N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default Help with hybrid tuning - 10-07-2019, 09:17 AM

Hey Dave I decided to give it a try and with your support tune the car. I'm currently running the PUMP BEF flash on the hybrid turbos. from my understanding I should change everything on map 6 settings to what is shown under the hybrid thread is that correct? The car currently is running at 17 lbs and controls the boost well but I'll include a log for you to look at. It pulls timing a lot down low.
Attached Files
File Type: csv MAP 6 17 lbs.csv (26.7 KB, 91 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 10-07-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBShiznit
Hey Dave I decided to give it a try and with your support tune the car. I'm currently running the PUMP BEF flash on the hybrid turbos. from my understanding I should change everything on map 6 settings to what is shown under the hybrid thread is that correct? The car currently is running at 17 lbs and controls the boost well but I'll include a log for you to look at. It pulls timing a lot down low.
Hey- will get you sorted out right.

One thing i will mention- make sure your FUD settings are correct / set to default per our hybrid notes.

We need to keep an eye on your LPFP- that's touching the upper 50's up top- what is in your tank now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Currently I'm running 93 pump gas. Also I followed the instructions but when I turn the value from 0 to 1 under the TMAP sensor the car starts breaking up pretty bad at partial throttle. I do have the N20 TMAP sensor installed as well and my boost reads 9 lbs at idle.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-07-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Currently I'm running 93 pump gas. Also I followed the instructions but when I turn the value from 0 to 1 under the TMAP sensor the car starts breaking up pretty bad at partial throttle. I do have the N20 TMAP sensor installed as well and my boost reads 9 lbs at idle.
Do you have the n20 option checked in MHD as well? If yes- you only want it enabled on the JB4 side.

Also your FUD Option is not set correctly- you have none- you’ll want to disable FF gain

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Do you have the n20 option checked in MHD as well? If yes- you only want it enabled on the JB4 side.
I do not as the option is only available as a standalone flash
(#6)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 02:56 PM

However if I change the N20 TMAP value to 0 the car runs fine but the JB4 won’t allow boost over 21 lbs
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-07-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
However if I change the N20 TMAP value to 0 the car runs fine but the JB4 won’t allow boost over 21 lbs
That’s odd. Do you have the sensor adapter as well, or just the sensor?

Also- that option is available not just flash only- double check options- & just make sure it’s not checked on the MHD options, if it is reflash.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 06:08 PM

No adaptor, I did however flip the wires so the sensor worked, from a diy. I flipped the two outer wires and then flipped the two inside wires. I didnít see any other options from MHD for TMAP sensor other than the flash option but I will double check tomorrow and get back to you. The car runs fine when the 3.5bar option is off though so itíd lead me to believe that the sensor is working properly? I have no clue at this point
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-07-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
No adaptor, I did however flip the wires so the sensor worked, from a diy. I flipped the two outer wires and then flipped the two inside wires. I didnít see any other options from MHD for TMAP sensor other than the flash option but I will double check tomorrow and get back to you. The car runs fine when the 3.5bar option is off though so itíd lead me to believe that the sensor is working properly? I have no clue at this point
If the sensor was working fine, it would allow you to boost over 21 psi. I know some flip the wires- not super common because the adapter is so cheap, but i guess it works? Iíd double check no wires are damaged / flipped correctly.

Throwing any codes?

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 03:18 AM

Thatís whatís weird as well it throws no codes
(#11)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-08-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
If the sensor was working fine, it would allow you to boost over 21 psi. I know some flip the wires- not super common because the adapter is so cheap, but i guess it works? Iíd double check no wires are damaged / flipped correctly.

Throwing any codes?
Looks like the boost safety is set at 21 PSI according to the attached log. That might be why. If I am not mistake you can turn this up in settings to whatever you want.
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-08-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelkswagen
Looks like the boost safety is set at 21 PSI according to the attached log. That might be why. If I am not mistake you can turn this up in settings to whatever you want.
With the n20 option chosen, yes you can.

But that doesnít explain the car not running correctly with option 1 set for the n20.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelkswagen
If the option for N20 TMAP is on 0 the JB4 interface will not allow for boost to go over 21.0 when manual editing it. Once I turn the N20 option to 1 then I can change the boost safety to 30 as the hybrid turbo thread indicates however the engine will not run right. At partial throttle the car breaks up and feels like its choking.
(#14)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Do you need an N20 map sensor on your N54 or N55 BMW? - YouTube

This is a DIY on how to set up the harness for the sensor. I'm also 100% I did it right because I swapped the wires in pairs not to mix them. I swapped outside first and then the inside wires.
(#15)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 12:02 PM

So I actually had three codes come up when driving with 3.5 TMAP turned on. They were the following

2ABD Intake pressure sensor, re-running
2ABC Charging pressure sensor, electrical
3100 low boost mode engaged - CEL displayed
(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-09-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
So I actually had three codes come up when driving with 3.5 TMAP turned on. They were the following

2ABD Intake pressure sensor, re-running
2ABC Charging pressure sensor, electrical
3100 low boost mode engaged - CEL displayed
Those are usually thrown when thereís an issue with the n20

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 10-09-2019, 09:06 AM

I'll hace a look at the sensor and the wiring. Sensor is brand new as well. Hopefully still under warranty.
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-09-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I'll hace a look at the sensor and the wiring. Sensor is brand new as well. Hopefully still under warranty.
Yeah give it a 1 over..

Iíd strongly suggest our PNP harness too at this point.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 10-11-2019, 07:56 AM

So I found the issue. Contacted Bimmerworld and spoke with Phil who helped me with the part number on my N20 sensor. Looks like I did order the N20 sensor but not the correct one. There are two N20 sensors.

I purchased part #13627599042

but the correct one is part #13627843531

This makes sense as to why the car would run right under 21 pounds of boost and not when I change the setting in the JB4.

Next week I should receive the sensor and I'll be able to do some proper logs.
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-12-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
So I found the issue. Contacted Bimmerworld and spoke with Phil who helped me with the part number on my N20 sensor. Looks like I did order the N20 sensor but not the correct one. There are two N20 sensors.

I purchased part #13627599042

but the correct one is part #13627843531

This makes sense as to why the car would run right under 21 pounds of boost and not when I change the setting in the JB4.

Next week I should receive the sensor and I'll be able to do some proper logs.
Sounds good

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 10-24-2019, 04:34 PM

This has become so frustrating to say the least. Ordered the new sensor and it got lost.. Finally got it yesterday installed it and the car was acting the same exact same way as before. At this point I thought it was the harness and went over the wire swap I did. I figured let me revert what I did to stock and the car showed no boost reading. Swapped the wires once again and the car ran perfect on TMAP option 0. Set it to TMAP option 1 and runs like crap again. I've ordered both sensors from BimmerWorld and they are not knock offs either. I really wish I could get this resolved but dont know what to chase after next.
(#22)
Old

Default 10-25-2019, 05:29 AM

Since I'm currently having the issue with the sensor, until it is resolved I'd like to run the car at 19-20 psi. Dave can you help me tune for that as I try to figure out my TMAP issue? The way I see it I'll have to add meth and or upgrade fueling before I can go above that anyway since stock fueling wont allow me to.

I set up map 6 as the hybrid turbo thread recommends and lowered the boost values however the car always drops to map 4 because boost always goes over 21lbs. Is there a way I can tame the boost so it doesn't jump so fast?
(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Since I'm currently having the issue with the sensor, until it is resolved I'd like to run the car at 19-20 psi. Dave can you help me tune for that as I try to figure out my TMAP issue? The way I see it I'll have to add meth and or upgrade fueling before I can go above that anyway since stock fueling wont allow me to.

I set up map 6 as the hybrid turbo thread recommends and lowered the boost values however the car always drops to map 4 because boost always goes over 21lbs. Is there a way I can tame the boost so it doesn't jump so fast?
throw up a log

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default 10-25-2019, 09:53 AM

Will do ASAP
(#25)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Will do ASAP

Burger Motorsports