N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW 335 xdrive
Default Just installed vrsf catted dp log review help please - 05-21-2021, 03:17 AM

I just installed a catted vrsf ******** and I ran 2 logs the both pulls were in 3rd gear. First one was map 2 and second one was map 5. I'm not sure why the jb4 app has grouped them into one log file like that, that hasn't ever happened before but it looks to me like I'm over boosting in map 2 but map 5 looks pretty good from what I can see. I'm about to do an mhd bef next week but i wanted to know if there is anything I should try adjusting as of now. Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M2_R2_210521_0600.csv (25.4 KB, 93 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-21-2021, 10:51 AM

Map 2 is an additive map...you're not overboosting. Map 5 looks fine but your WGDC is maxed out....so either not much left in the turbo or you have a boost leak.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-21-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Map 2 is an additive map...you're not overboosting. Map 5 looks fine but your WGDC is maxed out....so either not much left in the turbo or you have a boost leak.
Okay I will double check everything The only thing that I was swapped out was the dp and the valve cover also the valve cover gasket. Do you know offhand how much the stock turbo will put out before it's fixed out is it like around 20 or 21?
(#4)
Old

Default 05-22-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
So I just reseated the 2 intercooler connections then went out and took a nother map 5 log. This time it looks alot better from what I can see the wgdc is still in the 90s but I'm at like 17psi then it looks like it holds it better near the end without maxing out the wgdc. The only thing that looks kinda weird is how choppy the throttle is near the end. Is that normal? Or is there anything you see that might be causing that? Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: csv MAP5 After reseating intercooler.csv (13.5 KB, 85 views)
(#5)
Old

Car: 2015 435i xdrive gran coupe
Default 05-22-2021, 09:57 AM

Think the throttle is modulating like that to help control your boost. You overshoot a little and the throttle drops a bit to bring it back to target.

What intercooler are you using? Your iats climb pretty quick for a single pull. The dme will usually begin to pull the performance above 120.

You say all you've done is the d pipe. Have you done an upgraded charge pipe yet? They are known to blow at boost below what you are running.

May want to bump up your fol. Your trims are about maxed.

Last edited by 435gc; 05-22-2021 at 10:12 AM..
(#6)
Old

Default 05-22-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfou335
Okay I will double check everything The only thing that I was swapped out was the dp and the valve cover also the valve cover gasket. Do you know offhand how much the stock turbo will put out before it's fixed out is it like around 20 or 21?
I was running 22psi on my stock ewg turbo for about a year before I put in the ps2. I think it still had some more to give, but I wanted to err on the side of longevity until I was ready to upgrade.
(#7)
Old

Default 05-28-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435gc
Think the throttle is modulating like that to help control your boost. You overshoot a little and the throttle drops a bit to bring it back to target.

What intercooler are you using? Your iats climb pretty quick for a single pull. The dme will usually begin to pull the performance above 120.

You say all you've done is the d pipe. Have you done an upgraded charge pipe yet? They are known to blow at boost below what you are running.

May want to bump up your fol. Your trims are about maxed.
So right now full mods are vrsf dp, CTS turbo cai, er charge pipe, running about 3.9 gal of e85 the rest 93. And yeh your right I do see the ait are pretty high but it was about 90 deg and I just was on the highway for like 15 min then did a pull on a back road right before I got to my house so I was already completely heatsoaked on a hot day. One question tho what do you mean by bump up your fol? Just got paid gunna grab a vrsf fmi this week sometime. That should help thanks for the help btw I'm still learning.
(#8)
Old

Default 05-29-2021, 08:07 AM

Ok the e85 explains the trims. With e85 added in your dme has to call for increased fuel flow with the trims signal.

With the trims signal about maxed out, the dme has no further ability to increase fuel flow to a control afr.

So you need to give the hpfp a bit of support to bring the trims signal down. You do this by increasing the value of the FOL or fuel open loop. FOL is the bias the jb4 applies to the hpfp.

I would bring yours up to 60 and relog to see if further adjustments are needed.

I would also bring your FF or feed forward down to like 100 to help get your wastegate learning sped up so your wgdc doesn't continue to sit at 99 so much. The jb4 would do this over time but it would take several pulls at least with yours at 140.

Suggest reviewing this:
Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Before going any further, please update your firmware to V18 and set your FOL to 90.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#10)
Old

Default 06-01-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Before going any further, please update your firmware to V18 and set your FOL to 90.
ok I will do that now and repost the logs I get
(#11)
Old

Default 06-02-2021, 01:14 AM

Quote:
ok so i now am on Firm V18 but on this firmware i'm getting this stupid drivetrain malfunction fault when I start up. Then i have to turn off the car then turn it back on and it goes away. (123412 electronic wastegate stop learning:stop position (wastegate closed) not found--123401 wastegate learning stop during *** heading cycle---123511 wastegate flap sluggish --- 123512 electric wastegate, wastegate valve coldstart: stiff. I had something like this show up before on the old firmware but i could overcome it by putting the car in accessory mode before starting. im not sure if that works now..... anyway i did 2 map 5 third gear pulls. first one i had to come off early. second one seemed pretty good. Any suggestions? should i stlll mess with the FOL?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M5_R2_210601_2314.csv (18.1 KB, 81 views)
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2021, 11:01 AM

Yes, I'd still recommend increasing your FOL to 90.

You also have some weird numbers in your user adjustment values. I'd recommend putting those back to the default values.

F Chassis N55 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

I'm also not so sure you don't have a boost leak. Your duty biases are really high, your FF is pretty high, and your WGDC is maxed out.

(#13)
Old

Default 06-02-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'd still recommend increasing your FOL to 90.

You also have some weird numbers in your user adjustment values. I'd recommend putting those back to the default values.

F Chassis N55 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

I'm also not so sure you don't have a boost leak. Your duty biases are really high, your FF is pretty high, and your WGDC is maxed out.
So I set my FOL to 90 and then did another map five third / fourth gear pull. I also set my user adjustment duty bias all back to 60 across the board. After looking at this log are you sure you still think I may have a boost leak because I see the duty cycle goes close to 99 but only until I hit target boost then it starts creeping down wouldn't it stay at 99 almost the whole time if it was leaking?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M5_R1_210602_1600.csv (10.3 KB, 84 views)
(#14)
Old

Default 06-02-2021, 01:18 PM

Thats what is indicating there is a leak. It shouldnt take 99% wgdc to hit 16psi of boost.

50 is the default duty bias setting.

Have you cleared those wastegate codes you were getting or did you just restart the car?
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2021, 09:54 AM

Why do you still have your PID gain set to 30? Trims look much better.

As for a leak...if your WGDC is maxed out down low, you should be hitting more than 16psi, just as 435GC stated.

(#16)
Old

Default 06-06-2021, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Why do you still have your PID gain set to 30? Trims look much better.

As for a leak...if your WGDC is maxed out down low, you should be hitting more than 16psi, just as 435GC stated.
Idk why I have my pid gain at 30 I think I was told to do that when I wasn't quite hitting my boost target on map 6 but what should I change the pid gain to now? Also I'm going to take a look at all the fittings today and see if I can find anything that might be leaking. Is there a common spot where the N55's leak boost or can it pretty much just be anywhere? Thanks again guys.

Ps yes I clear the wastegate codes every time pretty much but I've found that if I put the car in accessory mode then put my foot on the brake and start it the codes don't show up. If the drivetrain off function does show up I have to restart the car though or else I'm pretty much in limp mode.
(#17)
Old

Default 07-04-2021, 06:19 AM

Yesterday finally got the chance to pull off the charge pipe into intercooler connections swapped out the o-rings in all three places then went filled up with E-40 and took another log can you guys tell me if you think all my settings look good and if running map 5 is the best for me thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M5_R1_210703_1128.csv (9.6 KB, 62 views)
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2021, 01:01 PM

Looks pretty clean and AVG Ign is droipping. A couple minor timing corrections but they recover and don't repeat. Boost will increase as Avg Ign drops unless there are more corrections.

(#19)
Old

Default 07-09-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Looks pretty clean and AVG Ign is droipping. A couple minor timing corrections but they recover and don't repeat. Boost will increase as Avg Ign drops unless there are more corrections.
Awesome thanks for all the help I'll be getting a fmic pretty soon not planing to really push it much at all untill then. Also I'm going to swap out my plugs here soon too they have 30k on em but got em from FCP euro so basically get a free set whenever I feel like it. What do you suggest I gap them to I'm pretty sure last time I went with .022 do you think that's good for my setup?
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2021, 06:34 PM

.022" for pump gas.