N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 12-14-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
15ohm please.
****, even I dont have the 15ohm yet ! oh thats right i DOOOOO!
(#227)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
****, even I dont have the 15ohm yet ! oh thats right i DOOOOO!
pft, I can solder those bitches on myself if he won't do it! The idea here is to avoid it if I can

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#228)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
15ohm please.
LOL sorry we only allow 115mph or faster cars to have those.

JK.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#229)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 12-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

JK.
lmao 114.63 rounded up is 115

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#230)
Old

Car: 09' 335i Sedan
Default 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM

(#231)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 12-14-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:

JK.
phew!

if you had said 11.90 or better, id be screwed!
(#232)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 12-15-2010, 03:22 AM

Still waiting for my G4 alpha 6-speed manual 335i

Terry did not leave me.

If shipped with 15 ohms would be great

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#233)
Old

Default 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
Still waiting for my G4 alpha 6-speed manual 335i

Terry did not leave me.

If shipped with 15 ohms would be great
Don't worry, it's worth the wait!

I'm 6MT too.

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#234)
Old
Poor Kid with Dreams

Car: 335xi
Default 12-15-2010, 06:55 AM

6MT XI here waiting patiently for the beta that is

'07 335xi JB4, CXRacing IC, BMS DCI, Meth
'95 Mustang GTS 347ci Heads,Custom Cam,Intake Manifold,Tubular Front Suspension,Full Exhaust,Big and Littles
The Site to go to for Home Owner Knowledge: Home Owner Basics
(#235)
Old

Car: 135i 08
Default 12-15-2010, 07:49 AM

Why are you guys asking for different Resistors Values? i don't get it.
(#236)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 12-15-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desty
Why are you guys asking for different Resistors Values? i don't get it.
All N54 powered cars have an electrical motor coupled with the flywheel to help increase torque at low rpm while also saving gas. The lower ohm resisters allow the "electric assist" motor to pull more amps, therefor increasing power output. The only downside is increased chance of the electrical assist motor failing, which is around $7,000 to replace if you go to the dealership.

Did you know these were hybrid gas/electric cars? They also have regenerative braking.
(#237)
Old

Default 12-15-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
All N54 powered cars have an electrical motor coupled with the flywheel to help increase torque at low rpm while also saving gas. The lower ohm resisters allow the "electric assist" motor to pull more amps, therefor increasing power output. The only downside is increased chance of the electrical assist motor failing, which is around $7,000 to replace if you go to the dealership.

Did you know these were hybrid gas/electric cars? They also have regenerative braking.
Ur kidding right? Regenerative Braking with the n54 motor hmmm, i didnt know there was an electric motor lol first time i hear this. I'm smelling bull**** :P
(#238)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 12-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Ur kidding right? Regenerative Braking with the n54 motor hmmm, i didnt know there was an electric motor lol first time i hear this. I'm smelling bull**** :P
You have a good nose. The lower ohm resistors allow for a higher cycle duty of the turbo wastegates to be hit. This means you are also beginning to remove a safety factor.

Basically, lower ohm = potential for more boost.
(#239)
Old

Car: 08 135i vert with Sport and M options
Default 12-15-2010, 09:06 AM

This thread brings me so much excitement =)

2008 Alpine White 135i Vert with the Value package, Cold Weather Package, Convenience Package, Premium Package, ///M Sport Package with paddle shifters, with 264 wheels.

www.gotashton.com
(#240)
Old

Default 12-15-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
You have a good nose. The lower ohm resistors allow for a higher cycle duty of the turbo wastegates to be hit. This means you are also beginning to remove a safety factor.

Basically, lower ohm = potential for more boost.
Basicly gives you more boost but drasticly reduce turbos life.
(#241)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2010, 11:21 AM

lol!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#242)
Old

Default 12-15-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
lol!
Terry does the auto-tune takes into consideration the cold outside temps during the winter. like -4 F = more dense air = stronger explosions if mixed with the right amount of fuel ?

Possible having like a winter map
(#243)
Old
Call da Ambalamps

Car: 621whp/600tq MK4 Jetta and 135i
Default 12-15-2010, 12:24 PM

So ive got my car back from the failership finally, new injectors, plugs, about to be new vanos ****z. Im ready for JB4 15ohm Terry. Ill be lurking for the new alpha list.
(#244)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Terry does the auto-tune takes into consideration the cold outside temps during the winter. like -4 F = more dense air = stronger explosions if mixed with the right amount of fuel ?

Possible having like a winter map
The autotune isn't active yet in alpha. Right now it's just fixed maps and actually they don't have any taper in them at the moment for extreme cold or hot weather. But that is on the to-do list.

During very cold weather we may need to reduce boost for fuel purposes but the idea is to have the system monitor knock activity and also air/fuel and it will only reduce power if one or both are getting sketchy.

Burger Motorsports

(#245)
Old

Default 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
The autotune isn't active yet in alpha. Right now it's just fixed maps and actually they don't have any taper in them at the moment for extreme cold or hot weather. But that is on the to-do list.

During very cold weather we may need to reduce boost for fuel purposes but the idea is to have the system monitor knock activity and also air/fuel and it will only reduce power if one or both are getting sketchy.

Can't wait to put the final version in my car!! probably during the spring i suppose! :P
(#246)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 12-15-2010, 10:25 PM

So the G4 will come with 15 ohm resistors as well like on the g3 ? When will g4 beta come out ?

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#247)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2010, 10:32 PM

18 ohm by default. 15 ohm by special request.

Burger Motorsports

(#248)
Old
Super Demigod

Default 12-15-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:

I am reading the JB4 info, and I see that there are two pump gas maps (91 and 93 octane), a custom map, a conservative race gas map and a progressive meth map.

I am assuming the best way to target a specific boost target is to use the custom map and dial in about 2psi taper to redline?

also on the gauge options, 2/7, what is "avg retard"?

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#249)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2010, 11:37 PM

For the moment I'd suggest say map 2 for a bolt on car/93 octane off meth, and the progressive meth map with an additive of 40 on pump + meth.

Average retard is sort of like the aggression rating in the procede. The lower you are the closer you are to a maxed out timing curve (e.g. car can take more boost).

Burger Motorsports

(#250)
Old

Default 12-16-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
what is "avg retard"?
All other drivers?

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.