N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#376)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Will a beta order link up tonight with luck.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#377)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Opened another beta group! Order here: http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_JBD_...ance_chip.html

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#378)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-16-2010, 07:39 PM

I'm in !

Jeff
(#379)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2010, 07:39 PM

Forgot to mention, 20 spots on this one. Looks like 4 are taken already.

Burger Motorsports

(#380)
Old

Default 07-16-2010, 07:50 PM

Since I only ordered the JDB, and not the BT Scan, does that it mean it only has one tune ?

which one ?

Jeff
(#381)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2010, 07:51 PM

The BT is suggested for all beta testers to read/clear any hidden codes. Although so far in testing the default setting of 60% has not triggered any.

Burger Motorsports

(#382)
Old

Default 07-17-2010, 06:58 AM

just read the instructions on your site.. sorry.!

i can't wait
(#383)
Old

Car: BMW 335D
Default JBD beta test - 07-17-2010, 07:09 AM

I have a 335D that has been to the dealer 3 times for problems with the emissions system. The "service engine soon" light keeps coming back on. Recently the car was in for 2 weeks. Should this impact my decision to join the test group?
(#384)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisO
I have a 335D that has been to the dealer 3 times for problems with the emissions system. The "service engine soon" light keeps coming back on. Recently the car was in for 2 weeks. Should this impact my decision to join the test group?
Doesn't matter but do grab the BT if you're having codes, etc, stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#385)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335d
Default quick question about beta - 07-17-2010, 01:09 PM

Hello,

I hate to ask a dumb question but, will there be an update available for those who participate in the beta once the beta is finished and the JB Diesel Module is finalized?

Thanks.

- Matt
(#386)
Old

Car: 335d
Default 07-17-2010, 01:10 PM

I have a JBD on the way and also have an appointment next week for the software update.

I haven't thrown any codes and the car is running perfectly, so I wondering if I should leave it alone and skip the update? I don't think it's a mandatory recall.

What would you guys do?
(#387)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx
Hello,

I hate to ask a dumb question but, will there be an update available for those who participate in the beta once the beta is finished and the JB Diesel Module is finalized?

Thanks.

- Matt
Yes if any software changes are made we will mail you an update chip.

Burger Motorsports

(#388)
Old

Car: 2009 E90 335xi / 2010 E70 X535d
Default 07-18-2010, 11:23 PM

I'm in.

Thanks,

Allan

2009 E90 335i Xdrive / 2013 X5 35i
(#389)
Old

Default 07-19-2010, 02:37 PM

Installed mine today. Ran it for 10-15 miles at default and then went 100%. No codes, better throttle response and even more torque. The funny thing is the mileage seems to have improved. I was down to about 25 MPG and now it's close to 30. And how is this for service...ordered on Sat and received it today.From CA. to MI.
(#390)
Old

Default 07-19-2010, 04:45 PM

Yup..ordered mine Friday night and USPS tried to deliver today. Super quick. But..out of town till Thurs..so I'll have to wait..darn.
(#391)
Old

Default 07-19-2010, 04:49 PM

I also had the 'service engine soon' light come on once..but it went away. Either way its only a minor emissions issue I believe(variable intake plenum adjustment/operation - ECU map recall notice)..so I'll wait till my next major service if it re-appears.
(#392)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2010, 04:52 PM

The motor does have a tendency to throw SES lights often untuned. That is where the BT comes in. You can check to see if its related, etc, before going in.

Burger Motorsports

(#393)
Old

Car: BMW 335d
Default 07-19-2010, 06:00 PM

Woot!! Received and installed it today. What a change!!! Now we need an intake.

Last edited by atam; 07-19-2010 at 06:17 PM..
(#394)
Old

Default 07-19-2010, 06:15 PM

Hey Terry..is the improved fuel mileage folks are reporting seem reasonable/accurate. I thought I read something in one of your threads relating to increased fuel rail pressure which in turn gives optimistic computer MPG readings? If the increased mpg is reasonably accurate..what program logic is generating the improved MPG? thx..
(#395)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot
Hey Terry..is the improved fuel mileage folks are reporting seem reasonable/accurate. I thought I read something in one of your threads relating to increased fuel rail pressure which in turn gives optimistic computer MPG readings? If the increased mpg is reasonably accurate..what program logic is generating the improved MPG? thx..
It's sort of a mixed bag. We do provide some very mild MPG gains at low throttle but under heavy throttle the ECU will reflect an inaccurate/optimistic MPG. It comes down to how you drive and how much is at low throttle vs. heavy throttle. At the end of the day we're not advertising it as a MPG booster. As everyone knows with a diesel it takes more fuel to make more power.

Burger Motorsports

(#396)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2010, 10:42 PM

Hey guys,

Going to make a revision to the install guide tomorrow with regard to placement. Two beta testers have reported mild deforming of the plastic enclosure in our original location so we're going to suggest the JBD be mounted on the cold side of the engine bay opposite the turbos. See attached photos. You can secure the JBD there with a tie-wrap or zip tie, or just shove it in a corner if you prefer. This goes for X5D and 335D. And of course should your box deform from following our original (poor) instructions we're happy to send a new one.

Burger Motorsports

(#397)
Old

Default 07-19-2010, 10:49 PM

I think if it touches any sort of metal in there it will deform.

And no way someone's mpg went from 25 to 30.

According to the comp, what used to be 29.8 is down to 28.6
Haven't done the math on paper yet so if the engine cant calculate with a few WOT..
(#398)
Old

Car: X5D & 540i
Default 07-19-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Going to make a revision to the install guide tomorrow with regard to placement. Two beta testers have reported mild deforming of the plastic enclosure in our original location so we're going to suggest the JBD be mounted on the cold side of the engine bay opposite the turbos. See attached photos. You can secure the JBD there with a tie-wrap or zip tie, or just shove it in a corner if you prefer. This goes for X5D and 335D. And of course should your box deform from following our original (poor) instructions we're happy to send a new one.
I was also bit concern about JBD getting little too hot but didn't deformed yet. But wondering if the chip and electronic components inside the JBD is rated for underhood temperatures and affects performance characteristics of the tune or not.

I hate the fact that with X5D, the intake plenum is running over top of the turbos and getting extremly hot and afraid of deformed first before JBD does
(#399)
Old

Default 07-20-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFTW
I think if it touches any sort of metal in there it will deform.

And no way someone's mpg went from 25 to 30.

You're right. I'm sure with some more miles it will adjust closer to reality.
(#400)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011X5D
I was also bit concern about JBD getting little too hot but didn't deformed yet. But wondering if the chip and electronic components inside the JBD is rated for underhood temperatures and affects performance characteristics of the tune or not.
They are and it doesn't.

Burger Motorsports