N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 05-12-2016, 03:53 PM

Do you want me to start a thread in the M section (as only M cars and m sport cars have the canflap module)? Also it will keep this thread clean and clutter free for support or questions.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#177)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2016, 04:23 PM

The last thing I want is more threads to follow. But if a large public demand appears for CANFLap module data logging using the JB4 interface similar to how the JB4 logs then we'd have no choice but to pay attention to that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#178)
Old

Car: M4
Default 05-13-2016, 08:58 AM

After 4 emails I still dont understand this. Can someone please explain in detail how the code deletion and BLOCKING works?

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 05-13-2016 at 09:08 AM..
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2016, 09:40 AM

You need to go in to "menu mode" to change settings. Once in menu mode you move the speed up 4 times, press and hold, to enable that feature. Then it exits menu mode. And the CEL should clear.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Default Finally - 05-13-2016, 10:52 AM

For anyone else in the future who needs help understanding the code clearing and how it work, Mike at N54tuning.com was kind enough to walk me thru the options of how the code clearing works.
Thank you Mike N54tunning.com!

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 05-13-2016 at 11:01 AM..
(#181)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM
Hi Terry,
Auto clear only works one way. When it's enabled (menu 4 showing blinker to the left) it clears passive faults. Real (active) faults continue to show a light in dash regardless of whether or not auto clear is enabled or disabled.

Burger Motorsports

(#182)
Old

Default 05-13-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you are contacting anyone OTHER than posting the question in this thread, then that sounds like a waste of time for you and whoever you're contacting. This thread is the only place for information/questions related to the CAN Flap module.

What you are describing sounds like an older interface method. I'll check the videos in the first post when I'm back at the office and update them if they are out of date. And augment the written directions as well.

No offense Terry. But I specifically asked Ando how this works in three emails and I got short answers. My last email to his asking him was ignored.

I moved on to you for clarification. You didnt really go into detail on how this works you told me to go to this thread and watch the video.

So I watch the video over and over and Im even more confused and now I know why. Its because your directions on the video are out of date.

I went to your vender because I felt like you were dismissing my questions and he was willing to explain. Thats a good vender to have if you ask me.

Thank you for confirming your video is wrong. That was the root of my confusion. Maybe add a 1 page manual with the canflap? If I had an accurate manual from the get go, none of us would have wasted all this time.

Sincerely,
D
(#183)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2016, 12:40 PM

Right the basic problem is the video is out of date. It's from the V1 software. We're on V4 now. So I deleted it and will make a new video. The written directions though are accurate. To avoid future confusion I'm going to clean up the posts.

Quote:
Exhaust Valve Mode:

Toggle between flap open, flap closed, and OEM operation, by pressing the BC button for 2 seconds. The left blinker will flash for valve open, right blinker for valve closed, and both blinkers for OEM operation. The valve setting is persistent and will remain in effect until you change it. Note if you hold the BC button down too long you will enter the menu system below.

Menu System:

To enter the menu system press and hold the BC button until both arrows flash and the tach drops to "ready". Press and quickly release the BC button to toggle between different tach selections or menus. As you toggle through the menu selections documented in the list below your blinkers will indicate left for enabled, right for disabled, or both for undefined/unused menu. If you toggle past the last menu it will wrap back around to menu 0. To change a menu selection press and hold the BC button while you're focused on that menu. This will trigger the system to switch the blinker position and exit menu mode. Note holding the BC will change the status of a menu on all menus except for menu 0 and undefined menus where both blinkers are on. So if you wish to exit without changing anything, for example if you entered the menu system accidentally, simply press and hold the BC button on menu 0 and you'll exit out.

0: Undefined/Unused.
1: Active Sound MUTE - When flap is open full time
2: Active Sound MUTE - When flap is closed or OEM operation
3: Boost gauge on fuel, scaling 0-20psi, activates when boost goes over 5psi
4: OBDII Diagnostic Code Delete Mode
5: LED HALO Max Brightness at Night

Burger Motorsports

(#184)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 06-03-2016, 07:28 AM

Hi Terry

Would it be possible to have this code the last user mode for A.S.S?
In the UK they will no longer sort this at a dealership!

Is there anyway this can also make the alarm beep when locking and unlocking the car?

Thanks David
(#185)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-03-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweddle
Hi Terry

Would it be possible to have this code the last user mode for A.S.S?
In the UK they will no longer sort this at a dealership!

Is there anyway this can also make the alarm beep when locking and unlocking the car?

Thanks David
To get rid of the beeping you'd have to code the car and I'm not sure of the jb4 or canbus module can do it.

(#186)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 06-03-2016, 09:17 AM

I want the car to beep, mine currently doesn't and I would like it to.
(#187)
Old

Car: x6 f16
Default Auto Side mirrors folding - 06-29-2016, 09:55 PM

Hi

Macht Schnell provides the option of auto side mirror closer when locking the doors is it possible to have the same option with OBD CAN ??
(#188)
Old

Car: F80
Default 07-07-2016, 08:00 PM

Hi Terry, I just received my module today. I just wanted to check what firmware it would have shipped with and whether I need to update the module to v4 (under User Adjustment menu it says Firmware 75/4 and Interface Version 3/1/16, so I am thinking that does mean v4 already). Thanks, I am looking forward to testing it out tomorrow!

BTW, I would also vote for data logging and additional features such as windows, auto fold mirrors etc.

Last edited by ht9; 07-07-2016 at 09:10 PM..
(#189)
Old

Default 07-08-2016, 11:05 AM

In addition, one other question, it appears my menu now has 7 options instead of 5 per the first post. Had done other things been moved/added? The boost gauge does not appear to be working with menu #3 activated?
(#190)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 07-11-2016, 07:00 PM

Hi everyone, new M235i owner and I just picked up the BMS Canflap as a first mod. My question is.... before entering into the menu, I can press the BC button and hear the flap opening/closing but my turn signals are not indicating whether it is open/closed/oem operation. Any help or suggestions to sort it out. Thanks in advance
(#191)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Might just be a bug in the firmware on that model flashing the arrow for the M235. They are bit finikier with the dash controls.

Burger Motorsports

(#192)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 07-11-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Might just be a bug in the firmware on that model flashing the arrow for the M235. They are bit finikier with the dash controls.
Thanks Terry but is there any way to tell what mode the flap is in?? I'd like to leave it open all the time.
(#193)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Terry, any idea on why I am not showing anything for boost gauge in my fuel indicator? And 7 menu items vs 5? Thanks!
(#194)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2016, 09:05 PM

If you can get a BMS data cable you can check the firmware version and I can shoot over an update to see if that resolves the flasher issue. And then we can go from there.

Burger Motorsports

(#195)
Old

Default 07-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
If you can get a BMS data cable you can check the firmware version and I can shoot over an update to see if that resolves the flasher issue. And then we can go from there.
Thanks Terry, I have the BMS cable.
(#196)
Old

Default 07-13-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Terry, it appears from JB4 interface that I have firmware version 75/4. Am I looking at the correct thing? Menu 3 in my car is enabled, but don't seem to be getting the boost gauge. I have a 2016 M3/F80 just FYI.
(#197)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2016, 06:02 PM

OK drop me an email and I can help you sort it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#198)
Old
Demigod

Default 07-17-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
The last thing I want is more threads to follow. But if a large public demand appears for CANFLap module data logging using the JB4 interface similar to how the JB4 logs then we'd have no choice but to pay attention to that.
Ok I've been asking around and so far 24 people (some on bimmer post, some personal friends) would like to have a way of logging to check engine parameters and see if everything is ok, the thing is some of these people are using other Piggy backs, flash tunes etc so they either can't use a jb4 to log or don't want the additional cost on top of a flash tune.

Last edited by Lowon; 07-17-2016 at 01:03 PM..
(#199)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2016, 01:05 PM

OK I'll throw it on the to-look-at-list.

Burger Motorsports

(#200)
Old
Demigod

Default 07-17-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
OK I'll throw it on the to-look-at-list.
Cool! im sure all the flash users and dinan guys could appreciate some datalogging (and hopefully the jb4 mobile gauges, as vent gauges are way more expensive) capabilities especially when some flash tuners dont know how to deal with the HPFP crashing or dont even acknowledge its existence.
Hope you guys can make it similar or identical to how the jb4 logs if possible

Last edited by Lowon; 07-17-2016 at 02:42 PM..