N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 07-24-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
OK I'll throw it on the to-look-at-list.
Hey Terry,
Update I have a list of 36 people that want logging and jb4 mobile gauges (if you can make the Bluetooth module work that'd be sweet, otherwise those on the list said they'd use otg connection) on the can flap module lol. 37 if you count me I'd like to have it on my new x5m that I should have by end of summer.
Hope you guys can make it happen
~Lowon

Edit- my local flash tuner who also uses the jb4 as a boost controller, said he would like to have a cheaper means to get logging to clients that don't want the jb4 and want to run flash only. So I guess you could also sell these to tuners as well!

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#202)
Old

Car: F82 M4
Default 08-08-2016, 09:26 PM

Where is the link to the current firmware file? No link on #1 post!
(#203)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2016, 06:32 PM

Firmware was removed from the first post as people have been loading it on the wrong systems.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#204)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 08-10-2016, 07:16 PM

HI Terry,

I just ordered this Can Flap Module. Have a few quick question.

If i set the valve to Open. Drive around and turn the car off. Few days later when i start the car will it still be set to open?

If above question is yes. Before i start the car will it be at open position? or i need to wait for it to open after start the car?

Also what firmware is sent with the device? Is there a update? if yes can i get the firmware to DL?

Thanks Alot
(#205)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2016, 08:26 PM

Yes settings are persistent. Nothing happens until car is started though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#206)
Old

Default 08-10-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Yes settings are persistent. Nothing happens until car is started though.
So do you mean when i start the car the vavles are close. After start the car then the vavles will open?

If i power on the car with out start will it also open?

Thanks. Also can i get the link for the new firmware
(#207)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2016, 08:55 PM

They ship loaded with firmware already.

When the car powers up the module turns on and moves exhaust flaps to the selected position.

Burger Motorsports

(#208)
Old

Default 08-10-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
They ship loaded with firmware already.

When the car powers up the module turns on and moves exhaust flaps to the selected position.
Thanks alot for you help. Cant wait to receive it. I also bought the usb cable. So i can install the new firmware if it comes out.
(#209)
Old

Car: '15 F82 M4
Default 08-13-2016, 06:39 PM

Terry,

Wondering where I can get the new firmware now that its removed from this thread. Want to update to V4.

Thanks for the help
(#210)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Just email for firmware updates.

Burger Motorsports

(#211)
Old

Default 08-14-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Just email for firmware updates.
Terry,

Just to confirm they ship with the latest firmware V4 loaded?
(#212)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2016, 09:47 AM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#213)
Old

Car: 2010 535i 6MT M-sport
Default 09-16-2016, 02:28 AM

Hi Terry - I have one of the original versions of the CAN Flap module for my 2015 F80 M3. It may have the original or perhaps 2nd version of the software. Before I bought the module, I had the active sound coded out. I am getting ready to update the CAN Flap module to the latest version which allows turning on/off active sound.

Since my active sound is coded out already, would the CAN Flap module be able to turn active sound back on and off?

Also, can you email me the latest version of the CAN Flap firmware? Thanks.
(#214)
Old

Car: F32 428i
Default 12-28-2016, 05:07 PM

Terry,

Curious to know if there was any further development of the valve opening delay feature.

I would love to have my flaps open all the time but I don't want them open for when I first start the car. I would love to be able to just have the device leave a 30 or 60 second delay from the time it wakes up to the time it applies my settings.
(#215)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2016, 05:11 PM

I've been meaning to work on this feature but have not had a chance to yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#216)
Old

Car: F32 428i
Default 12-28-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I've been meaning to work on this feature but have not had a chance to yet.
Good to know you're still considering it lol. I am planning on picking one of these up for my F80 thats supposed to come in late Feb. Not too interested in tuning it off the bat, as my last car was a 428 (with a jb4) so I think the power will be plenty for me to begin with, lol.

Anyway, hopefully you get around to it, if you want to shoot me a test firmware I'd be happy to try it out whenever you do.
(#217)
Old

Car: 2016 M4
Default 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM

I bought my unit in March 2016 and have not looked to update it until now. I cannot find anything to show there has been an update. Has there and where can I get the download.
(#218)
Old

Car: F30 335i xDrive MT
Default 06-17-2017, 08:21 AM

Hello. Is it working on G30 540i?

Thanx

@a2performance
(#219)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2017, 08:35 AM

G series not supported, sorry.

We will be adding B48/B58 CANflap support soon!

Burger Motorsports

(#220)
Old

Car: 2013 E70 X5 35i Sport Activity
Default 06-30-2017, 10:22 PM

@Terry - I have one of the original CAN Flap BMS products, and haven't ran any updates on firmware. It worked beautifully for years on my F80, but I just got a F86 X6M, and although I can access the menus and step through them, what I am unable to do is hold the BC button and see the indicators flash left/right/both to show me that the flaps are open/closed/OEM. Interestingly, I can hear the flap opening, closing. I'm convinced it's something in the firmware but please advise. Thanks.
(#221)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2017, 12:34 PM

I don't know that it's compatible with the F86 platform... If you want to send just the control box in we can always flash it to the latest firmware for you, though.

If it's working maybe only issue the in dash commands are missing for your model.

Burger Motorsports

(#222)
Old

Car: 2013 E70 X5 35i Sport Activity
Default 07-05-2017, 07:55 AM

Terry, would you mind emailing me the latest firmware please? I have what i need to update it here and give it a shot. Thanks.
(#223)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2017, 08:27 AM

Email for it

Burger Motorsports

(#224)
Old

Car: 2018 440i MSPPK
Default 08-11-2017, 01:42 PM

Terry,

Will this work on my 2018 LCI 440i with ID6 and MSPPK?

I've only had the car about six weeks and was planning to order the module, but I just noticed that pushing and holding the BC button has some functions that weren't there on my prior car. For instance, if mileage from "Vehicle Info" is displayed in the instrument cluster, pushing and holding will reset it to zero.

Thanks!

P.S. Guess I should have checked with you first before I pimped this thing on another forum.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...97&postcount=4
(#225)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2017, 01:56 PM

Is it an F series or G series in 2018?

Burger Motorsports