly suggested for full writes.
12) After writing is complete wait 15 seconds and then remove the key from the ignition. Put the key back in the ignition and start the car. Programming is now complete. iDrive cars will experience a SES light on until the car has been restarted a few times. This is normal and will be corrected in future builds.
13) After loading the back end flash map set JB4 to mode 4/2 in dash. This tells the JB4 to use higher than normal boost targets for each of its maps. Map 1 is 15psi, Map 2 is 17psi, and Map7 is 19psi. All other maps (3, 4, 5, 6) are unchanged and can also be used.

BB Software Notes:

1) This software requires a Bavarian Technic cable. The software does not use the BT licensing so it does not matter whether or not the BT cable is VIN locked and it will not consume a VIN within the cable. This software DOES NOT YET work with other USB->CAN cables such as those used for INPA & coding.
2) This is open source software and no vendor support is provided. As such if you run in to a problem or need help you'll have to seek assistance on BimmerBoost.
3) It would be wise to only flash the car at home in your garage the first time so if something does go wrong requiring you to seek support you're not stranded during that process.
4) Flashing your DME involves some risk including the risk of bricking the DME. The way this software works chances of bricking your DME are close to zero but understand some risk exists with any flashing product. If you did manage to brick your DME you would need to remove it and have it bench flashed somewhere or do a full software write using an INPA system.
5) If the car has been previously flashed (with say Dinan, GIAC, etc) you may run in to problems as these tuners delete the commands used to read out your BIN. Consult the BB Open Source community for additional information.

MHD

MHD is a paid DME flashing system, similar to the free BimmerBoost software, and Cobb software, only instead of flashing with your laptop computer or Cobb's handheld device, you flash using any Android device. To use MHD you will need an Android device, a micro-USB to USB adapter, a DCAN cable (like the ones used for coding, they are around $25 on eBay), and a MHD software license. While MHD can be used as a stand alone flashing system when used in conjunction with a JB4 you get a much higher level of functionality, safety, and features. MHD has a per VIN license fee.

To use MHD purchase only the $79 "load a backend flash" option. You do not need to purchase any MHD maps as we provide those free of charge below. Just copy the maps to your device root directory to load. You do not need to purchase the MHD logging module as the JB4 will be handling all logging for you.

Purchase link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hd.flasher.n54

Suggested cable: http://burgertuning.com/OBDII_MHD_CO...ASH_CABLE.html

Back End Flash Map Templates

All the maps are included in to a single download file named by release date. Maps are organized by the file name using the specifications below. These templates are unlocked allowing you or your tuner to make whatever adjustments to base timing, AFR, and other factors you need.

JB4_BB2_[software version]_[fuel type]_[ST if for single turbo]_[PI if intended for port injection or TBI systems]_[TS for twin scroll single turbo kits]_[KR if knock sensors have been desensitized].bin

Software Version: IJE0S for MSD81 (most 2008 and newer cars), I8A0S for MSD80 (most 2007 and early 2008), INA0S for 335is models, and IKM0S for 1M models.

Fuel Type: PUMP is suitable for pump gas fuels and up to 30% E85, RACE has more aggressive timing curves best used with higher octane fuels, while E85 has timing and air/fuel ratios best suited to E40 and higher mixtures.

ST: This designates maps that are intended for single turbo applications. They run load, timing, air/fuel, and VANOS curves optimized for single turbos.

KR: This designates maps that have altered knock sensor sensitivity tables. We've found the platform highly susceptible to false knock, timing drops on higher octane fuels, particularly post shift, and desensitizing the knock sensors will reduce this tendency and improve performance. Alternatively the [KR] changes also increase the risk of engine damage if running the map outside of its octane/boost requirements and/or if actual knock occurs. Note this is now a flash time option that can be applied to any BEF map when flashing via the MHD flash a back end map option.

02/07/19 Map Release

1) Adjusted anti-lag from -25 degrees to -36 degrees across all maps for testing. If using your own XDF be sure to update it's range if making changes yourself. XDF included with maps has been modified already.

12/03/18 Map Release

1) Added v8bait's cold start tables to all IJE0S E85 back end flash maps, should improve cold starts on E85 fuels. If all goes well we will port the same changes over to the other ECU versions.
2) Various tuning changes, new maps added, etc.

6/15/17 Map Release

1) Various minor tuning changes.
2) Added some THR maps for single turbo use with a more aggressive pedal to boost profile preferred by some drivers.
3) Added a BB2 version of INA0S PUMP which can be flashed with BB or MHD. The rest of the INA0S maps are MHD only. Will add the rest of the INA0S BB2 maps in the next update.

Download the most current TunerPro XDF definition files here: https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs
Just did the update and now I’m getting a ******* ********* code at random is there anything that can be done to keep this from showing?
(#3922)
Old

Default 07 335i jb4 update - 12-19-2019, 11:31 AM

Just did the update and my car seems to be not running quite right.
(#3923)
Old

Car: e92
Default 01-02-2020, 11:04 AM

which pump flash to use? pump.bin or pump_usa.bin whats the difference?
(#3924)
Old

Default 01-02-2020, 11:19 AM

Car seems to be ok now.

(#3925)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi
Angry HELP! Car won't start! - 01-03-2020, 09:51 AM

I recently flashed the newest backend flash from BMS on to my 335xi via MHD. (Backend from Feb. 2019). I did everything correctly and I got a "Success" message. Now when I try to turn on the car it fires up and immediately dies. I have tried pumping the gas pedal to see if it'll keep the car alive but the gas pedal does nothing. Please help and thank you in advance!