N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default smog with jb4 and back end flash? - 08-13-2020, 02:43 PM

can i pass CA smog with a jb4 and with the back end flash?? I know many people have passed with just the jb4 switched to map 0 but can i pass with the jb4 with the back end flash? or do i need to flash back to stock swap out the 3.5bar map sensor with stock and switch jb4 to map 0 to pass?

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw

Last edited by Riceball777; 08-13-2020 at 05:11 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 08-13-2020, 06:23 PM

Monitors must be set ready to pass (drive cycle complete). Also, emissions for Catalyst and O2 sensors must be supported in the flash/tune you have on the dme or the State computers will ‘flag’ and fail the car outright.

This means if you have MHD, flash with ‘OEM/Ca tted D Ps’ checked, yes checked. Or back to stock if you have manipulated or tuned out the ca ts/secondary O2s with TunerPro.

I don't believe the JB4 (USA) settings will make a difference though you may need to experiment or require a d p fix with your setup to enable monitors to set ready for emissions tests.

You have an extensive mod list so visual inspection could be problem as well.

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP

Last edited by dmckmc; 08-13-2020 at 06:36 PM..
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 08-13-2020, 07:17 PM

I normally been just doing illegal smogs for the last 20+ years but it’s been getting much harder to be able to do illegal smogs, this is my first time trying to actually pass a smog test. I have friends that own smog shops so I won’t have to worry about the illegal visual things like the intake, blow off valve and thing that don’t affect the readiness of the monitors. My only monitor that is not ready is for the cats since I don’t have cats on my car so I will just install the o2 fix or I can install the stock down pipe’s

My question is after I install the stock down pipe will I be fine with JB4 in map 0 or with the off the self mbd back end flash cause me issues?

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw