N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E36 Turbo, E92 335xi, E53 X5
Default Log review - 09-15-2019, 08:11 PM

hello, i just installed pure stage 2 turbos, inlets, ******* *********, active bov, walbro 450 lpfp, hybrid pump bef. running map 6 with hybrid turbo settings.

please review log.2019-09-15 18_17_08_Gear-3_Map-6.csv
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-15-2019, 09:38 PM

Log is too short - we need a WOT pull from 2k to redline.

Also- try logging map 1 first, if just Installed

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-16-2019, 06:29 AM

ok, will do thanks.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-17-2019, 08:11 PM

Hey guys, just took another log, map 1 2k to redline, if you guys can please review, thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-17 22_07_07_Gear-3_Map-1.csv (11.6 KB, 59 views)
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-18-2019, 06:53 AM

In general looks okay.

Timing looks good, as does boost (slightly over target, but not bad)

HPFP might start to be an issue as you jump up in maps- trims are hovering in the 40s too.

What is your fuel mix?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 09-18-2019, 07:48 PM

pump 93. Planning on mixing in some e85 occasionally.
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-20-2019, 07:28 AM

You can start to introduce some e if you want.

Just be mindful of fuel trims & your HPFP

Most start with e30 or so

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 09-20-2019, 08:37 AM

hey Dave,

got some since last log, post *** sensors were mixed, which probably caused high trims, and also leaky injector in cyl 4.
Repaired issues this morning, so i will take another log and report back.

thanks!
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-20-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWe36boost
hey Dave,

got some since last log, post *** sensors were mixed, which probably caused high trims, and also leaky injector in cyl 4.
Repaired issues this morning, so i will take another log and report back.

thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 09-22-2019, 04:49 PM

Hey Guys, here are some logs of map1 and map6 after repairing some of the issues. i think the fuel trims look much better. Pleases take a look.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-22 18_41_09_Gear-3_Map-1.csv (11.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-22 18_43_46_Gear-3_Map-6.csv (9.9 KB, 54 views)
(#11)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-22-2019, 10:31 PM

I am fairly amateur at analyzing hybrid logs, but your map 1 looks good to me aside from somewhat high IAT (not sure your locale).

Your map 6 is definitely too much boost for the fuel. Pulling lots of timing, trims are maxed, and your HPFP is dipping below 9. For map 6 you should probably run more E and drop the boost, maybe to 21 psi for your next log?

You aren't Port injected are you? I think for that high of boost you will start needing to look into that for fueling. Someone correct me if I am wrong. your HPFP is struggling at 25 psi, but I believe that is totally normal without PI (you need PI for this).
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-23-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys, here are some logs of map1 and map6 after repairing some of the issues. i think the fuel trims look much better. Pleases take a look.
What are you using for fueling?

Your map 6 looks a mess- timing corrections & trims nearly max out. Need to back things down

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 09-23-2019, 09:40 AM

This was on 93 oct. jb4 hybrid turbo pump bef on setup base settings. no port injection for now, just a walbro 450 lpfp in tank. What do you recommend for now, with out port injection? What should i adjust exactly. i have been running on map 1, just threw in a map 6 to see. How does the map 1 log look?
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-23-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
This was on 93 oct. jb4 hybrid turbo pump bef on setup base settings. no port injection for now, just a walbro 450 lpfp in tank. What do you recommend for now, with out port injection? What should i adjust exactly. i have been running on map 1, just threw in a map 6 to see. How does the map 1 log look?
You can introduce some ethanol if you want. If you just want to see the corrections go away- throw in 1-2 gallons of e85.

If you want to run ethanol in general- meausre your e-content @ the pump & let's start w. E30 or so.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 09-23-2019, 02:56 PM

Ok, will do. Am i safe with 93 oct in map1? And just add ethanol with map 6? And also when adding ethanol should i use e85 bef?
(#16)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335i
Default 09-23-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Ok, will do. Am i safe with 93 oct in map1? And just add ethanol with map 6? And also when adding ethanol should i use e85 bef?
You can run e30 maybe e40 on the pump bef. If you decide to go e40 or more youll need the E85 bef.

08 E90 335i - MONTEGO BLUE - JB4/MHD E85 BEF
BMS DCI - BMS OCC - NRW CARBON COWL FILTERS
MMP CHARGEPIPE - TIAL BOV - VRSF 7.5 RACE FMIC
VRSF DPs - VRSF INLETS - VRSF OUTLETS
BMS PEDAL TUNER - RB PCV VALVE - 3.5 BAR TMAP
NGK 97506 @.022 - PFS STAGE 2 LPFP - H&R SPRINGS
SPOOL PERFORMANCE ETHANOL ANALYZER
MISHIMOTO 25 ROW OIL COOLER
BMS SPORT OIL COOLER VALVE - NRW V1 PADDLES
MISHIMOTO 15 ROW TRANSMISSION COOLER
19 666m WHEELS - HANKOOK VENTUS V12 EVO 2s
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-23-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
You can run e85 on any of the maps, not just 6

Our pump flash is ok for up to around e30/40

Burger Motorsports