N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 335is 6 speed
Default How the hell can I spit fire on idle when revving? - 10-07-2019, 07:24 AM

I have a 335is (N54) with c@tless ** (why is *** censored?) and second c@t delete with resonators added. Rest of exhaust is stock.

I also have other mods to run MHD Stage2+ 93 Octane. I also have the max burple aggressiveness around 1.5 seconds with shift bog delete. When I idle rev it, it bounces off the limiter and I keep the pedal tapped lightly so that I can trigger the burble as well as the revs go down. As you can see in the video there is ****all coming out, not even a flash in the exhaust.

Can someone tell me how the hell can I do fire? What am I missing here? My car is just missing this for car meets. I don't even think I do fire either when driving.

https://youtu.be/lR6Sfk148f0
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-07-2019, 10:11 AM

You need 2step for that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-08-2019, 10:30 AM

I will be installing a JB4 2 step relay by the end of next week and will upload a DIY, keep an eye on my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDh...l5JQ9HlKxPZvhA
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-08-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelkswagen
I will be installing a JB4 2 step relay by the end of next week and will upload a DIY, keep an eye on my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDh...l5JQ9HlKxPZvhA
Awesome!!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 10-10-2019, 07:04 AM

cringe
(#6)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelkswagen
Ok nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You need 2step for that.
Right huh? Because 2step purposely puts fuel into the turbo so it can keep boost so basically the combustion is like in there?

Is JB4 the only 2 step option out there? I already have mhd and getting JB4 + 2step just seems like such a waste of money.

Also I suppose not so good for turbos.
(#7)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psblah
cringe
New experiences may definitely be cringe at first.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-10-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal
Ok nice.

Right huh? Because 2step purposely puts fuel into the turbo so it can keep boost so basically the combustion is like in there?

Is JB4 the only 2 step option out there? I already have mhd and getting JB4 + 2step just seems like such a waste of money.

Also I suppose not so good for turbos.
You can get the WOT box, but that takes time to wire up etc and I think it's about $200.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 10-10-2019, 01:06 PM

Cringing hard.
(#10)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 10-10-2019, 01:11 PM

People instal 2 step as a launch control device at the drags or roll racing to spool the turbo.
Free reving in the carpark to impress your mates is pretty funny.
(#11)
Old
Oh Dimi.

Car: 2010 335i e90
Default 10-15-2019, 11:17 PM

E90 335 2step - YouTube
Rolling antilag e90 335 - YouTube

Here’s two videos of my car, I don’t have a ton of others at the moment currently dialing in things with paint, interior, etc in prep for a mag feature. When cars back could provide more if interested. @ohdimi on IG if you’d like to see whatever else I have for videos etc.

Daily Driver:2010 e90 335i AT
ER FMIC w/CF Shroud - ER Competition Oil Cooler - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - JB4 G5 ISO - 100%E85 - Alpina TCU Flash - Vanguard Exhaust - Macht Schnell 3' CTLS DP - TFT Inlets - aFe Air Dam - TiAL BOV - Fuel-it! STG3 LPFP - Motiv PI - PURE STG2 - DSS Axles - 630+whp

In-Progress:
1987 MKIII Toyota Supra
1JZ-GTE Swap
Build thread located here:
http://socalsupras.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1356
(#12)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-29-2019, 12:33 PM

2-Step is definitely one of those "controversial" upgrades where you will find people on both sides of the fence telling you 'yay' or 'nay'.

My biggest gripe with 2-step is it can significantly reduce the life of your turbos. To some people, that's not a problem, but after replacing the turbos in my car 3 times in one year, I don't want to do that anymore anytime soon.

I do shoot some massive fireballs on the highway and made people jump out of their skin when I pass them, which is good enough for me.

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:
Trebila tune, xHP stg3, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, VSRF ceramic 3", ER Charge Pipe w/ Forge DVs, AMS Intercooler, Fuel-It Stg3+ LPFP, Pheonix Intake W/ PI, MMPe 1k's

Suspension:
Front & Rear 1M/M3 control arms & Subframe Bushings, MFactory YCW coils w/ Swift Springs

Exhaust:
Berk Street Performance Axle-back w/ straight Midpipes