N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2626)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 06-19-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyWelshSteve
Is this option available for JB4 flashes too?
Yes tested it and seems it works

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#2627)
Old
Legend

Default 06-19-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffman
I tried 2 seconds / medium and can't hear a thing with my stock DP / stock exhaust
Tested 3 seconds on medium on stock DP and exhaust and sounded cool,

3 seconds and hard you are driving a Harley Davidson

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#2628)
Old

Car: BMW e93 335i
Default 06-19-2016, 06:55 AM

Where do I set the exhaust burble? has not used the mhd app so much, just flashed BMS backend flash twice in the car, nothing more

BMW 335i e93 M-sport 2007 AT Alpina B3 TCU, JB4 G5 whit MHD BMS backend flash pump
(#2629)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-19-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppowisch
Where do I set the exhaust burble? has not used the mhd app so much, just flashed BMS backend flash twice in the car, nothing more
Probably in the options menu right before flash initiation (like the knock sensitivity, idle rpm, shift light options). I'm going to check it out this afternoon myself.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#2630)
Old
Legend

Default 06-19-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Probably in the options menu right before flash initiation (like the knock sensitivity, idle rpm, shift light options). I'm going to check it out this afternoon myself.
Yes in the options, once you enable you will have the seconds bar 1 seconds to 4 seconds I guess and the sensitivity bar soft, medium and hard

(#2631)
Old

Default 06-19-2016, 10:27 AM

thanks! found it

BMW 335i e93 M-sport 2007 AT Alpina B3 TCU, JB4 G5 whit MHD BMS backend flash pump

Last edited by Poppowisch; 06-20-2016 at 12:45 PM..
(#2632)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M-Sport
Default 06-19-2016, 06:06 PM

Damn no burble with stock DP and exhaust. Even w/ 3 secs at hard aggressiveness.

*** Drove in a parking garage, no sound difference (can't hear any burble). Will be undoing the change.

'15 435i ///M Sport
CTS Intake VRSF CP/Race FMIC/DP/TIC MST Inlet xHP S3 3.5 TMAP Wedge Tune in process

Last edited by RSicks; 06-19-2016 at 11:36 PM..
(#2633)
Old

Default 06-20-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSicks
Damn no burble with stock DP and exhaust. Even w/ 3 secs at hard aggressiveness.

*** Drove in a parking garage, no sound difference (can't hear any burble). Will be undoing the change.

I run stock dp and exhaust, just golf tee mod and I hear it loud and clear on the medium and 3s

(#2634)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 06-20-2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkster08
Same thing for me, sounded like a ghost cam tune. I mean it's kind of obvious that ALL cars go into cold start for a reason and forcing it to not go into cold start could and does act a little off.. Just live with the cold starts imo
Look at a Euro BIN and you'll see the cold start duration being 0 when the water temp is above a certain level. So no cold start for Euro cars when the engine is hot enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8R8k
If it is a leaky injector MHD may have created an easy way to diagnose leaky injectors.
But we won't know for sure until someone tests it.
There's a good indicator for leaky injector - watch the AFR and AFR2 values when you let off the gas. They should go up quick to 235 ( in a MHD log). You spot leaky injectors when one bank is lazy to reach, or can't sustain 235.
Does the jb4 caps afrs at 20?

Quote:
I tried 2 seconds / medium and can't hear a thing with my stock DP / stock exhaust
Settings are heavily dependent on exhaust mods. Try the hard setting.

Quote:

Exhaust must be warm, and rpm over 3k if you have the flap active.
(#2635)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default MHD UI Could be a Little More Foregiving - 06-20-2016, 12:19 PM

About to flash some changes to my E50 with N20 TMAP bin just now. MHD app said long write 9-20 minutes required. Damn. Got out of the car, connected the battery charger (don't bother for 2 minute flash). (Maybe I hit the "back" key on the app at this point?) Now see transmission error on Idrive screen and can't connect the DCAN cable. Damn. Damn. Car would not start. Could not clear codes. The app could not communicate with the ECU. $&&@?!
After plugging, unplugging DCAN three times, ignition on / off, etc. finally got a connection. But now need to do a full write 38 minutes. I guess somehow by stalling my write to connect the battery charger I corrupted the ECU/app???Damn. Damn. Damn. Writing this while I wait.
So this experience tells me that I think the UI for the MHD app needs to be a little more durable and forgiving to prevent this very common situation from causing a problem like this. Imagine if I was at a gas stationThis especially if you decide not to go forward with a flash in case it requires a long write, etc.
(#2636)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 06-20-2016, 12:24 PM

When flashing any vehicle, it pays to have a back up plan. Do so at your own risk.

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#2637)
Old

Car: 2007 335xi 6MT Sedan
Default 06-20-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
About to flash some changes to my E50 with N20 TMAP bin just now. MHD app said long write 9-20 minutes required. Damn. Got out of the car, connected the battery charger (don't bother for 2 minute flash). (Maybe I hit the "back" key on the app at this point?) Now see transmission error on Idrive screen and can't connect the DCAN cable. Damn. Damn. Car would not start. Could not clear codes. The app could not communicate with the ECU. $&&@?!
After plugging, unplugging DCAN three times, ignition on / off, etc. finally got a connection. But now need to do a full write 38 minutes. I guess somehow by stalling my write to connect the battery charger I corrupted the ECU/app???Damn. Damn. Damn. Writing this while I wait.
So this experience tells me that I think the UI for the MHD app needs to be a little more durable and forgiving to prevent this very common situation from causing a problem like this. Imagine if I was at a gas stationThis especially if you decide not to go forward with a flash in case it requires a long write, etc.
So, you started the flash process. decided you wanted to get the battery charger. so you cancelled the flash process. which pretty much is after certain things get deleted before flashing. and depending on when you cancelled it, half the stuff wasn't written yet. Which would cause a no start on any platform, and flashing solution. It has nothing to do with MHD. you didn't corrupt the MHD app, nor did MHD corrupt your ECU. you corrupted your own ECU flash memory by stopping the process part way through.

All you had to do was hook up the battery charger while it was flashing. or in the event of doing what you did. just force flash the map you were trying to write originally by re-selecting "Flash custom map" then the file you want. The DME is put into recovery mode in situations like that. Thanks MHD for not allowing the flasher program to brick the ECU.

As for deciding that you don't want to go thru with the long write at the gas station. MHD tells you before you start the flash how long the write is going to take after selecting the file. That screen is where you should make the decision. Why because it tells you how long the write is going be.

Don't blame MHD for something you did yourself, despite the visible warnings and information embedded in MHD.

"Increasing the Area Under The Curve"
Custom Performance ECU Calibration
www.twistedtuning.com
twistedtuned@gmail.com
(#2638)
Old

Default 06-20-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper135i
How do we acess this new "flarp" mode ? I have all the new features listed such as "what's new" but don't see anyother options besides adjusting my idle when attempting to flash a new map.
Look in options after you select what type of tranny you have.

'15 435i ///M Sport
CTS Intake VRSF CP/Race FMIC/DP/TIC MST Inlet xHP S3 3.5 TMAP Wedge Tune in process
(#2639)
Old

Car: 135
Default 06-20-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Look in options after you select what type of tranny you have.
I'm running the backend MHD not standalone
(#2640)
Old

Car: 135
Default 06-20-2016, 01:36 PM

*Update* deleted MHD and reinstalled the app. After doing so I received the new option for exhaust . Keep up the awesome work MHD !
(#2641)
Old

Default 06-20-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTuning
So, you started the flash process. decided you wanted to get the battery charger. so you cancelled the flash process. which pretty much is after certain things get deleted before flashing. and depending on when you cancelled it, half the stuff wasn't written yet. Which would cause a no start on any platform, and flashing solution. It has nothing to do with MHD. you didn't corrupt the MHD app, nor did MHD corrupt your ECU. you corrupted your own ECU flash memory by stopping the process part way through.

All you had to do was hook up the battery charger while it was flashing. or in the event of doing what you did. just force flash the map you were trying to write originally by re-selecting "Flash custom map" then the file you want. The DME is put into recovery mode in situations like that. Thanks MHD for not allowing the flasher program to brick the ECU.

As for deciding that you don't want to go thru with the long write at the gas station. MHD tells you before you start the flash how long the write is going to take after selecting the file. That screen is where you should make the decision. Why because it tells you how long the write is going be.

Don't blame MHD for something you did yourself, despite the visible warnings and information embedded in MHD.
Not exactly.
After the advanced options screen, but before flashing, I went to get the charger when told it would be a longish flash. I had not affirmatively started the flashing - at least I believed I hadn't started the flashing. Not sure what happened. I've been a Cobb user for four years and the UI is just a little bit more idiot proof IMHO. I'd like MHD app to also be a little more idiot proof. Just say'n!
(#2642)
Old

Default 06-20-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
When flashing any vehicle, it pays to have a back up plan. Do so at your own risk.
Agreed!
(#2643)
Old

Default 06-20-2016, 08:02 PM

hi, noob question here but i am very new to the MHD flash but i currently have a jb4 installed and I'm having a hard time trying to figure this out reading all of the info provided here but i was a direct answer rather than piecing together information from multiple posts
question: can i run mhd stage 1 93 octange and jb4 map 1 at the same time? and what would that do?
i am also having a hard time underatand this jb4 mehd backend flash and where to find these backend flashes if their helpful
incase this matters mods (afe dci, vrsf charge pipe w/ hks bov,2nd cats delete & muffler delete, always running 93 octane sometimes i run a few gallons of 100 octane if i get access to it, and JB4 map 1)
(#2644)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-20-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youraveragee90
hi, noob question here but i am very new to the MHD flash but i currently have a jb4 installed and I'm having a hard time trying to figure this out reading all of the info provided here but i was a direct answer rather than piecing together information from multiple posts
question: can i run mhd stage 1 93 octange and jb4 map 1 at the same time? and what would that do?
i am also having a hard time underatand this jb4 mehd backend flash and where to find these backend flashes if their helpful
incase this matters mods (afe dci, vrsf charge pipe w/ hks bov,2nd cats delete & muffler delete, always running 93 octane sometimes i run a few gallons of 100 octane if i get access to it, and JB4 map 1)
Backend flash info on the first post. Actually, all the info you need is there.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#2645)
Old

Default 06-20-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
I dunno then. I did a couple back road 0-100 runs then went through the same parking garage @4000 in Sport Mode and still nothing. Flap is active so that may be why.

Just weird that the flap is making it completely not noticeable at all at 3 sec / hard.

'15 435i ///M Sport

Last edited by RSicks; 06-20-2016 at 08:44 PM..
(#2646)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 06-21-2016, 07:08 AM

This new exhaust burble mod is crazy, lol. My car sounds like the 4th of July on decel.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#2647)
Old

Default 06-21-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
Martial, I figured it out. It was the app itself. I was going over every scenario I could on why my car was having the issues. It was not flashing through the app correctly. I deleted the app and reinstalled. On the newly installed MHD, I did another flash and it took. Now this does scare me a touch because now it works... Wth was being installed when I was flashing previously? Anyhow it works fine after reinstalling the app.

May want to suggest every once in a while after updates to start clean especially due to the sensitive nature of the app. Otherwise another kudos from me!

'15 435i ///M Sport
(#2648)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 06-21-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Martial, I figured it out. It was the app itself. I was going over every scenario I could on why my car was having the issues. It was not flashing through the app correctly. I deleted the app and reinstalled. On the newly installed MHD, I did another flash and it took. Now this does scare me a touch because now it works... Wth was being installed when I was flashing previously? Anyhow it works fine after reinstalling the app.

May want to suggest every once in a while after updates to start clean especially due to the sensitive nature of the app. Otherwise another kudos from me!
Maybe I'll give that a try. The exhaust burble was not having any effect on my car either despite being set to aggressive with a 3 seconds duration.

2008 335i MT
VRSF Inlets | MMP Outlets | VRSF Chargepipe | Turbosmart Race Port | VRSF DownP***s | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | BMS Cowl Filters |Spec 3+ Clutch | mFactory Flywheel | UUC SSK | UUC DSSR | Rouge Engineering Trans Mounts (Best Mod Ever) | TWM A6 Leopard Shift Knob (1.07lbs, 2nd Best Mod) | Boost Concepts FPM-1 | Fuel-it ES-1 |JB4 G5 ISO | MHD Flasher
(#2649)
Old

Car: n54
Default 06-21-2016, 03:33 PM

Hello,

I had the BMS backend flash installed with the BT cable from someone on the forums. Can you give me instructions on how to UNINSTALL the BMS backend flash using MHD and tablet? Where do I go? What thing do I select to put it back to stock?

I am planning to flash a different card (335i). Currently I was using map 7, backend flash, and e70mix. Power was insane. Is there an MHD map that is like that, basically that lets you run and is tuned for high levels of ethanol?
(#2650)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 06-21-2016, 06:01 PM

I just flashed the MHD backend flash right over the bbflash backend flash. No need to uninstall or flash to stock first.