N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Andrew3424 Andrew3424 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: E92 335
Default Installing new pure cast turbos - 06-04-2019, 06:42 AM

Hey guys so I bit the bullet on my 2008 335i and just purchased the new pure cast turbos! I'm already fbo, stage 2 lpfp, exhaust, *********, intercooler, intakes, charge pipe , bov, running e70 on backend flash. have done all of my maintenance water pump/ thermostat, vanos solenoids ,starter, alternator, power steering pump etc.... I've replaced a ton of stuff over the past 5 years. My question is I'm replacing my 100k stock turbos with probably the worst wastegate rattle in the world after years of abuse *! I've already replaced all vacuum lines trying to chase down an old boost leak. Installed new Rb pcv valves. Ive also ordered new boost solenoids , vacuum canisters, 2 step cold plugs , and TMAP 3.5 sensor. I want a completely new turbo set up without leaving something out What else am I missing? Should I also replace my turbo oil feed lines? Sorry for the long read and thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Rushan's Avatar
Rushan Rushan is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,234
Join Date: May 2014
Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 06-04-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew3424
Hey guys so I bit the bullet on my 2008 335i and just purchased the new pure cast turbos! I'm already fbo, stage 2 lpfp, exhaust, *********, intercooler, intakes, charge pipe , bov, running e70 on backend flash. have done all of my maintenance water pump/ thermostat, vanos solenoids ,starter, alternator, power steering pump etc.... I've replaced a ton of stuff over the past 5 years. My question is I'm replacing my 100k stock turbos with probably the worst wastegate rattle in the world after years of abuse *! I've already replaced all vacuum lines trying to chase down an old boost leak. Installed new Rb pcv valves. Ive also ordered new boost solenoids , vacuum canisters, 2 step cold plugs , and TMAP 3.5 sensor. I want a completely new turbo set up without leaving something out What else am I missing? Should I also replace my turbo oil feed lines? Sorry for the long read and thanks for your help.
As you are already there and subframe out, do the oil pan gasket and engine mounts.


09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
nissubaru nissubaru is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default 06-04-2019, 01:19 PM

Well, you didn't list any of the hardware or gaskets necessary for the turbo replacement...so there's that.

They sell kits for it but there's probably $75-100 worth of bull**** you don't need.

Necessary bits in my opinion:

6x 11627558906
16x 18407502196
16x 11127593376
12x 11427558936
2x 11422246091
2x 11427563453
2x 13717568030
2x 18307553601
2x 18307553603 - these are the ******** gaskets, skip it if you already have some
1x 11537545302

Should be it.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Andrew3424 Andrew3424 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: E92 335
Default 06-04-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
As you are already there and subframe out, do the oil pan gasket and engine mounts.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Andrew3424 Andrew3424 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: E92 335
Default 06-04-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissubaru
Well, you didn't list any of the hardware or gaskets necessary for the turbo replacement...so there's that.

They sell kits for it but there's probably $75-100 worth of bull**** you don't need.

Necessary bits in my opinion:

6x 11627558906
16x 18407502196
16x 11127593376
12x 11427558936
2x 11422246091
2x 11427563453
2x 13717568030
2x 18307553601
2x 18307553603 - these are the ******** gaskets, skip it if you already have some
1x 11537545302

Should be it.
Yes forgot to add I already bought the turbo install kit from pure was there any other parts that I need not in the general install kit?
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
nissubaru nissubaru is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default 06-04-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew3424
Yes forgot to add I already bought the turbo install kit from pure was there any other parts that I need not in the general install kit?
Water pump bolts maybe
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Got Boost?'s Avatar
Got Boost? Got Boost? is offline
*Rollin 3rd*
 
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jan 2008
Car: E93 335i
Default 06-04-2019, 08:22 PM

The musts:

Rear main seal. Get a new one in there

If you have 3 pedals and plan to go beyond 550whp get an upgrade flywheel/clutch

Same applies to fuel regardless of pedal count. Get a dual lpfp kit and start thinking about port injection because why not. Dont ever want to fuel starve it

Inlets/outlets Do homework for the right ones and make them fit right or don't install...

Plug the head and catch can the high/low sides

Tune it, send it, log it.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
lshaw13 lshaw13 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default 06-18-2019, 03:41 PM

how are the turbos running?


09 e90335i 6mt
15 F15 X5
17 Subaru Forester XT
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Andrew3424 Andrew3424 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: E92 335
Default 06-18-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaw13
how are the turbos running?
Still waiting on them.... hopefully by the end of the week will keep it updated
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Andrew3424 Andrew3424 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: E92 335
Default 06-18-2019, 07:53 PM

[

QUOTE=Got Boost?;636053]The musts:

Rear main seal. Get a new one in there
What did you mean plug the head and I have the bms catch can which other one do I need thanks

If you have 3 pedals and plan to go beyond 550whp get an upgrade flywheel/clutch

Same applies to fuel regardless of pedal count. Get a dual lpfp kit and start thinking about port injection because why not. Dont ever want to fuel starve it

Inlets/outlets Do homework for the right ones and make them fit right or don't install...

Plug the head and catch can the high/low sides

Tune it, send it, log it.[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 8,484
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-19-2019, 11:55 AM

Ever get these installed?


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
Andrew3424 Andrew3424 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2014
Car: E92 335
Default 06-19-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Ever get these installed?

Hey Dave I am currently still waiting hopefully within the next week or so Iíll keep everyone updated
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
fazman fazman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jan 2013
Car: e90 FBO
Default 08-11-2019, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew3424
Hey Dave I am currently still waiting hopefully within the next week or so Iíll keep everyone updated
Any update? I'm looking to get the new cast n54 PURE's as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com